South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-21-2017, 07:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekday beach chat 8/21-8/25

I'm on my second cup already....where is everyone???
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #2  

I'm sure I am not the early bird.....I bet Debbie is already off and running!!!!

The contractor finally comes today to give me an estimate. Home Depot does not do bathroom remodels by me. It's really a small project that should take less than a week I hope. Today I do not have much planned other than some errands and an indoor ride as it will be close to 90 today.

Guess I better get moving since I don't want to me the contractors in my jammies
Old 08-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come!

Jennifer, we are going to be warn (for us) today as well. I think I will plan on exercising inside today as well. Hope the remodel estimate comes in at a good price.

Yesterday DH and I ended up spending the afternoon in Lake Placid. There is a great walking path around the lake and some nice stores to browse in. Lunch was OP but I bought some dark chocolate that will need to get hidden so I don't eat it all tonight! I think today we may go looking for blackberries. Since this week is my "vacation" we are going to try to do day trips/activities.

Have a great Monday, chicks!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Just realized I forgot to check in this morning, kinda of busy from the get go. Have several conference calls but I blocked out the time during the eclipse so I can go outside and see it. Lot's of people took the day off but I saw no need for that lol. Still staying op, though scale had a small blip upwards I don't think I drank enough water yesterday and not enough snacks so will try to do better today. Nothing on the agenda for this evening.

Jekel hope your estimate comes in a good price, it was warm and humid even at 6 a.m. when I go for my walk.

Beth enjoy this week, I would have to hide the dark chocolate as well, I avoided buying anything that I shouldn't be eating right now. I am sure DH will soon be going to get some stuff since I also did not buy for him.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello.

Sad news to report here. My mom passed away early this morning. When I got off work yesterday she was very sick. She didn't want to go to the hospital but I convinced her we needed to. She had a massive gallbladder infection and was so weak None of the options were very good so she is at peace now. I'll be back tomorrow
Love you all
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:02 PM   #6  

So sorry to hear, Debbie. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #7  

Debbie so sorry to hear about your mom, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My heart is aching for you today, Debbie. So very sad to hear of your Mother's passing. I know you were very close and caring. Take care of yourself now as you grieve.

Been offline for a bit this week - not PC problems, just Life getting in the way. Yesterday we spent the day at home for a change, washing and waxing the cars and doing some parish visits. We also 'sort of' watched the eclipse from our deck but it sure wasn't spectacular. I think we are too far out of the viewing range. Never mind - we'll catch the next one. I did manage to do some outside plant stuff but the mosquitoes are terrible. I am one of those folk who attracts them and Deep Woods Off doesn't seem to work for me. Bruce, on the other hand never gets bitten.

Today I am hoping to get an appointment for a haircut which is very overdue. I also need to bake and freeze a Bacardi rum cake to take to friend John's annual BBQ extravaganza this Saturday and plan for two dozen deviled eggs for a bon voyage family BBQ on Sunday. The cake, I'll make and freeze but the darned eggs are fiddly and can't be done much ahead. Another busy weekend looms - I need to rest up during the week.

Dogs are hollering - I hope it's because of a cat, not a skunk since a friend took my last bottle of Skunk Off and did not replace it.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:17 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Thank you for all the kind wishes, dear friends! My heart is heavy today but I'm up and just put one foot in front of the other. One step at a time. My brother is arriving tomorrow and the three of us will start to make sense of things. Everything can wait until then. For today, I am just working on some odds and ends. I'm going out right now to survey the yard and pull a few weeds. That always helps.

I've had too much coffee even though it's half decaf. I need to make my smoothie soon.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:09 PM   #10  

Debbie I am so sorry to hear about your mom. May you find some comfort in your wonderful memories. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Ruth looks like another whirlwind week for you.

Pearlrose were you effected by the floods?

Beth hope you are enjoying your week off.

Ok so I really feel confident with the contractor. It is more than what I thought especially when I am supplying the toilet, vanity, light fixture etc. I decided to book them as it is worth it to see the quality of the workmanship. He gave me a "rough estimate" for my kitchen. I will get multiple estimates before I commit. I will need to finance that project. My loan to value ratio is not enough to quality for an HELOC. I am going to try and save as much as I can before the end of the year as to take a chunk out of the bill (or at least pay for some of the essentials)

I did finally decide on a vanity. Who knew there was so much information on toilets!!!! I actually watched YouTube videos last night.

Back to work. Need to get lots done before Friday.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:08 PM   #11  

Good afternoon,

I went into work today so been busy all morning. My lunch break right now so thought I would pop back in. I don't think there is anything on the agenda this evening. I forgot yesterday DD2 had guard practice. The eclipse was wonderful yesterday, was only 99% by my house by still got most of the effects.

Debbie glad your brother is coming in tomorrow.

Jekel no we got some rains but nothing too bad. Glad you found a contractor you liked, you will have to post before and after pictures

Ruth the bugs like me as well but they also get DH even though he sprays bug spray all the time.

Back to work I go.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 08-23-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:15 AM   #12  

Morning, chicks. Today is "get it done" day. I need to leave in a few minutes for an oil change, have a haircut, need to stop at the bank, etc. In between I will do laundry and a little cleaning.

Debbie, you are in my thoughts. Hope you and your brother can get things taken care of. It is SO much easier when you have a sibling you can work with!

Jennifer, we replaced 2 toilets when we did our bathroom floors a few years ago. One of the toilets was cracked when it arrived so they used a different brand that the store had in stock. I cannot believe the difference in performance! Glad you got a good contractor lined up.

Ruth, enjoy your quiet week. My DH always gets bit and stung too!

Pearlrose, glad you were able to watch the eclipse!

Got to run! Happy Wednesday!
Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #13  

Good morning,

It was actually a bit chilly this morning on my walk very nice. Today is lots of conference calls and PT appt but atleast I am working from home. Tonight DD2 has art class and then guard practice.

Debbie thinking of you and your family

Beth sounds like you have a busy day of running around.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Hump Day from sunny downtown Delta!

Wow! We are certainly washed around here with two huge rain storms yesterday. Our road looked like a river with a swift current. At least I didn't need to water the flowerboxes as the storm whipped in under the porch roof and watered everything, including the couch cushions. We are expecting mostly sunshine for the next two weeks so maybe they'll dry out.

Thinking of Debbie today as she deals with her Mother's Celebration and glad she has her brother for support.

Did get the rum cake made, glazed and frozen yesterday and wish I could do the same for the deviled eggs for Sunday but ... I need to figure out when I can do them because Saturday is plugged and it's be pretty tight to get them done, decorated and chilled Sunday after Church and ready to roll by three. We are heading into another foodie weekend with John's BBQ Saturday and the Family one on Sunday. Lunch is scheduled for tomorrow with one of B's musician friends but she is a physician and will serve really healthy food - B. says he is always disappointed when he eats there!

Time to make a shopping list and take off for Town for my haircut. Not an exciting shop at all but maybe I can manage to get enthused about fall clothes or even sewing! I do intend to take a bit of a break from quilting and make up some of my stash of fabrics - like a length of dark green silk I bought years ago and the sari length my sister brought me on her last trip to East Africa.

Enjoy the peak of the week!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

I got some rest last night and have been puttering around. Brother flies in to Denver at 11:15. Sis and I went to Boulder and Denver yesterday. Did a little shopping, had some lunch and went to the garden center. Bought some plants of course. I've got the laundry in and get some general pick up. Have to run the carpet cleaner in the bedroom because I slept so long that both puppies Peed. Oh well. One of our tenants stopped by this morning. She brought me a jar of concentrated coffee for iced coffee. That was nice. And we had a nice visit. She has elderly parents still living in Idaho so certainly understands. Just really grateful my sister and I were both here.

I got some apple boxes yesterday. Today I will begin the process of bringing all the company financia records over here. There is an entire office in my moms basement with file cabinets full of mining claim information. Far too many and far too complex to even think about moving right now. Also a map room which contains all the maps to the claims. Those will stay in the basement for now. The company will pay my sister rent for office space which will help her in the transition.

I'm going to keep moving. One foot in front of the next. Thanks for all of your kind thoughts. Life moves forward.

My good news is I'm being very careful with food. Many good choices. Grateful for that because that keeps me feeling the best I can be.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-23-2017 at 09:56 AM.