Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up October 2017 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-31-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:13 AM   #2  
Warrior Princess

Almost October but I'm here again and in it to win it.

Last night was Jillian 30 Day Shred and tonight I
jogged outside for approx half hour. I'm so annoyed about having to wear a bikini soon.

Re: CoQ10 and statins - the article stated to take them for side-effects but I have none. I'm also on psych meds so they can counter act, I definitely can't risk that.

Anyway, I'm up late watching Deadly Women on ID. I've been addicted to this channel for years.

Today was a good day. I've been holding a fundraiser for staff at the Turks and Caicos resort we married at in 2014. Many lost everything in hurricane Irma and we managed to raise $10,000.

Goodnight.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:18 AM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

novangel Welcome back! It is wonderful that you have been able to help raise money like that.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:52 PM   #4  
Warrior Princess

I ate pretty good today, not a lot of carbs, and jogged outside for 30 minutes. Hills and wind resistance beat treadmills by far. I currently don't have a gym membership but plan to renew in December. I'm really on a mission to get some of this fluff off for this trip though. Jogging really gets extra pounds off fairly quickly.

Nothing else to report. Sorry to hear you're still struggling with thyroid, Diana. I know it's a lifelong ordeal of medication adjustments. They need to find a way to stabilize levels better for sure.

Happy October.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. Still 238. Week so far 2.2.

Today the plans are to go kayaking with granddaughter Devin who is spending the weekend and then I have to bathe the dogs and wash out their indoor crates and truck crates. During dog training Friday night Beau got hot and I allowed him to wallow around in mud. Needless to say, yesterday his house time was restricted to being in his crate and he spent the day outside. Tilly is not quite so dirty because she did not do the mud thing but she smells like a dog. A bit cool for an outside bath but then this is the dog who will break through ice and lay in ice water and I do have a high velocity blower. Could take to lake but they are both kind of big to fit in our kayaks. Might do it inside which, with German Shepherds, means a complete bathroom wall cleaning as hair gets stuck to the walls and everywhere. Ah well, warm water would help release undercoat. I also need to find the time to set up a new computer for my search team. Oh joy.

Today

Sunday breakfast is one egg, one oz cheese, 4 oz cooked hashbrowns, banana

Lunch is apple and peanut butter and celery-will go by grocery store and have husband and granddaughter choose something to take for their lunch.

Dinner is ground beef cabbage dish
Old 10-01-2017, 07:59 AM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Novangel Nothing beats a good outdoor walk, for sure.

grannynancy Sounds like a busy day!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1465 +
Weigh In: 180.8
Down: .2

Have a great day!

I like today's devotion. I can agree, having to diet is like a bad rash.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 1

2 Corinthians 12:10
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches,in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Having to diet was like having a bad rash. It was almost impossible to ignore, and it never went away. It was a real test of will not to give in when the stomach started growling. More than anything he ate regularly, just not as much as he was used to. He always prided himself on being a strong person. His diet was proving otherwise. He was short-tempered and cranky. As hard as it was, he had to admit he needed help. He prayed for God to strengthen him through his diet. With God's help, he felt he might just make it.

Today's thought: I'm stronger than my stomach gives me credit for being!
Old 10-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and Happy October. This month marks my 1 year on low carb/high fat. I have maintained the 25lb loss but am soo stalled as you know. So this month I am going to do a few things different.
1. I am going to set goals something I fell out of the habit of doing, goal one lose 4lb this month and exercise a min of 4 times per week.
2. Cut out the adult beverages for the month, something I did last year
3. Log all my bites, something I have been very lax in doing

I am hoping to get the next 20lbs off by next summer, I am ok going slow slow, I look at it as more of a lifestyle change rather than a diet. A diet has an end, I can't go back to my old ways so this is me getting healthy for life.

Actually now that I put it in words this is even more scary than last year. I will be here every day to check in
Old 10-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #8  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Happy Sunday everyone.

I can't believe it's October already! The weather got a little cooler today and I'm loving it. I went for an hour walk this morning and it was wonderful. I'm ready to have a great OP month.

I've had a good weekend of eating so far. Yesterday I was invited to two functions with lots of foods and sweets. I ate very little at both and did not have any sweets. I felt so proud that I have reached he point where I can say NO to food.

I hope you all have a great day and a great month.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Nancy. I do hope that you get it sorted! A lot of carbs in adult beverages as well. Slow and steady sticks. I have a bad pattern to break of losing stalling quitting and regaining. Glad you have the wisdom to not do that. I know I will get to a very slow rate at some point and have a long way to go. Actually have already slowed some after only 26lbs even with upping exercise but the exercise is good for health.

The kayak trip fell through because Devin forgot they had to drive to visit other family members today for a birthday.

But I have plenty to keep me busy including some shrubbery trimming and (sigh) weeding which will replace the time we were going to be kayaking. Also going to plan out a menu for the week. (or at least the next 4 days because all the vegetables force me to the grocers twice a week ).

Gettinfit - that is great about avoiding the foods.

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-01-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well I just finished making some amazing low carb granola bars. I may have cooked them a little to long since they are rather crumbly. Next time I will under cook them just a bit. I ended up with 27 small bars vs 20 the recipe said.

Here is the link for anyone doing LCHF diets
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/l...b-granola-bars

I have all my prep done for lunches next week which can be a huge chore. While I was at it I prepped all my veggies for stir fry tonight. Meatless Sunday today.

Looks the the weather is taking a turn for the better this afternoon so I am off for a walk/hike

Gettinfit congrats on just saying NO
Granny thank you for the words of encourgement
Diana Thank you for the thread

Waving to all
Old 10-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/188/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Newbie

Not sure if posting this correctly...
Started NS Turbo Takeoff yesterday. It is very tough. They recommend not exercising but need to take dogs for their run and I hike in the bush for 45 min with them. So I am eating more calories than recommended. I am just woosie though and need the extra calories. TT has you eat less than 700-900 calories your first week. I ate 1000.
Am looking forward to checking in with you all in the next few weeks so you guys can help keep me accountable.
Also, how do I upload the weight ticker?
Old 10-01-2017, 10:27 PM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem71 View Post
Not sure if posting this correctly...
Started NS Turbo Takeoff yesterday. It is very tough. They recommend not exercising but need to take dogs for their run and I hike in the bush for 45 min with them. So I am eating more calories than recommended. I am just woosie though and need the extra calories. TT has you eat less than 700-900 calories your first week. I ate 1000.
Am looking forward to checking in with you all in the next few weeks so you guys can help keep me accountable.
Also, how do I upload the weight ticker?
Hi and welcome to the check-in. Here's the info on the tickers: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html
Old 10-01-2017, 10:34 PM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Today was a really bad eating day. I have ten thousand excuses but none of them are good enough. I have been very anxious about my upcoming Dr. apts. I am not happy that I have gained since I was at the Dr. last. Of course, eating off plan only makes that situation worse. Gotta love those self destructive behaviors. Tomorrow is one of my Dr's apts. I haven't done labs yet. The Dr. just moved, so we still need to get my records from the other place, etc. I'm not even going to post my foods from today. I will weigh in tomorrow and start out fresh. I did workout today. At least I got that right.

Exercise: JS Total body Time Saver w/8's and Red Mile w/Leslie

Enjoy your evening and rest well.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Diana! Doctor appointments give me stress. I can understand why you might have had a bad eating day. I don't know about you, but as soon as the fall hits, I do more comfort eating. It's very hard not to. There's is something about the shorter days and cooling weather that just makes me want comfort. Hope today goes better for you
Old 10-02-2017, 05:36 AM   #15  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
165.8 this morning, same as yesterday

Happy October everyone!

We had a crappy weather day, then a beautiful one, supposed to be nice for a few days, so hoping to get some more outside stuff done this week.

I’m a weight watcher, currently working the plan, hoping to get back to goal this time, 19 to go for my WW goal.

Diana sorry stress got to you. Drs. appts. get me, too. I really need to make some, I’m due for some annual checkups, I think I don’t go because I’m afraid they’ll find something even though I feel fine. If I feel bad I don’t go because I know they’ll find something so, kudos for going and taking care of yourself

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-02-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Closed Thread