Old 03-01-2004, 01:44 AM   #1  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Smile Non Scale Victories for March

Hmmmm....I am super excited because I fit into a pair 14/16 pair of pants!!! I started out in January being a size 26/28....so this is huge!!!! Although it is not a pair of jeans....and the pants have an elastic waist.....I will take the fact that I am fitting into them.

How is everyone else doing so far?????

Last edited by Monkeybabies; 03-05-2004 at 10:52 AM.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:35 PM   #2  

gina that is awesome. great victory. my nsv actually happened fri. night, but i forgot to post it this weekend, so i will put it here for march. fri. night my dh was out of town and the girls were at the movies, so i decided to get some take out and sit at home and watch movies. i contemplated all the fast food places in town, and thought, you know i can eat anything and no one will know, except for me, that is. i was not about to give in to that temptation. to make a long story short, i went to captain d's and got grilled shrimp, rice, vegatables, baked potato, (smart balance lite on the tater), and cole slaw. i was really proud of myself. i am going to get a handle on this food addiction. i will not let food rule my life.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i bought some nylons today, and i used the chart on the back.. not only did i actually fit into one of the shaded areas.. i fit into C, not D!
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:45 PM   #4  

Alright HOLLY!!!! It's those "little" victories that make us realize just how far we've come.
Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:56 AM   #5  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

We had a really rugged stressful night at work the other night, ended up staying over by 2 hours to get everything finished up. On other such occasions, I turned to food to relieve my stress. This time, I didn't give in to food, talked to my mom instead. I still mess up sometimes, but I figure each time I don't is one little step closer to being where I want to be.

Gayle
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:56 AM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Way to go gayle....

I think if we are mindfully aware of what we are doing...and try to stop it...that is the most important thing. Seriously...we have come so far as far as turning to food in a stressful time...or binging. I am really proud of you...now can you help me!!! LOL...And I think just knowing that this is gonna take a LONG time to break the stress/eat factor...and that it is not gonna happen overnight...then that will make it easier.

I hate, when I have gone so long with out wanting to eat for any other reason except nutrition, and CRAVE, WANT to eat because of an emotional need. It happened to me last night...I was pissed at DH...so I went to the fridge...closed it, and made a cup of coacoa instead. It is a step...so I will take it!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Another clothing NSV for me. I put on my daughter's "fat" pants, which are a sz. 12 pair of boot cut, ultra low rise jeans, and I was able to pull them up, button them (with some difficulty) and zip them up (not so difficult). Now, I'd never wear them in public, but I'm just excited that I was actually able to put on a pair of sz. 12 jeans! When I lose another 10 lbs., I may be able to wear them in public, although ultra low-rise might not be quite the style for an almost 51 year old grandma.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:34 PM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

Those pants sound pretty darn cool for a young grandma Sheila - I was going to suggest you wear them to Chicago, but I guess they'll be too big by then
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:59 AM   #9  
Losing Again!

I had several of them today. And seeing as the scale wasn't a victory this week, it's a good thing!

During our deep water jogging class, we were all talking about trying to lose weight and stuff. So I told the girls I'd lost about 75 pounds. When I said I had about 90 more to go, they just would not believe that I weigh 225. Made me feel good, seeing as they see me in my swimsuits. Ack!

The second happened just after class when I took a bath towel (not a bath sheet, and we all know the difference I'd guess), a cheap $2.88 bath towel at that, and wrapped it around me, tucked in the corner and it overlaped all the way down...

And finally last night when I went to Victoria's Secret, they treated me like a customer not some alien invader spying to take the info back to the home planet. It was great!
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:37 PM   #10  

i had a pretty good nsv today. i have lost another 4 inches. that is a total of 19 inches in all. yesterday i got into a dress that i haven't worn but once, because after i wore it that one time then i gained to much weight to wear it again, but i now fit into it and probably won't be wearing it much longer, because it will be to big.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Hey peeps:-) We had our Phase 3 PhaseOut last Wednesday at school. There are only 4 phases. I got a 96 on the practical and a 93 on the written. I'm now officially in Phase 4 and I only have 12 weeks til graduation! *woohoo* Congrats on your stuff, too, Holly!
LesnarsTXF5Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:41 AM   #12  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats to everyone.

I walked down both the food aisles @ Kmart tonight, looking for Gatorade powder. (the trainer told me to drink watered down Gatorade when I walk, to avoid the swollen fingers, and it worked last time, but the powder is so much cheaper) So I walked past all the chips, popcorn, nuts, etc. All the salty things I loooooove. And even had my hand on a small bag of Cracker Jack (99 cents! No hydrogenated oil!), but put them back.

Instead, I got myself 2 paperbacks. Much better treat. And it's nice to know I can go into Kmart & be surrounded by treat & not even be phased.

I walked past the Easter Candy, too. The thought of it disgusts me. *feels own forehead* B/c usually I'd rationalize that I could have a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg, and some Cadbury Mini-Eggs, and ooh, how about those Starburst Jelly beans? Didn't even look to see what they had other than it was pastel colored bags. WEEEEE!

Now that Martha Stewart is going to jail, when is Kmart going to lower the price on her 270 thread count sheets? $30 for a flat sheet? Are we forgetting that we are K-freaking-mart? Gah!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace
Now that Martha Stewart is going to jail, when is Kmart going to lower the price on her 270 thread count sheets? $30 for a flat sheet? Are we forgetting that we are K-freaking-mart? Gah!

Don't you think Ms. Stewart is going to just adore those black and white striped sheets?
LesnarsTXF5Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Okay, I wore an old tank top to weigh-in this morning, and I swear I saw a real muscle in my arm!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:18 AM   #15  
Crazy Canuck

When we had the big blackout last August (while I was at work), I had to walk down 56 flights of stairs and it took me just under half an hour, plus the next day my calves felt like they were on fire. Yesterday the building decided it was time for another emergency evacuation test and I made sure to look at my watch before I left. Got down the stairs in 17 minutes and today the calves are tingling a bit, but not terribly uncomfortable. This really made me feel good, because my weight hasn't changed much in that six months (down about 10lbs. after losing over 90lbs. the first year), so I was getting a wee bit discouraged. But now I can tell I'm in better shape than six months ago, so that's non-scale progress and I find it a great motivational tool to keep going.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote