Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #1  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Default Get Back to Where You Once Belonged: Maintainers Losing Their Regain

It's Wednesday morning, and after hydrating all day long yesterday due to weather in the high 90s and the stress of working on a project plan on deadline, I saw 158.2 between my toes on the bathroom scale this morning.

This is an increase, so I'm hearing the Beatles song in my head, because JayEll quoted it in the last thread and suggested we use it for our new weigh-in discussion.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #2  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I'm in, again. I have been in the two days on plan, and about a week off for months now. I lose a pound or two and then go right back up to the setpoint I've been fighting for 20 years - 160-163. I can't make peace with this combo of conditioning and scale number. If I were in killer shape, I really wouldn't care about the number. Rushing off to the 'burbs for some appointments at the moment, but I will commit to coming back later today with some new, workable pledges for improvement.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Great title for the thread. Trying to get past the name of the album ...

'killer shape' - yes, Becky. I know. I do like the way my hips move at present though. Let's hear it for mobile hips!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #4  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Yeah, I think "let it be" is a great motto for me to adopt in many ways... but not for weight/fitness.

Day 10 - tiny amount of sugar has slipped in, but overall I have no desire to "cheat" (boy do I hate that word in this context). I crave savory food and for me that's a good sign.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Started lifting again on Monday afternoon. That evening, my legs were terribly wobbly and I've been stiff ever since. That just goes to show how out of shape I am. I'll lift again this afternoon and probably end on the treadmill for a little bit.

We went out to happy hour with friends last night. I certainly didn't overeat but did imbibe in wine. Not too much, mind you, as I had to drive home.

This morning, I'm back to my cherries, blueberries and a hardboiled egg for breakfast. Salad for lunch. Dinner is probably chicken or turkey with a vegetable.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

Thursday morning, with cool weather arriving in the night.

I'm at 158.1, and feeling hopeful. Just 20 minutes before I talk with a person who'd be my manager if I took a new job in another department here. I'm excited more than I'm nervous.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Love the new thread title!
My dd is home which is always challenging for me food and exercise wise.
I'm off to walk the dogs to get some activity in before we head out for shopping and what not.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #8  

Monday I lifted, Tuesday I rested, Wednesday I was sore! I lifted and did cardio Wednesday and continued to be sore throughout the evening, but this morning I'm not sore at all. Today I'll do my lifting and then the cardio, rest tomorrow and do it again Saturday. I hope this helps. I still can't seem to lose the weight from my cruise and I have another trip coming up on the 4th of July. While I don't care what I'll look like on this trip, my ultimate goal is to lose 20-30 pounds by February.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Allison, do you life on alternate days? Or do you do it daily and alternate muscle groups? I have a weight station that I use as I seem to lose control with free weights. I try to use it twice a week.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #10  

Carol, I plan on lifting daily once I break back into it. I was doing it daily last summerfall and could actually see a difference after a while. I only have dumbbells and a large yoga ball that I use as a "bench". I have a set of exercises that I run through with three reps of 12 lifts which I alternate between arms and legs. For example, shoulder press x 12, lunge x 12, shoulder press x 12, lunge x 12, etc.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:18 PM   #11  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I also love the thread title ...

Areas I need to improve are simple - sleep, water, movement. I do well with food when those 3 are in line. So I'm going to go back to the basics that served me well: 1) Lose the electronics at 8pm/ bed by 10pm. 2) My favorite water glass holds 22 oz. I'll start with 4 of those a day, including 1 first thing in the morning before coffee. 3) Found a nice series of 8 morning wake-up stretches/lstrengtheners geared toward folks who sit too much. One is the plank; I'm going to combine that with the 30-day plank challenge. Most importantly I'm going to start journaling again, to replace the time I used to spend on my iPad in the evening after dinner and sometimes til nearly midnight.

Ultimate goals - lower body fat, more muscle, more flexibility. I need to attach some metrics to this, as measurable goals are important. Probably going to add a swimming endurance measurement as well for the summer - I REALLY want to be ready to compete in my new age group this fall!

Good luck today, Saef!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #12  
Workin' It

Love the thread title.

I'm not in the best place right now emotionally, I'll be honest. I'm not doing well with stress management. Lots of medical issues and uncertainty around me, lots of tension, not a lot of self control when it comes to diet and exercise. I'm working on it. I don't feel like I'm doing a great job with it, but I'm trying.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:59 AM   #13  
Girl Gone Strong

Friday morning, looking at 156.8, having eaten lentils for lunch and lentils for supper.

Hard to tell how my interview went yesterday: A reserved, petite French woman interviewing me over a WebEx video setup and me, Americanly selling myself, enthusiastic and expressive.

Also, a presentation I'd been working on with a colleague came back yesterday with her feedback all over it, advising we pull it apart and rework it. We were "getting ahead of ourselves." She will be the one reviewing my rework, so of course, it's a test and I am accordingly anxious about getting it right.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Don't know what I weigh right now but I'm eating a lot of sugar lately to try to make up for lost sleep. That's the short version.

I feel "spongy" so have probably put on some weight.

Exercise is never a problem for me - quite the opposite. I never have a "day off" from it.

Sleep has to be addressed first. Coming off a long, long session of too much caffeine to get through the day and then drugs at night to bring me down enough to try to sleep.

My doctor now put a limitation on the drugs so I stopped taking them altogether and am going through a small withdrawal period. Hope it ends before my next dog sit at the end of the month - the 7 pet household where nothing works properly - as I'm tired, distracted, and really quite crabby.

Dagmar
Mudpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #15  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Shannon, hang in there. Anything you can do to give yourself some relief from anxiety, a bit of breathing space, etc. is worth doing. Are there any boundaries or priorities that can be re-set in your life?

I've gotten into the sugar a bit too the past couple of nights. I think mine is also fatigue related. I was so sick last week yet couldn't take a day off work, and haven't been able to catch up on the nights of sleep lost. It makes me vulnerable to temptation. Plus the coughing is still somewhat bad so the sleep I do get is patchy.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote