Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-22-2004, 10:29 PM   #1  
~ Berry Happy ~

Question Walk Away The Pounds - Any Good Results??

I really want to buy the Walk Away The Pounds Tape.

Has anyone here had positive results from these tapes? I'm not always able to get out of the house, and walk, so I thought these tapes would be a great alternative.

Does anyone recommend these, and if so, what kinds of results have you seen??

Thanks in advance!

~ Kari ~

kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 11:00 AM   #2  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Hi Kari!

I have the WATP for abs (with ab belt) and a few other tapes. I like them- when I started them in January, I could hardly get to the half mile point without wheezing, sweating, and feeling like I was going to pass out. In 2 months, I've progressed to the 2 mile tape. My measurements from 1/1 to 2/1- doing just those tapes & watching my portions & water, I lost over 4.5 inches off my hips, and 3 inches off each thigh. My legs are getting more toned, I can walk longer without getting winded, and they are pretty low impact.

The only drawback- Leslie Sansone can be kinda cheesy, but after 4-5 times through the tape, you'll know the dialogue by heart I like them, and I'd reccommend them.

Good luck, and much success!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #3  
~ Berry Happy ~

Thanks for the reply

I did manage to find some reviews on the WATP tapes, and they are all good, so I may go ahead and buy them

Thanks a bunch!

~ Kari ~
Old 02-24-2004, 11:50 AM   #4  

Talking

Kari,

I bought the tapes in 2002 and since then I've lost 80 pounds. Along with doing the tapes faithfully everyday but Sunday I cut my food intake in half and started drinking nothing but water. I love these tapes. They can be as easy or as difficult as you choose to make them. If you want a more intense walk add some weights to your legs and make your moves more pronounced.
I've recommended these tapes to several people who have enjoyed them also.
Happy walking and good luck!

The Aunt
The Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:24 PM   #5  
~ Berry Happy ~

Thanks for the reply The Aunt.

Congrats on your PHENOMINAL weight loss! Way to go!

I'm really set on buying these tapes now. I talked with my sister about them today, and she kept telling me that they don't work, it's a waste of money, ect, ect...

To me, it's worth spending the money to atleast try. This may be something I will really enjoy!

Thanks again for the reply,
~ Kari ~
Old 02-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #6  
it's always something

I just bought them yesterday, but was gone all day so I didn't get to try them out. Will do in a few minutes. I love my treadmill, but it has gone kaput and it's too cold to walk outside. I'm apprehensive about the tapes because I don't think it will be like the 'real thing' to me. Also, I loved the treadmill because I could put on my headphones, listen to good music, and daydream the hour away. With the WATP tapes, I won't have that pleasure. I'm obviously cynical about it But I'm willing to give it a shot, because so many people love them. I'll let you know what I think in a few days, and look forward to more views.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 12:43 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Last year I bought a treadmill and then after using it, I developed heel spurs. The spurs are FINALLY gone, but I am scared to get back on my treadmill for fear of getting them back. Do you think the tapes would be better for that kind of thing??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:58 PM   #8  

Default Curves

undefined[COLOR=Yellow]undefinedI Joined Curves a month ago. Have been going 3 to 4 days a week. Was weighed and measured today. Lost 12 lbs and inches in bust, waist, thighs. I was elated. Had new denim jeans laying on floor with the tags still on because I couldn't get into them Today I did. Curves is definetly the place for me.]
busdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:31 PM   #9  

Default walk away pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari_berry
Thanks for the reply The Aunt.

Congrats on your PHENOMINAL weight loss! Way to go!

I'm really set on buying these tapes now. I talked with my sister about them today, and she kept telling me that they don't work, it's a waste of money, ect, ect...

To me, it's worth spending the money to atleast try. This may be something I will really enjoy!

Thanks again for the reply,
~ Kari ~
hi these tapes are good I do my 1 mile every morning 20 min. just incase I dont have time to go for a walk and this winter it kept me going so if I were you get them Jean
grandma57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 08:12 AM   #10  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default WATP Fan

I bought the one mile tape in 2002 - that's what got me started walking. The feedback I got from others then was that the one mile was too 'easy' - I didn't find it easy - I found it challenging, but it was where I started. After a few months, I got the nerve up to try the two mile tape. It was 30 minutes and it put me through the paces. I have the three mile tape (45 minutes), but I usually go to the two mile tape now to get in an extra 30 minutes if I can't make it to the gym or outside is too wet.

Just remember that Leslie is Perky!!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 08:47 AM   #11  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

I just got the WATP and am super excited about trying it. with the cold, my southern behind never wants to go outside.the dvd i got has the 1 mile and the 2 mile. so i will see how they go. anything is better than nothing is how i think.
blugirrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:41 PM   #12  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi
I got the WATP tapes a while ago and like them. I find that I can intensify them by using weights throughout the video. She annoys me, so music to drown her out is good (good upbeat stuff) and if you have Picture in Picture on your tv then you can watch your favorite show at the same time. Just some ideas. I have the 2 and 3 mile (the ones with water weights, but I jsut use my own weights) has anyone tried the 4 mile?
Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:44 PM   #13  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default Heel Spurs

JacobsMommy, I meant to tell you that if you have good shoes with good support and if you do your stretches, you should be fine. I think the best place to get the right shoes would be to go to a running store. If there is one in your area that is owned and operated by runners, they will check your gait and listen to your concern about the heel spurs recurring for a proper fit. It seems to me that you will have less impact with the WATP than a treadmill, assuming you are watching the tape in a carpeted room.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 10:29 PM   #14  
189/149/140

I am an exercise hater but I love WATP. I have lost inches from doing them. I have 1,2, & 3 mile with the stretchy bands. I only use the 3 mile - if I'm having a tough day I quit at 2 miles and finish with stretching. I don't even do them every day - probably 4x a week. Kmart had some of these for $7.99 on VHS. Of all the ways I find to waste money, it was a great risk taken!
cdgbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 06:00 PM   #15  

Default Big Time Leslie Fan

Hi Everyone!

I am a big time Leslie fan and own almost all of her videos. You can lose weight and tone up if you use these on a regular bases. I also have her 10 minute toning video and it's awesome! If you have any questions on any of her workouts just ask me I have them all! I also belong to her walk diet club and she has walk diets about once a month. I have the older ones on a PDF file if anyone is interested just let me know. Take care and keep walking!
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote