Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #1  

Default Wonderslim vs Medifast weight loss average per month?

I've been hearing about how awesome Wonderslim is, it's cheaper and tastes better, etc than Medifast. But just from some initial research, it seems like people lose more per month on Medifast than on Wonderslim.

I was wondering what your experiences were if you have tried both?

Or for those of you who have strictly gone with Wonderslim... on average, how much do you lose a month?
Bones1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #2  

Nobody?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/272/185 end of week 1, 266

Height: 5'9

well- i just started wonderslim yesterday bc i cannot afford medifast, so i will keep you posted, at the end of the week as to how much i have lost. i too had thought there was a bigger loss on medifast, BUT figured at this point ANY loss is better than no loss, which is what im getting without it. Also- there are so many variables to weight loss, such as, you lose more quicker, period if you have more to lose. if you are male you will lose more, faster, as well etc....any how the wonderslim stuff is really really good and coming from an atkins shake background, i cant believe its diet stuff!
nowisthetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

I dont know what either of these are really - or how the plan works, but I'm itnerested to see what results you guys have...
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:09 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowisthetime View Post
well- i just started wonderslim yesterday bc i cannot afford medifast, so i will keep you posted, at the end of the week as to how much i have lost. i too had thought there was a bigger loss on medifast, BUT figured at this point ANY loss is better than no loss, which is what im getting without it. Also- there are so many variables to weight loss, such as, you lose more quicker, period if you have more to lose. if you are male you will lose more, faster, as well etc....any how the wonderslim stuff is really really good and coming from an atkins shake background, i cant believe its diet stuff!
My first delivery of Medifast is on the way. I should've read more of the forums before purchasing, I think, because it's a lot cheaper and tastes better (or so I've heard).. But I'm still excited to try Medifast!

And I agree that any loss is better than none, I'd be happy with whatever works.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #6  
Yeah, Im new

Hey everyone, I am new here and this is my first post! So I didnt even properly introduce myself but oh well, lol.

I did Medifast for about a month and a half and lost 35 lb. The weight seemed like it was just melting off. I had never done a meal replacemnt program before but I really liked it cause it was fast weight loss and it was easy!

I was going to go back on Medifast until I discovered Wonderslim. I actually found out about Wonderslim while searching for diets comparable to Medifast. I actually just got my very first shippment of Wonderslim today and plan to start on Monday. Medifast is really expensive, over $300 a month. I am going to use Wonderslim products but instead of using 7 WS products, Im only going to use 3 and have 3 fruit or vegetable snacks along with a lean and green dinner.

I guess you could say Im going to be following a sort of VLCD with the aid of WS products. So my weight loss should be great than the average 2-4 lbs per week. I will let everyone know how it goes - I think i will also be making a vLOG to show my progress.
Amelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #7  

I did Medifast and lost around 10 lbs the first month, but that is all i lost and got discouraged after not losing anything the 2nd month. Granted, i did *cheat* the 2nd month, but it wasn't anything major.. like i replaced dinner and a bar with 2 rolls of sushi. Plus the bars are super tiny and i was ALWAYS hungry and waiting for my next meal like a feen lol

I am currently on optifast, started on february 1st. I like it much better so far! It could just be an attitude change on my part, because no matter what diet you pick you will lose as long as you stick to it! But i couldn't stick to medifast because of hunger issues... Wonderslim is similiar to optifast, except i believe wonderslim has 2 more shakes/bars and a meal.. =]

I also did nutrisystem in the past.. and failed because the food was yucky lol and saw barely any losses.

Last edited by DailyStruggle; 02-17-2012 at 10:14 PM.
DailyStruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Wonderslim will not keep you under 100g carbs/day and does not put you into mild ketosis, which is why you may lose more slowly on Wonderslim.

Medifast restricts carb, ideally in the 80-85g/day range, and this mild ketosis curbs hunger and, for me at least, makes the weight drop off faster.

I lost 15 pounds the first month and generally about 7 pounds a month after that on Medifast when I stuck to it 100%.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

I tried some store bought shakes just to see if I could do it before ordering Wonderslim. My sister started with Medifast and it was working well but the cost was just too much and she didn't like the shakes so she whiched to Wonderslim. She knows that i'm a picky eater so if its something I don't like I just won't do it.

I have only been on WS 8 days and but two weeks total on this type of diet and i'm down 16 lbs.
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #10  

I think it all depends on the individual, as no diet is really better than the other... well in some cases some are... a lot. But you know what I mean. It's just sooo many factors you have to account for when making the decision. Will you stick to it and follow it thoroughly, the cost, the time involved, time of preparation, ease of use, etc.

I just hate doing a diet where I have to add to it, as I feel like why am I spending so much in the first place when I still have to go buy more, but at the same time it's catch-22 because I prefer to have FRESH fruit and vegetables, etc.

I've tried many programs, and had done great on them when I stuck to them, but I have so little time in a day with what I do for a living, that I really don't have time to eat often and the best thing for me is usually a shake these days. Lately it's been so hot, I have been losing weight naturally just by moving around, lol.

I'd say though, if Medifast wasn't working for you (cost wise) and WonderSlim is, then hey... stick it out until it stops working. Just know that in the beginning a lot of lost weight is water weight so you can't really count that in your route to success as much.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #11  

I tried Medifast for about a month and lost 6 lbs. I am sorry, but I could barely stomach the food. It was terrible, in my opinion. I like the idea of meal replacement because it is less preparation, thinking, etc. Not only was the food bad, it was soooo expensive. I did a search and found Wonderslim and figured what the heck, I would give it try. I just received my 2nd box of food and have been following it (not 100% yet) for about a week and I am down 2 lbs., which to me, is better than up! I really started following it strictly today, so I will let you know how it goes. I do have to say one thing... the food is amazing. The pancakes are really good and it makes 3 nice pancakes... my hubby even liked them. So far, everything has been so much tastier than Medifast I really cannot believe it is diet food. I do think the weight loss may be slower than Medifast because the nutritional make-up is a little different, but if it works, that is fine by me. At least I can eat it and look forward to my meals.
ForeverTryingtoLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9

I did Medifast in the past, and IMO it is WAY too expensive! It did not teach me how to eat properly and you cannot rely of the "food" forever.
erialicia2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:28 PM   #13  

Default Medifast results

I've been on Medifast for a month and my weight loss is only 7 lbs and I am exercising. Disappointing but down a pants size. After I'm finished I think I'll do Atkins 20 for a while. Medifast very expensive and I'm always hungry.
divine777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:24 PM   #14  

Default Medifast versus Wonderslim

So, I was on Medifast for six months last year and managed to lose 65 pounds. I think it's a great program, but super expensive if you're on a budget. I have used Wonderslim over the past six months and while I have maintained my weight, I have not lost. While I like the price of Wonderslim better, of course, I believe Medifast is best for my particular genetic makeup. Everyone is different and some people that are more active than I am may still lose on Wonderslim, but it didn't put me into ketosis (fat-burning mode) like Medifast did because there were more carbs and fat in the Wonderslim foods I ordered than there are in the Medifast. Medifast also has a lot of vitamins in their supplements, so that's a plus too.

I order my Medifast through TAKE SHAPE FOR LIFE, which is a really nice company with free health coaches and a good online community if you need/like that sort of thing. If you join what is called their "Be Slim Club" you get a small discount on the Medifast food, but it doesn't add up to much. The "Be Slim Club" is free; the only requirement is that you have to place one order every so often (I can't remember if it's two months, three months, or what?) but you save about $10 on each order if you order $200 worth of supplements.

Has anyone else had any luck with Wonderslim and been able to compare it to Medifast? I'm starting back on Medifast on July 1st and want to consider ordering from DIET DIRECT for Wonderslim products too and see if I can continue to lose weight.

The Take Shape For Life program did give me a meal plan on how to take off weight without meal replacements too, so that was a plus as well if you are not someone who can afford their meal replacements and want to just eat three meals a day with no snacks.
Susan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/157/135

Height: 5'3"

I've never heard of wonderslim. I do nutrisystem and love it!!
TeamsterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote