Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-16-2017, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow Emotional Eating Linked To Stress/Exhaustion

I notice I still have patterns of binge/emotional eating when I am stressed or exhausted.

I've been doing this for a long time, and am recovered 12 years from Anorexia and Bulimia, but can't seem to completely kick the intermittent binge cycle (once weekly or so.)

Any advice? Suggestions? Anything?
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/187/105

Height: 5' 3"

Hi I'm new here, so I don't have much experience on the boards, but I just wanted to say that I've been 20 years recovered from bulimia. I still have issues with bingeing and have doubled in weight since I stopped purging, but that's also due to various other health problems. The urge to binge hits me in the evenings so I've started taking 'Hunger Buster' capsules by Protein World 1 hour before my evening meal and so far they seem to be working. I don't go to bed with desperate urges to snack.

I also avoid the kitchen after my evening meal. Distraction techniques seem to help like listening to the radio (no adverts for food) , doing sudoku or playing computer games. Reading books is out because that requires calmness of mind and concentration. I need something to channel nervous binge energy into. Walking is quite a good one.

Anyway, I don't know if any of this will help but hopefully it might trigger some ideas for you
FatCowSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCowSlim View Post
Hi I'm new here, so I don't have much experience on the boards, but I just wanted to say that I've been 20 years recovered from bulimia. I still have issues with bingeing and have doubled in weight since I stopped purging, but that's also due to various other health problems. The urge to binge hits me in the evenings so I've started taking 'Hunger Buster' capsules by Protein World 1 hour before my evening meal and so far they seem to be working. I don't go to bed with desperate urges to snack.

I also avoid the kitchen after my evening meal. Distraction techniques seem to help like listening to the radio (no adverts for food) , doing sudoku or playing computer games. Reading books is out because that requires calmness of mind and concentration. I need something to channel nervous binge energy into. Walking is quite a good one.

Anyway, I don't know if any of this will help but hopefully it might trigger some ideas for you
Hi, and thank you for your reply and suggestions! I appreciate it
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #4  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCowSlim View Post

Excellent advice. For me doing the suggestion is a bit
challenging. I obssess over food when I'm stressed.
This summer, I ate an obnoxious amount of fudge
sickles, ice cream, chips, pastry etc. (I've had
enough, it needs to stop).
Unfortunately I'm seeing the mirror effect of myself
manifest through my 2 young (feline) sons. One
is a huge food fiend, he needs supervision because
he eats fast and more than his share. (they were
rescues). I made the observation that this is L.o.v.e
related. I'm tending to him with nurturing and
comfort outside of food. My issue with food I
think is about Love as well. I have outside love
(my husband) but my self love has been pretty