Old 09-01-2017, 12:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Default 30.6 lbs. till Christmas!

I wanted to start a challenge to see if I can lose 30.6 lbs. for Christmas. That will bring me to -100 lbs. lost. I definitely do the best when I hold myself accountable and post here often.

Anyone is welcome to join in with me!

SW: 186.6
GW: 156
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:27 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm getting pretty close to goal (sure hope I'm there soon!) but I do wish you luck! 100lbs is a wonderful achievement.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #3  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Great idea, kfunk! You've got this.

Congrats on how much you've already lost. That's amazing! I bow to your achievement. And applaud.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 277/252/170

Height: 5'7

I'd like to lose 15 more pounds before the end of the year. So from September 1-December 25 my goal will be 15 pounds. Christmas falls on a Monday, so ill make that my check-in days. I've lost 23.6 pounds so far, and I really need to get my stuff together more and watch what I'm eating. In general, I've found that when I have consistent sleep I'm losing weight more regularly.

September 1: 253.4
September 4:
September 11:
September 18:
September 25:
jrkessle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #5  

eagle Thank you! Wow!! Congrats on being so close to goal, that must feel fantastic!!! You are about .5 of an inch taller than me, and you were 31 lbs. lighter than me to start, my tentative goal is 140. Did you notice significant improvement in your stomach from 190 to your current weight? I already have some puckering and a little bit of lose skin, but my waist is looking nice, its just the pouch below my belly button that is a problem for me

Thank you lunkah!!! You are very sweet to always cheer me on!!

jrkessle Welcome!! Congrats on your loss so far, 23.6 lbs. is GREAT!! I agree, sleep makes a very big difference!! It sounds like your work schedule changes which doesn't make it easy! You've got this!!
cw 186.8 (-.4)
gw 182.2
Old 09-01-2017, 03:53 PM   #6  

kfunk yes my work schedule changes week to week. I work at 4am 3-4 days a week as well. Next week the earliest I'm in is 6am though, so I'm able to "sleep in" more. October 6th-17th I'll also be on vacation, so hoping to lose 5 pounds just during that time as well. My ultimate goal would be to lose a total of 50 pounds this year since starting around March. But I think I'll end up with about ~35 for the year.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:38 AM   #7  

jrkessle man, that would be really difficult. What time do you try to get to bed at? 35 down would be an awesome achievement!!
Old 09-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #8  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfunk6113 View Post
eagle Thank you! Wow!! Congrats on being so close to goal, that must feel fantastic!!! You are about .5 of an inch taller than me, and you were 31 lbs. lighter than me to start, my tentative goal is 140. Did you notice significant improvement in your stomach from 190 to your current weight? I already have some puckering and a little bit of lose skin, but my waist is looking nice, its just the pouch below my belly button that is a problem for me
Thank you. It does feel good, and took me a long time because I really didn't know what I was doing.

I did indeed notice a HUGE difference from 190 to my current weight. My clothing size didn't change at all from 225 to 190. In fact, I don't think I actually got smaller clothing until I hit 169 or so. Then every 10 lbs it seemed like I dropped a full size in clothing or more. I've gone from an 18 (that was tight) to an 8 now. I don't plan on getting any smaller than I am now, but I do want to lose a bit more fat and put on a bit more muscle. That should get me to goal weight.

I do have some loose skin in my belly. Right now it's not obvious when I'm standing, but if I get into plank position I feel like I look like a nursing dog or something because the loose skin just sort of hangs down. But you know what, I'll take it! It's a good reminder to me of how far I've come and what I don't want to go back to!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #9  

kfunk I try to get in bed at 8pm when I have to work at 4am. It also depends on if I'm tired enough to take a nap during the day. Like yesterday I took a 3 hour nap and didn't get to sleep until about 10:30 last night. But this morning was my last open for 8 or 9 days, so I'm hoping to see some weight los progress for the next week and a half.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #10  

eagle I feel better to know that I am not the only one who feels like they don't know what they are doing, but your results speak for themselves!! To go from a size 18 to a size 8 is amazing and helps inspire me!! The smallest size I remember being was a 12. It took me a very long time to go down from size 20 to size 18. Now I am wearing 16 jeans, but they are pretty lose and I can no longer wear them more than one time before they need to be washed again, or they look sloppy. I think the size 14's are too snug though, I hate that!!

I will be VERY happy if my stomach looks normal standing up! I laughed at your nursing dog comment, I totally agree that it is worth it, and would much rather have lose skin then go back to having fat fill it up! It is disappointing that I did so much damage to my body from binge eating and the overall unhealthy food habits. I was looking in the mirror last night and my body is disgusting; I have cellulite all over the fronts of my thighs, my stomach is a mess, I hate my arms, I still cant see my knees (they are super fat!!). I am healthier and losing weight, but my body isn't changing, its just a smaller scale of what I had before. You give me hope that the next 30 lbs. will make a big difference!!

jrkessle That will be nice to have a big stretch off from opening. Your schedule does not look easy at all and I would guess that on the mornings you open, it is extremely difficult not to take a nap! I took a 3 hour nap today and originally wanted to get to bed super early, I might take benedryl to knock me out after the kids are asleep!
Old 09-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

I would love to join in. Like you, I also feel like I do best if I post on here daily.

I weighted in at 106 kgs on August 30. I am to reach 90 kgs by Christmas (and hopefully maintain during holidays). That means I need to lose 16 kgs (35 lb).
I am now on Whole30 program, which is 30 days of super clean eating and one of the rules is to not weight yourself until the program is over. So I won't be logging in my weight, but I would like to pop in regularly to report on my progress. And From October, I plan to weight in once a week, probably on Mondays.

Today was my day 3 on Whole30 and I have done well!

Last edited by Ronja; 09-02-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/176/150

I want to try and re-lose 30 lbs. I gained over the past few years after losing it before!

________
Wendi
https://www.findingthecalminchaos.wordpress.com
Wendiendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #13  

ronja WELCOME!! Congrats on making it through day 3!! I will be following your thread to see how it goes, I have heard great things about that program!! Did you buy a book or was the information available online? Your plan to maintain around the holidays sounds great, I am already a bit worried about all the parties and events in Dec!! I would like to get away from weighing in so often, I do mornings and right before bed, I am a scale addict!! I think it would feel really liberating taking a month off!

wendiendi Hi!! Glad to have you join! Do you have a specific food plan that you are following? What did you do previously to lose 30 lbs?
Old 09-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

kfunk6113 thank you for your warm welcome! I totally get what you mean about weighting in twice a day. To tell you the truth, I had always been the same. I would weight in first thing in the morning and then before going ot bed. I thought it was what worked the best for me. But now that I follow the program, I feel more focused on what I actually eat and definitely more stable mood wise when I don't weight in every day. Because there are always days you gain weight with no reason and then I would feel dissapointed and it always made me want to comfort myself - surprise surprise - with food! So now I do NOT weight in so often, I'm loving it. The question is, will I be able to stay aways from the scales once the program is over? I hope I will...but I will see!

I already dread the holidays season too. I have 5 little kids who love cookies and all the treats that come with Christmas. Come November I think I will make a solid plan for navigating through December...I'm thinking some nice exocit fruits and high quality fish, just to have something special, yet still paleo-friendly! I just have stay focused. I know whenever I start a weightloss effort, I do good for three months or so. Then one or two months are less good and then I fall off the wagon completely. I sure hope it will be different this time around!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #15  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for starting this kfunk! I'm in!
Goal #1 is to get into onederland by Christmas🎄

SW: 220.8
GW: 199

Hello & good luck to everyone here!!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote