South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-19-2017, 06:01 PM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Week of June 19-23

Hello!

I will get it started for the week. Home from work now sitting outside with doggies drinking iced coffee. It's 80 degrees and windy. I'm taking a break then I will head down to the hospital. Mom is doing OK. They are keeping her until they are sure she's not going to get pneumonia. Probably until Wednesday and Thursday. She is determined not to go to a rehab. She's coming straight home. I believe her. LOL Hi sister stopped into the restaurant for a quick bite to eat just as we were closing. She worked at my moms house all day. She said they took out the epidural for pain. We shall see how it goes from here

I took my smoothie and oatmeal to work today. I will take some treats for snacking on the way down. I think my sister and I will go out to dinner before coming home.

See you all tomorrow!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Wow, Debbie, you look lonely in here! Thanks for getting us started and it's good to hear Mom is making progress. Glad you and your sister can help each other out with all the stress and juggling that comes with aging parents.

Today was another busy day at school as I wrap up grades and report cards and start in with planning for next year. For those of you who asked, I have to work until Thursday.

We had a nice visit with DS1 this weekend but I am afraid I ate like a 25 yo man! lol Lots of water today and trying to stay OP although I am going to indulge in a few strawberries for a snack this evening. We have the first local berries of the season and they are in a different world from the cardboard ones in the store all winter!

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-19-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:20 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

We checked in to the conference hotel this afternoon and then drove for a bit to go see the redwood forest, so beautiful. I have not been eating good, will do better starting tomorrow, conference food always has op foods so will stick to them. Yesterday we explored San Francisco it was very busy since it was Father's Day and it was hot not expecting that.

Debbie glad to hear that mom is hanging in there and glad your sis is helping out

Beth Thursday will be here before you know it.

Have a great evening,
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:05 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Tuesday, Chickies.

Debbie, sounds like you got your strength and toughness from your Mother. She sounds like a determined lady and will be home soon. I'm glad your sister is helping you both through this.

Pearlrose, so good your conference is allowing for real food - people are finally smartening up. (I've never been to California and would love to see SF and the rainforests. Bruce and I have it on our bucket list.)

Waving at Beth across the St Lawrence as school finishes. (Ours go until the 29th and there will be a loud "Yahoo!" floating across the River. Then I need to dash around the Township gathering schoolwork entries for the Fair. The poor EAs are stuck there for a few more days.)

Not sure what today will bring - except some t-storms. Bruce is taking my car to town with a load of his stuff for the thrift shops so I will be forced to stay home and tackle house tasks. That's a good thing! (By the way, just so you'll know, I'll post a picture of this guy and I after he finished the %$##^& wedding service. Note the beer on the table and that he ripped off his clerical collar before we started the toasts!)

Have a great Tuesday!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:13 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

A flyby hello as I am finishing my last cup of coffee before work. I believe it's pretty official mom comes home today. My sister Will bring her. As I was getting dressed I remembered I had scheduled a massage at 2:45. That would be heaven!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

A quick stop in during lunch.

Debbie will your sis be able to stay overnight with your mom? Glad you have her help.

Pearlrose sound like you have nice scenery for the conference and healthy options too!

Beth I bet you are just excited as the kids for Thursday.

Ruth glad you have some time home.

I am toying with the idea of going vegetarian for a month and see how I feel. I need to do more homework on this and it wont happen until after my trip. I'll keep you posted. The golf outing went well although next year I am going to bring my bike and go for a ride while they play lol. It was a meat eating carb festival followed by a sugar addicts dream with the desserts they had. So guess who is really eating clean for the next few days lol.

Hope everyone is enjoying this gorgeous day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #7  

Evening, chicks!

We had off and on thunderstorms all day so no walk outside today. Came home and did a tape instead. Tomorrow will be cool and rainy too. This summer is starting out the opposite of last year!

Jennifer, I don't think I could do vegetarian; I like meat too much. Sounds like many of us are trying to clean up our acts after a little indulgence. But that's what it's all about: finding the balance for the long haul.

Ruth, glad you were able to convince Bruce to pare down a bit. Hope you had a productive day.

Pearlrose, it's nice to have conference food that is OP since it isn't always the case. Maybe more people are vegetarian/gluten free etc so healthy eating is more common? I have never been to Cali and would love to go sometime.

Debbie, I bet the massage was well-appreciated.

Have a good evening!
Old 06-21-2017, 07:22 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Quickie this a.m. after a late night celebrating the end of my term as a Mill Director. (I'll still be involved as a volunteer though.) Was given a gorgeous bouquet of pink lilies and cream roses and yet another volunteer certificate and pin.)

Right now I'm waiting to be picked up by Bruce to go to Kingston for breakfast and some "special" shopping - not sure what that is but suspect it has to do with earrings. We should be home early afternoon, I hope. since we have an annual restaurant visit this evening with a group from the Church. Whew! B. just called to say breakfast and Kingston will be another time as he is finally realizing I'm overbooked. I may take a quick run into town to get some started plants for my raised bed and more herbs for the deck planters. On the other hand I really need to meet with my events coordinator re table layout and rental dishes etc. for the wedding. Next time I get married, I'll elope!

