Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-21-2017, 12:19 AM   #1  

Lightbulb It's time to make a change!

I've always been a large girl but several years of a borderline hermit lifestyle while combating illness and depression has really pushed it to the brink. I guess I just kind of gave up because I never really felt worth the effort? There are definitely a lot of emotional issues that have gone hand in hand with my weight issues and I recently started seeing a counselor to improve my outlook on life/view of myself. I've cut out soda and fast food, made a drastic cut to breads, pastas, and junk food, and I'm trying to get out and moving around more(easier said than done with my weirdo hermit mindset). It can be hard, especially when I spend Friday through Sunday out of town/at work. Keeping on my diet on weekends is hard and requires a lot of advanced prep. Even when I bring the right foods, the temptation is there. It would be sooooo easy to swing by a Taco Bell between shifts. Too easy! Fortunately, I have a goal to keep me focused! In October I'm traveling to the UK to visit family send I really want to drop as much of this 525 that I'm starting with before the day of that fight comes!

Anyway, I feel like that's a lot of baggage to drop in a single introduction but it's what I've got. I'm hoping to find a support system online where I'm sorely lacking in person. Thanks for reading!
zombieaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/133

Height: 5"1'

Hi zombieaddict (cool name btw)

Nice to meet you here! I'm a new member here just like you, trying to get more motivation to reach my goals. Good job on cutting out on soda, fast and refined foods - your body will thank you! It's probably been years since I've had a sugary soft drink just for the heck of it.

I understand when you say sometimes sticking to a healthy eating regime is hard for various reasons like work. I also feel like my social life takes a hit when I'm focusing on healthy eating, because all we do when we hang out with friends is eat out and drink!

A few days back I was borderline depressed and I automatically turned to food for comfort. I know thats not the done thing but it takes literally one instant for you to grab that piece of cake and gulp it down before realizing you made a mistake. By then its too late, your sugar has already spiked!

I guess all I'm trying to say is I can relate. Stay motivated and we'll all get to our goals!
iScreamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #3  

Hi Krithika! I have a big problem with comfort eating and an oral fixation that Freud would have a field day with. But I've been making a conscious effort to get a glass of ice water or popcorn when I start feeling those cravings and I'm eating more small meals instead of snacking(hobbit meal times ftw). I've also gotten portion size Tupperware and been trying to schedule my time better so I prep food for the work weekend on Thursday afternoons.

I even tweaked banana/avocado ice cream recipes to come up with my own sweet treats! I whip the two together with some unsweetened cocoa powder and freeze for what I've dubbed "chocolate nanacado ice cream". I'm going to experiment with adding nuts and diced fruit, maybe even my chocolate raspberry veggie protein powder in future batches and I have little four ounce containers to divide it into so I'm ready when a craving hits. Which is important because my family is constantly wafting cake and ice cream under my nose.

I'm doing well though! I've been dieting since the end of April and I'm down sixteen pounds!
zombieaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/133

Height: 5"1'

Wow sixteen lbs! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work! And nice job coming up with the nanacado icecream! I would love me some of that
iScreamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote