Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 309/296/250

Height: 5'7

Cool Just realizing how much weight i put on!!

Hi everyone I'm joining this forum to interact with people who maybe in the same situation as me which is Knowing that they need to lose weight but just cant seem to do it. I recently had a weight loss of 30 lbs after a surgery and was so excited and it slowly crept back on now I am back to the weight is was pre surgery (damn)! i joined weight watchers and for the past 3 weeks cannot get my stuff together. SO after I was told today that I put on 1 lbs i ate away my sorrows with a Wendys dbl burger combo. Of course that made me feel temporarily happy but now I am disappointed with myself again! So I am now at my desk looking at clothes to buy when i know i need to be focused on planning my meals. I need to get out of this rut.
Tennille242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/176/154

Height: 5'6"

Take a deep breath. You can take some steps or even just one step at a time to lose weight. I think starting is the hardest thing to do. We want to overhaul everything at once and set ourselves up to fail. I can't begin to imagine what it's like to be in your situation.

Everyone is different. For me, it was easier to start with exercise and then after a couple months I decided to make small changes to my diet. The incremental nature of everything is making it less daunting, and less discouraging when I stumble.

I hope you stick around and figure out the best strategy for you. <3
quarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I think weight loss is a science, really. And it's very individual. I think you have to determine why you (specifically) have gained weight, and then come up with a sustainable plan that can help you get it back off. Some people use WW. Some just calorie count. Some weigh food. Some use portion containers. Some cut out entire food groups or macros- such as those who eat Whole 30, or the Daniel Diet, or Paleo. Personally I'm more of a Whole 30/Paleo type because I've found that the foods I overeat the most are processed foods and wheat products and alcohol. Cut those, I lose weight or at least don't gain. Consume those, I gain.

So you probably need to sit down and really analyze your current diet and exercise. Then decide on a type of program that will work with your personality. What are things you're willing to give up? What are things you aren't willing to give up? If you absolutely have to have something, then build it into your plan, because if you get to feeling too deprived, you can throw the towel in on the entire program and give up. My one suggestion is whatever changes you make, do them in baby steps so you don't get discouraged. Build your program a little at a time so you have time to adjust to changes and develop good habits.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I do feel for you because I understand. It is so hard to try and then gain. Somehow we have to realize that it really is true if you cut your intake you WILL lose weight though the path may be slow and jagged. I have tried and failed at many approaches and am doing Bright Line Eating right now which is both a sugar and flour free approach with an addictive behavior type focus. The foundation though is the same as some other food addiction groups. But I am only 1 month and 15lbs in so can't really be a disciple and there are many ways to go from point A to point B. I know, like EagleriverDee said, you need to find what will work for you and what will work for the long run....

But be kind to yourself and try to do whatever just one day at a time and don't worry about any more than that. Right now I am on an 8 day run with no weight change but I am currently at a weight where I spent a lot of time in my life. I know the only thing to do is just ride it out and that patience and compliance will eventually pay off. But I can't think about that weeks ahead. I can only think about tonight and tomorrow.

Just one day.....You CAN do this. Every last one of us CAN do this. We just need to figure out how important it is to us and make it happen.

Last edited by grannynancy; 08-23-2017 at 09:08 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 309/296/250

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone. How do you get the scale at the bottom of your responses?
Tennille242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

You have to be on the forum for 20 days and have 20 posts, then there are directions in the FAQ for how to do it. It should be in the intro post when you joined.

Last edited by grannynancy; 08-24-2017 at 09:20 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Tennille242 your taking some big steps in accomplishing your goal. But I agree with the others take baby steps.

Mine has been cutting salt, then sugar, Then bad carb, Then exercise. I am on the last now.

Everyone is different on what will motivate them. Mine was seeing sone if the weightloss from cganging my food. I still eat though. Lol there are alternatives to many of the foods you like. I made egg rolls last week and I ate a ton. But it was how I perpared it that made it healthy.

Looking forward to your journey. Your going to di treat.

Blessings
Davisa
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 269/154

Would recommend to make small changes. All the small changes towards eating healthier and exercising make a big difference.
I would recommend cutting down on processed food (so no soda, chips, candy, fast food anymore). After a while you won't even like the taste of it (takes 30 days when going cold turkey)

There are various channels on youtube explaining how you can make delicious food on a small budget (mostly vegetarian).
Also having from time to time cheat days is ok (let's say once a month). I normally then increase my calorie intake with 500-700. But try to balance it off by exercising more. There is unfortunately no magic pill, at the end it is all about changing your lifestyle.

Normally I eat 2 pieces of fruit a day and 0,5-1 pound of veggies (mostly green veggies) together with whole weat pasta and silver rice. No processed food (including no sweeteners, no white bread, no juices (mostly sugar in it).

As drinks, sparkling water (not flavoured pure) and green tea.
samnl83 is offline   Reply With Quote