Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #1  

Default Tired of doing this alone

Hi. I am currently starting yet again to lose weight. I started on Tuesday with the help of a friend. She lost around 50lbs and is now helping me with the exercise part of the weight loss. But the part she can't help me with is the food. I know how to lose weight and what I should eat but when it comes to those late nights or hunger pains set in I lose control. I need someone who understands that it's not always just about self control.
Jcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/184/160

Height: 5'6"

You mention late nights and hunger pains. I've found that if I'm not getting enough sleep or staying up super late I get the munchies so going to bed at a reasonable time stopped that part. As for hunger pains, I don't believe you should be ignoring your body's signal for food if it's legitimate. Good test is to drink some water and wait 15 minutes and see if you still get the "pains". If yes, then have a small healthy snack like a hardboiled egg. Just a few suggestions.
HealthGoal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #3  

If you're interested to talk about the emotional aspects of eating, me too! I'm not sure if that's what you meant.
myst321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:47 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthGoal30 View Post
You mention late nights and hunger pains. I've found that if I'm not getting enough sleep or staying up super late I get the munchies so going to bed at a reasonable time stopped that part. As for hunger pains, I don't believe you should be ignoring your body's signal for food if it's legitimate. Good test is to drink some water and wait 15 minutes and see if you still get the "pains". If yes, then have a small healthy snack like a hardboiled egg. Just a few suggestions.
Thanks! That is good advice. I work two jobs some days and I start at 5:30 am and end at 10:30 pm so it's hard to stay on a plan those days. I lay in bed and I a so hungry I can't sleep.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:55 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by myst321 View Post
If you're interested to talk about the emotional aspects of eating, me too! I'm not sure if that's what you meant.
Yes!! I become so obsessed sometimes with eating that it's all I think about. I find myself eating before I go out to eat so I don't over eat in front of others. I know I'm not fooling anyone because I am overweight but I do it anyway. I get excited when I know I am going to eat something I love but then instantly I feel guilty after I eat it. I try to portion control but I just end up bindging. I can't talk to anyone in my life about it because they all think it's simple: just stop eating so much. But I eat when I'm happy, sad, angry, stressed, overwhelmed, you name it I feel it and eat. I don't have many friends and I don't have a family of my own. I have become the cliché cat lady. I am going to the gym but I still over eat. I feel so much pressure from the people around me and soon they will see I'm still not losing weight and the advice and criticism will begin. Don't mean to sound like a Debbie downer. I'm just overwhelmed by this food control thing. Thanks for listening.