Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-08-2017, 04:57 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: May 8 - May 14

Another week with the extra snacks under control. That's such a big step for me back to the days when I was losing weight and easily maintaining. Snacking does not make for easy maintenance.

Last week I was joyful about eating outside on the patio. Haven't done that even once this past week between rain and chill. Reminds me to be grateful during the good times.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I haven't even put my deck furniture out yet Bill. But summer is coming!

We have frost here but sunny/cloudy weather forecast all week. I'll take it!

I'm sure the people doing all the repair work down at the beach and in the parks will appreciate it too.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

This is my last week of the school year seeing kiddos. I'm planning on playing "Dewey Bingo". My dd made three different levels for me so I'm eager to see how it all goes this week!
Then begins the task of getting back over 40,000 library books and completing a never ending inventory. My old PC that I use for inventory doesn't seem to want to boot up so I'm hoping the tech guy can get me up and running.

We aren't sure if the painters are coming today/ this week. Dh is home hoping to hear back so he can determine whether or not Ellie needs to be in her crate. I took her for long walks Saturday and Sunday to wear her out somewhat just in case.

I was doing a "diet bet" that ended yesterday. I've done them before and always "won" (you have to lose 4% of your start weight in 4 weeks). This is the first time that I may not win. I have until tomorrow to submit my final weigh in. This morning naked I was .2 below my goal. Holding my phone (you have to take pics of yourself and your scale for proof), I was .2 over. That's without clothes which are pretty necessary for the photos! So I'm hoping I can lose .5 a pound or so by tomorrow. I may be able to have dh take the pics which would avoid the .4 of the phone!! I'm disappointed that I didn't do better. I'm waffling between feeling I'm strong and feeling I'm fluffy. Trying on multiple pairs of shorts yesterday before finding some that somewhat fit didn't help my mood.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #4  

Michele Maybe take the weigh-in photos in the lightest summer clothes you have? Or a very light nightie? Depends on your shyness level of course.

Dagmar :
Old 05-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #5  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Nothing like making a diet bet to guarantee I won't lose the weight ... but that's just me. I'm perverse that way :>)
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Andrea--- my dd has done them before with me and she always gains. She refuses to try again!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #7  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodoc View Post
Nothing like making a diet bet to guarantee I won't lose the weight ... but that's just me. I'm perverse that way :>)
Andrea, me too! I'm so ornery I could be a mule.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #8  
Workin' It

I tried two different diet bets and gained on both. Also ornery.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #9  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Hi there folks, remember me? I'm glad to see some familiar faces still here.

I'm crawling back in with no significant change in my weight since last time I was here, because my kids just turned 4 but I still have 20lbs of baby weight to lose. I dropped off here when my job got crazy, but we just finished our 2.5-year project, so I thought, hey, maybe coming back to 3FC will help me finally lose this weight! Maybe work won't be so crazy for a while!

Anyway here I am. I'm working out doing NRLW again, currently on stage 4. Now that the weather is clearing up, I'm going to try to get some running in too, but I have found that it's difficult for me to lose weight and do a lot of exercise at the same time, because exercising makes me really hungry, so I'm leaning toward trying to lose all the weight, then getting back to fitness. Anyway, I'm tracking my calories with MyFitnessPal and my workouts with Jefit and MapMyRun, so if anyone wants to friend me on any of those let me know!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #10  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Jessica! How lovely to see you.

The twins are 4?? That's quite impossible.

We've got a 'need to lose this weight' thread going although I'm not sure how successful some of us (me?) are. It's currently called One foot in front of the other. Come and join in!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:06 PM   #11  

Welcome back Jessica.

The twins are 4?

Dagmar
Old 05-11-2017, 07:21 PM   #12  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

The twins are 4!!!
Welcome back Jessica. And, FWIW, the newest exercise-to-lose-weight advice is to do 16 min. bouts of HIIT (8 rounds of 80-90% max capacity alternatiing with 60% capacity). Supposedly, this is enough to spur fat loss without kicking in the compensatory-hunger mechanism. And, who can complain about being done with exercise in < 20 min?
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #13  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Thanks for the welcome guys! And yeah, I can hardly believe they're 4 myself. Time flies!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:33 AM   #14  

Kind of ironic that the people I'm pet sitting for for the next 17 days are going to the Baltics. That's where my parents are from. I've never had the $$$ to travel there. They are going to send me photos.

Dagmar