Gotta dash. Need to get a healthy breakfast that will hold me until suppertime. I think I'm holding the line weightwise but the darn scale is not working so ...
Old 06-21-2017, 08:01 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

Congratulations, Ruth, for such dedication to the Mill as their director for so many years! Stepping down was a big decision but nice to just be a "volunteer".

My mom is doing great. She has a power lift chair in the living room which she sleeps in so getting up and down (which is the difficult part) is easy. My sis was there last night but needs to go over the hill for medical appointments. I'm a block away and thing mom will do fine.

I got some rest last night and needed to do some serious picking up around the house. My office is back to normal and clothes are in the wash. Now I'm going to go outside and do some decluttering and who knows what else. I'll head to Denver for my noon meeting and lunch with friends then try some relaxing with the pups.

Rose, glad you are getting some fun stuff in on your trip!

Beth, I'd take some thunderstorms right now. Last night we had about 4 drops of rain.

Jennifer, I switch over to vegetarian occasionally and still keep my energy. It just takes a bit more planning.

OK, have a great day everyone! I'm heading outside!
Old 06-21-2017, 08:04 PM   #10  

Evening everyone. Not much news here. More t-storms. Another day of meetings and end-of-year stuff. A colleague and I were in charge of today's staff luncheon; we did deli platters of meat, cheese, veggies and fruit salad with healthy bread options. I wanted some things i could eat but I hardly got a chance to sit down! Oh well, easier to stay OP that way. lol

Ruth, congrats on letting go of your director job; I am sure you are appreciated and will be missed. And kudos to Bruce for re-scheduling the shopping trip!

Debbie, glad Mom is doing ok.

Hope everyone had a good solstice!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:08 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from Well Washed Delta! We had several downpours overnight and my world is dripping wet. My gorgeous peonies are flat on the ground so first outside job today is to fluff them up and wash them with a gentle spray. There's always something!

Pressure is mounting for the wedding stuff and I'm actually getting a tad tense. So glad we cancelled part of yesterday's plans. That gives me relatively "free" day today which will be even better because B has a dental appointment this morning and violin/fiddle jamming this afternoon. I do have to take a bit of a trek to the edge of the Township to deliver some schoolwork tags for Fair entries but will be able to work in a stop at a garden centre while I'm out.

Weight is still holding steady - had hoped to lose by now but there are way too many food events. I may have to make a major lifestyle change and have "dinner" at noon. "Lunch" does not exist out here.

Have a thought-out Thursday.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:03 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

I am ready to try, yet again, to get some work done in my own yard. Just after posting yesterday my sister showed up. She was trying to get timers set up at my moms yard before she left for her medical appointments this coming week. I had done a little research on my moms 4 outlet timer so I offered to come over and help. By the time we got everything set up it was almost time for me to get ready for my trip to Denver. Had a nice visit with friends but a round-trip and lunch took five hours. I didn't do much after I got home it was too hot. Went to bed early.

Ruth, I hope your peonies perk up. We could sure use some rain here. Rain predicted later this afternoon but it usually does not pan out.

OK. The doggies are staring at me. They want breakfast. Hope you have a great day everyone!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #13  

Debbie glad to hear your mom is doing well.

Ruth glad you are "just" a volunteer at the mill. When is your wedding?

Beth hope you got a gorgeous day today...we did, but it won't last

Nothing new or exciting here. I am happy to. Have a long weekend off (Friday until Tuesday). Friday I am getting my hair cut /colored then we have the concert at night (thunderstorms predicted ugh as it is outside), Saturday I have to pick up the graduation cake at the bakery and head to Joe's parents for the party, Sunday is the Yankee game and Monday which I thought had nothing planned is the dentist!

Tomorrow I wil be glued to my cell phone as I will receive notifation if my son is graduating on time. The spent three days in the rain in the woods conducting field training exercises followed up by a 16K march. I'm sure he must be exhausted! Hoping any praying he passed his PT test.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #14  

We had a lovely day today; sunny, light breeze, not too hot. DH and I took a walk when I got home from work. Still staying (mostly) OP and the weekend water weight is leaving.

Ruth, hope you had a calm day today.

Debbie, it's nice you could help fix the timer but too bad you didn't have time for your own projects.

Jennifer, thinking of you as you wait to hear about DS! Enjoy the days off.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:20 AM   #15  

Good morning

Beth it seems to take the work week to get the water weight gone lol. I am going to try and keep mine off this weekend. Thank you for thinking of me. Last night was extremely tough. Sometimes I love Facebook and other times I hate it lol. Several loved ones from his platoon posted they got their call saying their soldier was graduating. Guess who didn't get a call. I hope and pray he got his last chance to pass this morning and made it. But the realist in me is feeling very deflated. My son (like his mom) is not athletic and struggles to achieve anything when it comes to physical fitness. Sometimes your mind and heart are willing but the body just doesn't cooperate. I haven't said anything to my mom or friends who have been asking about DS. I did call his dad last night (he didn't hear anything either). I did talk with my friend Meredith last night as we are going to the concert tonight. She did her best to try and make me see there is a reason for everything and if he is held back it will only make him stronger. I'm trying to keep it together but the mom in me just "knows" something is wrong. My DS could really use a win in his book. On a positive note since I did not do any grocery shopping there is nothing here for me to binge eat lol. The cabinets and fridge look dismal.

Last edited by jekel383; 06-23-2017 at 07:21 AM.