Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-22-2017, 05:36 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: May 22 - May 28

The run of days with absolutely no snacks morphed into a few days with unplanned snacks. Fortunately, they were modestly sized.

Bing Cherries caught my eye at the grocery store. Since they are fruit, they don't have calories in my personal accounting system. Unfortunately, my body doesn't care about my accounting system so methinks I'd better go easy on those.

Good to see you Iris (iriswhispers) - I thought the rules had changed so that interns were only allowed to work reasonable hours.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Fruit is also calorie free in my plan Bill. There were cherries here too but they didn't look very good. I got apple slices instead. I find I eat a portion of those equal to about one apple and then have had enough.

The latter half of the pet sit - 17 days in all - is progressing along its usual trajectory. All animals are exhibiting signs of stress and I'm going to put the younger dog on his anti-anxiety meds today. We have the City's fireworks display in the neighbourhood and the increased traffic of cars and people will send him over the edge.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I bought cherries as well and we had a few for dessert last night. The rest will go to work for snacks. They were particularly yummy.

Hot here with temps in the low 100's. I guess it's time to get used to that again.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Also a lover of cherries here though I suspect they might have been the culprit of my waking up during the night with a tummy ache. I was also having weird dreams about my parents (who have long been deceased).

I had a nice, albeit quiet, weekend. Lots of exercise, relaxation, reading, errands.... weight is down a little. I'm about 2 pounds from my pre-cruise weight now. Hope I knock those 2 pounds off this week and get cracking on the rest. It's amazing to me that if the scale is moving in the right direction, even slightly, I find myself much more motivated to keep going.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

We are getting good cherries here too. They actually have almost 300 calories in a pound (and I have been easily eating half a pound at a sitting). The local fruit stands also have amazingly good fresh-picked strawberries and blackberries. I'm in fruit heaven.

Michele, I also find myself more motivated to have a good eating day if the scale is kind to me in the morning. And no matter how many years I've been thin, I still get upset about having to be weighed at the doctor's. Tomorrow I have a 3 pm appt and I'm plotting how to eat very little all day until after the appt so the scale number will be low. Obsessive, I know, and certainly a hold-over from my fat days, but it is what it is.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

I saw some strawberries at a roadside stand, but didn't have any cash with me... sigh. It's still cold (well, cool - 50s and 60s) and overcast and I don't feel like it's time for fresh produce already.

Allison, reading about your temps make me miss when I lived in Arizona!

Dagmar, how often are those fireworks? My parents live several miles from a local baseball stadium and they do fireworks at about half of the home games. Their dog (a big, otherwise "tough" rottweiler) does not enjoy his walks on those evenings and bee-lines it back to the house. Fireworks are fun, but I think a lot of pets are terrorized throughout the baseball season

Bill, there are rules on intern hours - I'm generally scheduled for 12 hour days, 6 days a week, which is an underestimate of the hours spent there each day but they do have to give an average of one day off per 7 and they seem to stick to that rule.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

We all survived the fireworks, though we didn't get to sleep 'til well after 11 p.m. with all the people walking home from the display passing the house. The dog barked at everyone, despite the meds. He would do much better if they gave him some sort of anti-anxiety meds all the time. He has classic signs of anxiety and it's progressively getting worse.

Oh well, not my dog. I can only make suggestions based on what behaviour I see.

DAgmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote