South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-17-2017, 06:52 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach April 17-21

Good morning!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:56 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

After a busy day at work yesterday, I slept in a bit. Kirk left for Glenwood yesterday afternoon so it's a perfect time for me to do the post Easter back to plan week. It's my recycle and trash day so I have everything on the porch ready to get into the car. Now I just need to get dressed and make my smoothie and lunch. The days have been beautiful here. Actually more like summer. I feel like I should be planting things but it's way too early.

I had a wonderful surprise at work yesterday. We were quite busy and when I went up to my next table it was my college roommate and her husband. They live in Florida or were in Denver packing up her moms condo. It was too busy to really visit and they couldn't stay but it was so special. they didn't know what restaurant I worked at so they drove around and take to the busiest place.hey. Time is ticking by. Have a great start to the week everyone!
Old 04-17-2017, 07:13 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and thanks for starting us up.

Today is a stat holiday up here in Ontario so the Easter festivities continue. The syrup festival was a huge success - best yet! - the Mill had over 1000 visitors and the new bake shop in the Old Town Hall was sold out by 10:30 Saturday. A great start to the summer season.

Today I will be cooking a honking big spiral-cut ham for Easter dinner for the Hyper Pypers plus Bruce and his son Grant. Should be fun and relaxed. The Pypers have never met Bruce but I know it will go well since he relates well to people and can talk about anything - probably because of his clerical training.

Tomorrow SBD will be back with a vengeance. Ham, scalloped potatoes and a decadent pineapple pie are not exactly Phase I compliant!

On we go into Spring! I plan to ignore snow and cold if they happen again before November!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie what a nice surprise. Reminds me of when I ran into a guy I grew up with at Yankee Stadium (I was working) so imagine his surprise when I "stopped" him lol. Have a great day!!!

Ruth have fun with the Pypers tonight. Glad the festival was a success.

Easter was uneventful and included afternoon naps!!!! Felt good to stay put. DS and I had a nice dinner and watched some of the NBA playoffs. Spend part of the evening retrieving patio chairs that kept finding their way into the yard lol. My landscaper showed up yesterday which was weird!

Another gorgeous day here so you know what that means.....more miles!!! Later its groceries and food prep. I MUST be in control of my emotional eating this week. I am feeling extremely anxious as I know this time next week DS will be on his way to Albany. My weight is up this month. With the ride so close I need to get back to my ideal riding weight (ok its a number in my head that I strive for every year. Spandex is not kind lol)

Enjoy the beauty of the day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

Back from our trip to see DS1, we had a nice time visiting him and then Easter dinner with my parents. You may remember they had a health crisis last year which necessitated a move; it is good to see them settled and getting the help they need.

Ruth, traveling meant eating out this weekend so I am going to try to be diligent about food choices the next few days. The scale is, of course, up today from water weight.

Jennifer, I am glad you had a good day with DS. The plan for his going away party sounds good too. Thinking of you this week!

Amy, my DS1 graduated with a mech engineer degree last May from UR. What is your son studying? I was SOOO excited DS found a job in his field right away.

Debbie, what a nice surprise to see an old friend!

Have a good day, everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am back, we got in last night around 9 p.m. I have been busy unpacking and have laundry going. My allergies have been in force for over a week now, I need to go get something for them. It was really bad in Texas as my MIL smokes. We had a good time with them though I did no exercising and food choices were not good, don't know how but the scale did not go up but it back to phase 1 for a couple of days. I am off today so that gives me a chance to get everything in order.

Debbie what a nice surprise seeing an old friend.

Jekel wow time went by quickly for DS. I need to go back and read threads since didn't have internet other than phone but didn't want to be on the phone at MIL.

Beth glad you were able to spend time with DS and your parents

Ruth sounds like you are having fun

Off I go to get groceries. Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

Popping in a bit late - DW had an ankle replacement 8 weeks ago and finally got some good news about getting off crutches and starting to weight bear. So my day has shifted a bit later (just now eating breakfast and having my coffee!).

Pearl - allergies are the worst - I am in the same boat!

Have a great day everyone!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies!
I weigh in this morning lost 1lb. I know this time, I will not be losing as much as I lost the first time I did PH1 (16lbs) but the main reason is because my body is used to eat more healthy now, also, I'm not exercising as much as I did back then. Any how, I'm happy with my lost, this week I'm hoping to get back to the gym.

Debbie how nice that you got to see your old friend!

Ruth seems like you had a great weekend and everything went fine at the festival. Have fun tonight!

Jennifer glad you spend a nice relaxing time with your DS.

Beth so glad you were able to spend time with your family.

Pearlrose hope you allergies get better. What meds do you take? I also suffer from allergies and this past two weeks here in FL have been out of control. Right now I'm taking allegra, flonase, and patanol for the eyes.

Well, now I need to go clean the house and wash the linen and maybe clean the front ... I need to keep myself busy today so I can avoid cravings

Last edited by Muffin; 04-17-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:04 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work today, nothing on the agenda for this evening.

Everyone have a great day!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:26 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

I'm ready to head into work, as well. I get off early but we have a plumbing project going on at my moms. I'll get off my feet for a few minutes then go over there and carpet cleaner comes at 5 PM. It's the only time he can get in with the road.

Prepped my morning oatmeal in little jars for the rest of the week. Did some grocery shopping yesterday and forgot the cottage cheese. Oh well.

Made good food decisions yesterday and I am on track for another OP day. Yay!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

Yesterday was cloudy and dreary so I spent the day doing all sorts of indoor chores (mostly the paperwork kind) but also made a run to the dry cleaner's with some wool sweaters. I am declaring it is spring and I will not wear them again this year! Today we have sunshine so in a little while I will stretch out so I can finish raking the flower bed. There's also some debris along the road front from the big plow that should be cleaned up...Yay for springtime and spring break!

Debbie, good luck with the plumbers and carpet cleaner. I hate it when I forget something at the store!

Have a good day at work, Pearlrose.

Jenne, welcome back! We have a few newbies that are inspiring the old timers.

Isa, sounds like you have a realistic outlook on your journey.

Time for a coffee refill. Have a great day everyone!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning,

Yesterday was a good day, I kept myself sort of busy and no craving. I stuck to my meal plan, it's hard for me when DH is home since he loves to eat carbs all the time. I decided to take pics of my meals to be more accountable

Hope everyone has a great day!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:24 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Morning from slowly unfolding Spring in Delta. So nice to see green grass and the bulbs coming up in my front flower-bed.

Easter dinner with the Hyper Pypers and Bruce and his son went very well although the scalloped potatoes boiled over in the oven and set off the smoke detectors. We just adjourned to the deck with our pre-dinner drinks and let the vent clear the kitchen. We're nothing if not adaptable! B. was a hit so my "other" kids (Margo and Glenn) now approve. Margo and her daughter Elaine volunteered to sing at our wedding - great because they both have highly-trained voices. Add that to Niece Lizzie and her bagpipes for entrance and recessional and we are now musically all set! (I guess it's time to do the guest list and maybe start to fret about a dress!)

Today is going to be a non-eventful day - she says hopefully! I plan to tackle a couple of niggles and also do an alteration to a "performance" dress for a musician friend - she's 18 and the daughter of Pastor Lynn who will be doing out wedding service. She has a glorious clear soprano but will be at a competition in France when we are married. I also need to finish off at least two of the outstanding tax returns since Barb and Mac want (and need) their tax refunds. After that I just need tackle ours. The garden is calling me but I may assuage the guilt by tidying my house plants.

Have a lovely day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good afternoon everyone

Debbie I hope the plumbing issue at your mom's wasn't too terrible. Hope your carpets came out great. I love the idea of using mini mason jars for overnight oats.

Beth enjoy your spring break!!!! I put my winter coats away and declared spring is here too lol. Granted it was 42 when I left for work.

Isa if I stay busy I can avoid cravings. Im really working on going to bed when I am tired instead of snacking. Last week I was in bed at 8:20. It's amazing what sleep can do for weight loss too!

Ruth John is my bagpiper if and when I need one. I am certain you will find the perfect dress. Everything seems to be falling into place nicely for you and Bruce.

All good here. Had a very successful day OP yesterday and saw a 4 pound whoosh this morning. Between increasing my water the past few days and riding a lot lately I knew I was due. Granted I am still one pound up from last month. I haven't been too strict with myself with DS home. I only have two weeks until my ride so I have to be good-ish. Saturday will be my splurge since it is his party. Although I think I may have either the grilled veggie wrap or a Cobb salad. I figure I'll be busy talking so the salad might be my best option lol. I did order his cake today, complete with the Army logo and little Army men. I've been getting a lot of palpitations this week and my brain has been on overload. I'm sure a good cry is in my future on the drive home Tuesday. I must remember to pack lots of tissues lol.

OK back to work for me. Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Beth - I like the way you think!
Jennifer - on the 4 pounds! awesome!

Day 2 of Ph1(AGAIN) and luckily I've stuck to most of the principles so I am not in super withdrawal. Plus, with allergies looming, who knows what is causing what right now? I won't lie though - with all the Easter candy in our work kitchen right now, I sure did make sure every bit of laughing cow cheese was licked off the wrapper though!

Will try to check in earlier tomorrow...
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote