Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 09:16 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Entenmann's Low Carb Goodies

Yesterday I ran into the grocery store to buy some cream for my coffee and I noticed a new section for LC products.

Entenmanns now has a line of low carb goodies. I picked up a box of cookies to read the carb count and it was (chocolate chip) 9 gms of carbs for 3 cookies. You might say WOW thats good but I kid you not, the cookies were TEEEEEEEENIE TINY !!! Itty bitty things.

I can see me easily popping 1/2 that bite size box in my mouth at once. Its nice if you CAN handle such treats but for me, its DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!

JMHO

They had brownies, cakes and all sorts of lc stuff....drool, but I'll pass. If I'm gonna eat stuff like that, its gonna be there real thing LOLOLOL hehehe.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:43 PM   #2  
The Princess O' Pets

I will totally stay away, after my run in with the z-carb bars (too good to be true when you want to eat like 4-5 a day) and the LC bread that i wanna eat all day long. I learned my lesson, teeny tiny little cookies I know I could eat 2-3 boxes!! LOL
Old 03-04-2004, 01:58 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

Thanks for the heads up
Old 03-04-2004, 03:33 PM   #4  
Domestic Goddess

Sometimes the faux food can get you in trouble. I also spotted the Entenmanns the other day while shopping. One of our local grocery stores is putting up shelf tags on items they THINK are low carb. I gave a little snicker at the "low carb milk" I truely do wish that milk was low carb its by far one of my favorites. Hey, I got it, Low Carb Milk and Entennmans....now that sounds like a wiener...oh, I mean WINNER!!!! LOL!!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:06 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

You can pop those babies right in your mouth so easily. I just shook my head and didn't even bother reading the rest of them. No doubt if I had that in my house it would be gone in 1 hr... okay 15 minutes.

If I want cookies I'll get the real thing and probably do less harm.

Chrissy stop giving us idea's LOLOL just joshin silly.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:12 PM   #6  
Domestic Goddess

Leenie...you can do it in 15 minutes and I bet I can do it in 10 while driving my van...chugging the gallon of low carb milk and talking on my cell phone!!

LOL!!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I believe you When I would go to my mom's house often she would give me food to take home, well the pig that I am, I couldn't wait, so I would eat meatballs while driving 70 mph on my way home (yes meat balls w/sauce). AND I didn't spill any

Haaaaaaaaaaaa !!
Old 03-04-2004, 04:27 PM   #8  
Domestic Goddess

I use to get a few donuts okay, okay, it was more like 4 donuts and scarf them down with chocolate milk while driving...get rid of the evidence...a.k.a milk carton and donut bag before getting home.

I've done alot of secreat eating in my 36 years of life!!!! These are the true confessions of a carb addict....they are not for the weak of heart!! LOL!!

It's so nice to be posting again. I forgot how much I enjoyed this. <<<<HUGS>>>>>
Old 03-05-2004, 09:27 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I enjoy telling war stories too, its like going to confession without leaving the house
Old 03-05-2004, 09:41 AM   #10  

I did buy the poundcake last week. 9 carbs. OUCH. I had one slice. Have not touched it since. I don't particularly enjoy that maltitol syrup taste, and that's the second ingredient listed. I am more proud of myself for only having the one slice than I am for resisting buying the darn thing.

Now. The brownies. Those I'll stay faaaaaaaaaaaar away from.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

I stayed awy from the LC milk too, I could drink that 1/2 gallon in a matter of seconds!!! LOL
Old 03-05-2004, 04:51 PM   #12  

Theo'sgirl: I have been doing the chocolate soy milk...LOVE IT. It is only 1 gram for 8oz. Try that if you really like milk. The regular low carb milks are too high still for me too.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:08 PM   #13  
Domestic Goddess

The milk that I was talking about is regular cows milk. That store has everything marker Low Carb even if it isn't.They are trying to sponge off the low carbers. I don't think that 11g. of carb is really worth 1 cup of milk. Plus it has 11g. of sugar....not a good idea for me. I'm a big milk drinker and 1 cup of milk is a joke!!

I am however interested in the soy milk that someone mentioned. I think I'll check that out at the grocery store. I think milk is one of the biggest things I miss while on Atkins.

I find myself seldom satisfied with the tastes of the faux foods. The only thing that I can really endorse as far as taste goes is the Ashers chocolate bars. They are VERY GOOD!! For me if I were to buy the cookies or pound cake I would expect it to taste like the full carb...loaded with sugar goodies that I use to eat. No can do! And, unfortunately, I might eat it all even if it really didn't taste all that good....odd I know but it's the truth!!
Old 03-05-2004, 08:44 PM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

Jane I love soy moo, what brand is it? I can't seem to find one around here low enough. I know Star was drinking sugar free soy moo and it was low too, is yours sugar free? I would prefer finding a non-sugar free that low.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:44 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Chrissy, those Asher bars are YUMMY, I try to get the ones that are 140 calories and below, some are as high as 240.

I had the mousse one and tonight I tried the liquid dark chocolate raspberry OH YUM. They can be addicting and gasy lol.
Closed Thread