Old 09-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

Default ~~~~ 100 Days Till New Years Challenge!!! ~~~~

Hi all! I'm not really new here... I was pretty active back in 2013. Though I was actually never terribly active here on the challenge board.

But, I am starting back up on my weight loss journey after a couple of years and some regain.

I read somewhere today that on September 23rd there are officially 100 days left until New Years!

I know people generally think about resolutions and goals and such around new years, but I thought wouldn't it be nice to get ahead of the curve and start now? That way there when new years rolls around and everyone starts making their "get healthy" and "lose weight" resolutions, I've already been working on it for 3 months!

Like I said, I've never really been active on this board and I've never made a challenge before so... I'm winging it. I don't know if I'll post daily or weekly, I tend to only weigh weekly... so we'll see!! Feel free to join in!!!

-------------------

9/21/17 - 102 Days until New Years

Scale Goal
CW: 284
GW: 248

It's a pretty lofty goal I know, but I'd love to lose the regain by the end of the year and feel like I'm starting fresh in the new year... but really I'd be happy to just be in the 250s.

Non Scale Goals

- By 1/1/18 be going to the gym three mornings a week.
- Stay under my allotted calories at least 6/7 days each week.
- Log food on MFP every day until New Years
- Fit into this "little black dress" that I love (that is a 2XL, so basically, drop a dress size)
- No more soda

Non-weight related Goals
- Go back to having "no device days" to spend more time with my partner + on just reflecting on life/my future.
- Set aside 15 minutes each day to read again.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

makebelieve Hi!! I would love to join with you! That is crazy that we are that close to the New Year, where does the time go??

SW: 184
GW: 156 This is the same goal as my Christmas challenge, but this way I have an extra week to get as close as possible

I love your goals!

Here are a couple of mine:

* consistent workouts 4-5 days per week
* be completely done with diet coke (even for special occasions)
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #3  

Yayy! Glad you guys are joining in!

@kfunk6113 So you've lost 70 pounds in less than a year? That's incredible congrats on your progress so far. You can do it!!!!!!

Both of you guys have awesome goals. I'm so excited!!!

9/22/17 - 101 Days until New Years!

Weight this morning: 284.2

I went a little over my calories yesterday and ate a lot of salty bad for me foods, I was hungry all day though so I'm proud of myself for not completely going of course, I was only about 150 calories over. So... hopefully it's just water weight? I usually do my "official" weigh in for the week on Saturday morning.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:11 AM   #4  

makebelieve Thank you! I saw something on this website, I cant remember who to give credit to, but she said "in one year from now you will be glad that you started today". I can't tell you how true that is and how inspiring that is for me. It doesn't matter if we have a bad day or if that day turns into a week. The only thing that matters is that we don't give up. At the end of the year any loss is better than a gain, I have to keep reminding myself of that. I see so many stories from the successful women on here that lost 100 lbs. in one year, and that wont be me, but that is okay!

I am excited too, thank you for starting this thread!!

You did a great job eating a bit more when you felt hungrier, I think that saved you from a binge (assuming you are like me)!! It is not true weight, I think that if you drink extra water you will see that flush itself out within a day or two. Also, my weight varies SO much from day to day, even if I stay perfectly on plan I can have a gain, or if I have a cheat meal I might see a loss. I read that it what you see on the scale on any given day could actually be from what you ate a week or two ago.

How did your weigh in go this morning?

CW: 181.8
GW: 156
Old 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #5  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

What a great idea!

SW: 219.8
CW: 209.3
GW: 190

Goal: Run-walk on the treadmill or outside three days a week by January 1st.

Last edited by tefrey; 10-29-2017 at 11:40 AM.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #6  

kfunk6113 I've heard that phrase before and I've always liked it but after this weekend it's so what I needed to hear! You're right, it's not a race and as long as the scale keeps going down your journey is your own! That's so crazy that what you ate a week or two ago can show up now. I didn't know that.

So on Friday I mentioned I was super hungry all day, I gave in a little.

And, then this weekend, just ugh. I will say I didn't full out binge. But, I was definitely off plan. I didn't log my calories but I'm sure I went over 2000 each day. Saturday I went to visit my mom and other than the 3 slices of really delicious bread my sister brought from the bakery she works at I didn't really eat anything BAD per say.... but I ate a lot of it. Same for yesterday I was at home... and while I mostly made okay-ish choices (mostly because we just stopped buying junk) I overate for sure.

I actually didn't weigh either day. Too scared. But, I'm back at it today!

Next weekend we're going to a fair, one of the biggest in the country and there will definitely be some bad for me fair foods getting eaten. So, my goal for the week is to stick to my calorie limits so that hopefully I can still lose a little this week? There will be a lot of walking that day too... so maybe it will help balance out?

tefrey Hooray! Glad you're joining us!!

9/25/17 - 98 Days until New Years

SW: 284.0
CW: 284.6 ()
GW: 249
Old 09-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #7  

Oh, and I forgot to mention New Years Day is a Monday, and since I didn't end up weighing this weekend I'm just going to make Monday my official weigh in day.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #8  

tefrey welcome!!!

believe It is really an accomplishment that you avoided a binge, so if you were extra hungry, then you did a good job by feeding it! I do get super impatient even though logically I know it is not a race. I just think that when my year is over on Nov. 28th I can say that I am down 72 lbs (that is if I don't lose another pound) and how great of a feeling that will be! I think the most I have ever lost was 45lbs. and more importantly that I will be able to make my current way of eating a lifestyle, so there will be no yo-yoing this time!!

We had our state fair right before labor day and I ended up going off the rails, but within the week I was back to normal. You will be walking a lot so that will definitely help!! If you pound the water, like drink way more than normal that will help flush out any bloating and help with the scale. Also, if you shave a hundred calories or so off of the days leading up and following that should help too!

We are going out to lunch for work tomorrow, so I have to go look at the menu and try to find something that wont set me back. I had really wanted to finish out the month strong!!
Old 09-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #9  

I want to join! I am new here so I don't fully know what I am doing, but I love the idea of this challenge!

SW:322
GW:297

Other Goals:
Get over my anxiety and go to the gym, and then go at least twice a week
Keep a food log every day until 1/1/18
ashertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:19 AM   #10  

Tefrey I love your goal
Quote:
Goal: Run-walk on the treadmill or outside three days a week by January 1st
I have been looking for a used treadmill so that I can do that exact thing. I am hopeful that by January working out is second nature and I will enjoy it!

ashertree
Hi!! I love these challenges, they really keep me going, along with the rest of this website!! Your goals look great! I started this on a Thursday so that is probably the day I will post my weight, but I weigh in every day.

How is it going believe and gemini?

Last edited by kfunk6113; 09-27-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #11  

gemini
Quote:
KFunk - You are doing excellent! Great job on the lower numbers!!! Thanks for checking on me. I hope you found something on the menu that you could eat. I found myself at a place where I was too tired to drive another second so I walked across the street to eat. There was NOTHING on the menu that I could eat. I ended up just eating some almonds I had on hand. I hate it when that happens. I ended up with a gain, too.
Thank you!! I ended up splitting an appetizer and entrée with a friend. She took the leftovers home. We ate around noon and I wasn't hungry so skipped dinner, I actually went down a tiny bit which is shocking, but goes to show it can take a while for things to show up! I am seriously impressed that you ate almonds instead of just giving in and ordering something. That is awesome!!! That is frustrating that the scale went up, but hopefully in the next day or two it will whoosh away!

I love your idea about having Mondays as your weigh in day to see how what we eat on the weekend impacts our weight. I also love the idea of an "off plan" meal once a month. Not too long that you feel deprived, but something to really look forward to! Do you usually limit it to one meal or treat, or do you do it for a full day?

Quote:
I, personally, have been kicking my plan's rear. I've also been exercising like crazy so I look forward to my monthly measuring. My scale is another story. Tis okay though because it is a liar.
That is awesome that you are kicking butt!!! What part of the month do you measure? I need to take mine soon, I am really bad at remembering! I laughed out loud at the part where you said that your scale is a liar

What are you doing for workouts?

My weight loss goes in cycles too, I just have to keep the faith that when the scale isn't budging that it WILL... which is hard for me!!

p.s can you tell my coffee has kicked in this morning??

Last edited by kfunk6113; 09-29-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:27 AM   #12  

gemini I also weigh in every day, actually usually 2 times per day! It sounds like you travel quite a bit, great job committing to your workouts when you are on the road so much!! Arthritis sounds so painful, my hat is off to you that you are able to stay so active!! I am going to be buying a treadmill soon and I am excited about trying to build up my endurance. I also would like to get into lifting weights, I have heard that is such a great workout! Right now I am focusing on the 30 Day Shred and then will probably add in some treadmill workouts as soon as we get it!
Old 10-02-2017, 08:01 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies!!

My weight is holding steady, but I have done really well with the 2 goals I set; no diet beverages and consistently working out. I think today will be day 6 in a row that I get a workout in!!

CW: 181.8
Old 10-04-2017, 07:59 AM   #14  

Just checking in, how is everyone doing?!

CW: 181 (-3)
Old 10-05-2017, 08:05 AM   #15  

gemini oh fun!! I hope that you enjoy your vacation!! Where are you going?

180.6 today, SO close to the 170's!