South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-30-2017, 08:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Chat 9/30-10/6

I read it is National Coffee Day.

Anyone need some?
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 AM   #2  

Good morning, chicks.

Very happy this morning as my weight dropped again today and I made my goal for the month. Now to keep the momentum going in October. I'd really like to drop another couple.

Not sure what is on my agenda today; I should do a little laundry and cleaning, and I have a luncheon for coaches of the local school science clubs. Keeping my fingers crossed for some healthy options. There has to be salad, doesn't there?

In my dream world I would also putter around outside for a bit; the gardens need to be put to bed. We shall see if I find time.

Have a great day, chicks.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is starting out chilly but will be a beautiful day outside in the 70s. DD2 has marching competition 2 hours away so I am not going today, I am taking care of the outside of my garage project today, got all of my supplies and DS is coming to help at 10. DH is off to car races and DD1 is moving today (well picking up her bed and mattress). Tomorrow DD2 and I are going to help with the move and I will help later today as well. Eating has still been OP so even with ups and downs this month I ended up 2.5 lbs less than what I started so I consider it progress.

Beth congrats on making goal loss for this month.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:07 AM   #4  

Morning, chicks! We have our first frost to go with the new month. There are years when it happens in September so I am ok with this.

Today DH and I are off to a RV show. We are starting to seriously consider our options for retirement and this could be in the plans....just collecting information and dreaming right now.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Didn't get here Friday or Saturday. Congrats Beth and Pearlrose for having a loss in September. I on the other hand had a gain oops. Too much eating out and not planning well. At least with the cooler temps the crock pot will be making a return. I leave tomorrow to see DS. I am planning on hitting the hotel gym. I only get to see DS on Tuesday and not certain for how long. I get back Wednesday late afternoon then back to the grind Thursday with a morning meeting in the city.

The bike ride was a lot of fun. My pace was strong. Three of us made a wrong turn and added an extra 5 miles to our route lol. It was great when we were in Southampton as my BF from HS met us at our lunch rest stop.

Last night me and the fellas went to Ruth Chris for dinner. Totally worth the splurge on a decadent dinner. We had a lot of laughs at our superiors expense and a lot of razzing each other too. It's how we cope. We are going to try and get together every 2-3 months in different locations.

Well I better start my day or I'll be flying to VA with only my pocketbook lol.

Have a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3523.jpg (39.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3524.jpg (45.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by jekel383; 10-01-2017 at 08:20 AM.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Jennifer - where in VA are you going? Sorry - hard for me to catch up but safe travels.

I am food shopping today. I haven't cooked in a long time, truly for myself without getting resentful because my wife does zero of it. I just feel so much better when I am OP, you know?

Trying to narrow down what to make (and that's easy). Happy Sunday y'all!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #7  

Good morning,

Garage project complete and we even tore down the wooden playhouse that needed to be taking down. Took almost all day but it got accomplished, DD2 was too tired last night so we are going over today to put her furniture together (IKEA). Supposed to be another beautiful day too.

Beth have fun looking at RVs, my coworker who retired in May bought one, I am going to go stay with her in it for a couple of days this month.

Jekel have safe travels today and enjoy the visit with your DS. I think I will create another weightloss goal and exercise goal that can be stickies for this month

Jenne if it makes you feel any better DH doesn't help with cooking at all either, so I make what I want, but do add a side for DH and DD2.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:40 AM   #8  

Good morning,

It was nice enough to do my walk outside this morning but getting darker out there at that time. Today is wfh have several meetings. DD1 has practice this evening and that is about it on our agenda. I ate off plan last night and the scale is up so will need to get that off before I can work on October's goal.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:04 AM   #9  

Such an incredibly horrible Sunday. Between the events in France, Canada and Las Vegas my heart just aches. Prior to leaving this morning needed to take care of a few logistics for work. Despite feeling guilty leaving I wouldn't trade time with DS for anything. Especially since his life is no longer his own.

Jenne I am off to Fort Lee VA just outside of Richmond. My son enlisted in April. I too am the only cook in the house. Darn Coconut just refuses to help. This time of year I make things in the crockpot to freeze. I am way overdue for a big cooking day. How have you been?

Pearlrose I think you need an engineering degree to put together some of IKEA's products lol. Whatever you do, don't lose the little IKEA tool. LOL

Beth I would love to go RVing at some point in my life. My grandpa always wanted one, but my grandma wouldn't go anywhere.

I got to JFK super early as I really do not like traveling. It has gotten worse the older I get. I really believe it is a side effect of my job. Sometimes it is a great thing but it really does take a toll on you.

I rejoined Planet Fitness after a nearly 7 year hiatus. I brought my member ID as there is a PF one mile from the hotel. I think I need to exercise more to burn off some stress lol. Maybe I will snack less this month too.

Time to get more steps in before my flight.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:36 PM   #10  

LOL change of workout plans. The hotel gym is being renovated and really smells of fresh paint and other construction odors lol. Walked to WAWA and was greeted by 1 strange man (called me baby as I passed) and another panhandling at the entrance. Wasn't like this the last time I stayed here a few weeks ago. SO I decided to work out in my room. Thanks internet

Found out an off duty officer was grazed in the face during the shooting. Despite being injured still assisted others with his wife to safety. That officer sat behind me in the police academy. Super great guy!!! Transferred to a police department in Arizona to be closer to his dad who retired there. He was at the concert with his wife and a few friends. Fortunately he is on his way home to AZ. Don't get me wrong, I love my job but lately I find myself wanting to live in a bubble.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #11  

Evening, chicks.

Horrible events in the country and the world. Makes my little inconveniences at work seem so small.

Jennifer, have a wonderful time with DS! I remember one time I stayed in a hotel and there was a "in-room" workout brochure; push ups, squats, etc. I should have kept it.

Pearlrose, I am really noticing the short day light too. Scale was up today from eating out yesterday, but am drinking lots of water and hoping to get rid of it.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:16 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Morning!

Working hard trying to keep head above water. We ended up driving over to Glenwood after I got off work on Sunday because they were having a hard freeze last night. We still had hoses and swamp cooler were still hooked up. We turned around and came right back after getting everything bottled up because I had to work at 5:30 yesterday morning. Ended up getting stuck on top of a pass for 4-1/2 hours because the semi's didn't put the chains on the as they were required to. Fortunately they let all the people that were stuck above get out, eventually. The road never reopened. But I got two hours of sleep. Far too little for me.

I was supposed to work tomorrow but got somebody to cover that so I will rest more again tonight and hopefully be back on track tomorrow. Food is OK. Wait it's OK. Up at few pounds but I can deal with that.

Love you all! Hope your Tuesdays are well.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-03-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #13  

Good morning,

The scale went back down amazing what being op and drinking lots of water and green tea will do. Onward and downward. I got the gutters of the garage cleaned out last night, so outside of garage is now done. Tonight DD2 wants to put out Halloween decorations so we will.

Jekel have fun with DS today is the day you get to spend time with him right? I resort to doing yoga sometimes at hotels. Glad to hear that your friend was okay, is it bad that I don't want to watch the news sometimes because it is just one bad thing after another.

Beth hope the scale does a swoosh for you.

Debbie I cannot function on 2 hours of sleep I am like a zombie when it has happened. I hope you are able to get a nap right after work today.

Let's make it a great day today!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-03-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #14  

Hey chicks. We have a lovely day today; too bad I had a meeting after work and couldn't enjoy it. I did motivate myself to do a exercise tape when I got home, though.

Pearlrose, the scale moved down a bit but not to where it was Saturday morning. Like I already said, the general trend has been downward this month but it has sure been a zig-zag!

Jennifer, enjoy your time with DS!

Debbie, I can't function if I stay up until 11 pm much less with 2 hours of sleep! Hope you get caught up.

Ruth, hope things are going well.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:38 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Bit of a muggy day today but I still went for a walk outside, got to do while I still can. I am with you Beth my scale has been a total zig zag as well. Tonight DD2 has practice and then DD1 and I are going to a rummage sale to see if they have any furniture they can use.