Old 03-04-2004, 05:52 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #57

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #57

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:54 AM   #2  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday so do something extra special just for you today!

WELCOME BACK CAT!

Later girls!

Faye
Old 03-04-2004, 07:55 AM   #3  

Good morning lovelies!

Welcome back Cat. Hope you had a great time.

Yesterday was a weird day. I got 4 points,though I never did make up the morning workout I missed. Just counted dance class as my exercise. I went out to our local "good" thrift store and picked up some new clothes for the kids. They're all outgrowing faster than I can pay for regular priced clothes! Then I decided to "stock up" on a couple of pairs of 14 jeans. It's the next size down for me. I'm already in one pair of 14s, but I think they are just cut larger than most. I also got brave and picked up some 14, and even a size 12 pair of shorts! (It was sunny and 45.....I had major spring fever!) When I got home, I could pull on the 14's (one pair I could even button). The 12s are a distant dream right now....but you can't really wear shorts up here until the middle of June, so I think I'm on track to wear them.

So, I was feeling pretty good about all that. Then I went to pick up the kids from school, and I ripped the door handle off! The inside door handle just broke off in my hand. Now, 40 pounds ago I would have been stuck in the van for hours. But yesterday I just hopped in the backseat and let myself out. I couldn't believe how quickly and easily I managed it. Now getting back in was a little tougher, but I could still pull it off without too much embarrassment. SO, it's the little things that really make you appreciate losing weight

Anyhoo......already got my weight workout in today and I gotta sew sew sew. It's sunny again, though, so I might go for a walk when I need a break this afternoon. I never feel like I've really "worked out" when I lift. I mean, my muscles hurt and are pushed to their limits...but it's not the same feeling as a sweaty, heartpounding cardio session. Know what I mean?

Faye, Congrats on getting a new swim suit. It won't be long before you're back to your 1 hour in the pool every day. And you'll need that new suit. I'm still hoping I can pull off a 2 piece this summer. I hear summer's supposed to be on a weekend this year!

Everyone have a spectacular day! Talk to you later.....gotta go crawl into the van and get the kids to school.

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:27 AM   #4  
It is what it is...

Morning All

I had a 3 point day yesterday, it was raining here and I couldnt get out to walk, my dh said we should just go anyway but I did not not want to be uncomfortable...so maybe today, however it is supposed to rain all day again, and Friday... I may have to just pop in the WATP dvd....

Faye - I finally found it near the deli section...where the meats and cheeses were, it was near your finer cheeses however it was on top, like on a shelf, not refridgerated...when I talk to others that is where they find it too, you might just ask someone in the deli if they carry it or not....it comes in three flavors - original swiss ( and the lite which I bought ), french onion, and garlic herb I believe...I have only been able to find the original swiss lite, but I would really like to try the other flavors...good luck!
Congrats on the bathing suit ... it is so funny to me that you and I have such different weights and wear similar sizes...my bathing suit is a 20...

Cat - welcome back!!!

Julie - Enjoy your spring like weather, I would be if it werent for all this rain

Amanda, Susan, Joy, and everyone else... have a good day...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:37 AM   #5  

Carri: Thank goodness it stretches! Like I said, it is a little more snug then I would like around the legs and arm holes, but it fits fine. I carry most of my weight in my behind and that is where I have trouble fitting me for anything. Thanks again for all the "cheese" info I am sure going to look for it.

Here is my suit, as the rednecks down here say, "Ain't it purty?"

Wish me luck at the eye doctor. I am going to throw the biggest hissy fit if they don't have my insurance straightened out because we called the insurance and they say I am on the policy.

Did 25 on the treadmill at 6% incline, which is kicking butt for me. I am trying to firm up my tush and legs and right now don't want to spend the money on a personal trainer to teach me a routine and how to use the machines etc. I am going to do that when I get back from vacation. I let my dd talk me into a Cystic Fibrosis walk the end of May and it is TEN miles! There is no way on this earth I can do 10 miles, but I am going to shoot for 5 which is 2 more than last October. I am going to start training on a treadmill but not until we get back because right now I am trying hard to burn calories and firm up some.

Well, need to go get ready!

I will check in and do points when some more ladies have posted.

Faye
Old 03-04-2004, 10:42 AM   #6  

Thumbs down

ANOHTER 4 POINT DAY..AND IT FEELS GREAT...FAYE,I love the bathing suit...another incentitive to work for....yesterday i went to Walmart and bought some rosebushes ,pansies,violas,and stawberry plants..I love gardening so much and it has been absolutely beautiful here,sunny and around 80 ,even today...I got most of it planted,and I will finish up today...also bought a new grill,we already had a gas grill,but I love to grill with charcoal,so I bought one...in fact we are grilling out this afternoon...it was so nice out yesterday ,we ate dinner outside..in fact we did not come in until 8 lastnight...which usually the kids are bathed and getting ready for bed...but lastnight was a little later,but we really enjoyed it... ....earlier this morning I went through the house and cleaned...then threw in some wash and hung out on the line,so this afternoon I can devote to being outside....well,ladies have a super motivated day...will check back later and i just want to say you are the most wonderful bunch of friends anyone could find or have ...I love all of you ...thank you for being here.....till later....take care ...Joy
jloo1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:58 AM   #7  

Good Morning
I just got up...having only gotten to bed at 2:30 last night. I have a paper due at 11 today (its 8:45 now) which I'm still not quite done with....such is the life of a procrastinating college student.
I get 2 points for yesterday. Once again I was off plan, this time there is no question about it...I was way off....but I usually am on wednesdays. A friend and I made dinner for people at the campus Newman Center. It was a vegtable stir fry. Very colorful. Obviously it wasn't that that threw me off...but when we were shopping we were both very hungry and we were in a store that has a wide bulk food section and my friend suggested trail mix and it snowballed from there...so I decided to just take a day not worrying about food.
Go Joy! fabulous work
Faye - cute suit
Carri - I know all too well about the rain....Spring here in the Willamette Valley seems to be - just enough nice days in a row to make you think you are out of winter...then 2 weeks of grey and drizzle
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:40 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the welcome back

Julie, gosh you must be strong pulling door handles off

Faye, i like your new Av much better than the old one have you been to Vegas yet or has that still to come? I love that place so much

I'm a bad cat i've still to unpack but i have'nt because i won't stop coming online

Think i'll pop down to Georgia to see Joy 80* how lovely. Its nice and sunny here but nowhere near that temperature. I love spring and can't wait for the flowers to come out.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:12 PM   #9  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie
Joy
Carri
Susan
Faye

Well, I now have eyeballs I can see out of again! I sat for 2 hours though and the doctor part took about 15 minutes. I have a new type of contact that is silicone so I should be able to wear them overnight and they not come out. That is the problem I had before, I would find them on my pillow in the morning! They only cost $3 a box more than the regular extended wear. I still have to carry around my reading glasses though, but that is ok.

Cat: We leave for Las Vegas on April 2 and come home on the 11th. We can absolutely not wait!

I better get going so I can eat lunch before I have to go and get Jack.

Faye
Old 03-04-2004, 06:35 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi folks!

i managed 2 points yesterday. We are both really stressed out at the moment, but I'm pleased that I've managed to stay on plan for the last 2 days.

I still haven't managed to get to the gym - I just feel so low in energy. I'm not sleeping too well either - I keep waking up suddenly and then can't get back to sleep - so I get up, but then I am tired all day and have no energy to get to the gym. I did manage to take a little walk today, which is better than nothing.

I'm just trying to go easy on myself - I'm happy that I've managed to steer myself back on plan after 7 days of overeating.

Faye - nice suit! Well done on your 6% incline on the treadmill - that will certainly work your legs and butt!

Julie - loved your car story! That certainly is a non scale victory!

Cat - Welcome back - how was the UK for you?

Susan - hope you got your paper done on time!

Carri - I think laughing cow is from the UK - but as far as I know we only have it in the plain flavour. those other flavours sound nice!

take care!

Amanda xxx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening ladies!!!!!!!!

Talk about missing a few days and missing alot. Things here have been busy as always. I finally got my hone gym here, spent yesterday evening cleaning it. I have a thing about cleaning anything that I am given or buy off of anyone. Then today was a busy busy day! Was wanting to get to use the gym today but my mother is under the weather and I have spent time today doing things for her and this evening I promised Corey that I would rent a dvd and we would watch it together. After that and getting him in bed it was time for one of the few shows that I indulged in. Now it is late and I am going to end this day with some relaxation time just for me. Just wanted to check in before I have me time tonight.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 03:40 AM   #12  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. How are you doing?

Good early morning ladies. I woke to go to the bathroom and my right contact is missing so we searched everywhere and can't find it so I guess I will be going back to the eye dr today to make sure it hasn't rolled back in my eye. I thought I was going to be able to wear these overnight as they are a new silicone type (cost more too of course) and I guess maybe not. The whole years supply has probably been ordered so I am sunk money wise but they can be worn like daily lenses if I have too. They were doing fine as I got up early to go to the bathroom, but.....

Amanda: You get a for points

I will check in later in the morning and see what is going on.

Sandy G Congrats on your home gym. Hope you enjoy it!

Faye
Old 03-05-2004, 07:21 AM   #13  

Wink

Good morning Ladies....another 4 points for yesterday ...we worked in the yard,and I helped Leonard [my hubby]assemble our new storage shed...we did,nt finish it ,so we are gonna work on it this morning...we stayed out ill 9 lastnight trying to get all of it done..I did manage to get the kids in to take a bath and get ready for bed.so I came in while leonard got his light together so he could see to work on it some more,then after the kids went to bed and I had tucked them in,and they had no promblem falling asleep with all the fresh air...I went back out and helped leo for awhile...I HAD NO PROMBLEM FALLING ASLEEP...believe it or not I barely even thought to eat....Faye ,it sounds like you are gonna be in Vegas while we are gonna be in Tennesee...we leave the second and come back the 11th...I know how you feel ,EXCITED AND CANNOT WAIT ...WELL,ANOTHER DAY CLOSER TO THOSE BLACK JEANS...well,I am off to help hubby....will post later...all take care today...love all of you...Joy
jloo1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:05 AM   #14  
It is what it is...

Morning All

Hope you all are doing well, I however am not...last night right before bedtime I got real sick to my stomach, I went straight to bed thinking that I could just sleep it away...well I really didnt sleep that much and this morning it is worse, and of course I had to come to work anyway, which sucks...now I am shaky , stomach cramps, and totally naseaus ( spelling? ) ....we will see what the morning brings, it is worrisome...

BUT I was down another 1.5 pounds this morning so I was happy about that, in my current state I do not care to see food ever again though

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise...check in later if I feel up to it, have a gfreat weekend!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 08:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Gosh, everyone is going places near the first of April. I hope that everyone enjoys their trips. I am planning to take a day trip. My best friend and I are going to take our kids to the Louisville Science Center to see teh grossology exhibt. It sounds like it will be interesting and somthing that 2 boys will love. You get to explore the inside of your nose and side to a model of the digestive tract. There is more to it and I believe an IMAX film as well. It will be a good trip, plus it is educatinal. To me you can't beat that! Last night I got in my big ole garden tub and soak. Fell asleep for a few mins. But hey it was ssssssssooooooooooo great! Right now I am getting ready to go and workout for a little while. Then it will be some rest for me as tomorrow starts my busy weekend. Joy, I would have loved to have been outside yesterday. I have lots of flower beds that needs to be cleaned out but was so busy with doing things for my mother yesterday that I didn't get to even think about it. I am glad that I didn't have time to do it yesterday now that I have found out that we are under a flood watch until Sat. It would have killed my soul to have cleaned them all up and then have to wait to do anything else to them. I am the type that when I start something I have to finish it. That is why I try to clean out the flower beds and plant then all at the same time. Lots of work but that is just the way that I am. I have thought about getting out in the yard and cleaning it up but haven't even thought about it as the winds are awful. I have a yard that has trash in it. Trash is from the people that live on a hill behind me and the road as well. My house is about 200 feet from the highway. Makes for lots of noise and trash in the yard. The people that live behind me will not pay to have their trash picked up so it sits outside until someone hauls it away for them. It was hauled off sometime this week that is when I noticed the smell gone and the trash in the yard, a bag must have broken and with the high winds that we have had this week the trash just flew to my yard. Ok I have rambled on long enough. Gonna get and get in a workout. Catch everyone in a little while.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote