Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-17-2017, 05:05 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat: April 17 - April 23

Another day out in the sunshine. I'm surprised, as I am each year, how profoundly I'm moved when the season finally changes.

I made it through Easter with only one dip into candy - a planned handful of M&Ms from a full table offering of treats. I even had to give away a wrapped piece of chocolate that was thrust in my hands. That was a good step for me.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Another day out in the sunshine. I'm surprised, as I am each year, how profoundly I'm moved when the season finally changes.

I made it through Easter with only one dip into candy - a planned handful of M&Ms from a full table offering of treats. I even had to give away a wrapped piece of chocolate that was thrust in my hands. That was a good step for me.
Good show on the chocolate Bill

I have one bunny still in its wrapper and 3/4 of the other left. I did eat my small chocolate chicken on Friday. Don't seem to have the urge for Belgian chocolate that I did when i was younger. Going to say that's a good thing, but with regrets.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning. I was surprised to see a new thread because I hadn't realised it was Monday. We have a bank holiday here, 'Easter Monday'.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Good morning. I was surprised to see a new thread because I hadn't realised it was Monday. We have a bank holiday here, 'Easter Monday'.
Some of Canada is on holiday - mostly the government and the banks. The rest of us toil on.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

No candy for me! Although watching golf they had photos of jelly beans and I thought they looked good. I did make a special dessert for last night--but only made half the recipe so we don't have too many leftovers. It was a puff pastry tartlet with raspberry jam, lemon curd and merengue. Yummy.

It's heating up here. Our swamp cooler cycled on several times during the night. Soon it'll be running 24/7 and eventually we'll have to turn it off and turn on the central AC.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

It was HOT in Arizona over the weekend while I was visiting dd. I got there Friday night and we spent all day Saturday apartment hunting, furniture hunting, and seeing her new school (she got the job over Skype so hadn't actually seen the school-- we got a long tour from one of her future colleagues) and eating. I was so overheated that my feet swelled painfully and I had to buy new shoes at Target half-way through the day! Yesterday I left around lunch time and we hadn't considered that so many things would be closed on Easter. We found that IKEA was open so we went there and dreamed. Dd applied for an apartment late last night-- so should hear today if she's approved. I think it was the best option we found but she is concerned about costs. It will be her first time truly living on her own (no roommates) and she is unsure of what she can afford. We are trying to assure her that we will continue to help if necessary but she should be okay if she budgets.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote