South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Spring Begins! Week of April 20th to 24th

Good morning! Sure is white and cold out there for the first day of Spring but the two week forecast gives me hope - particularly with FL on April 1!

Today is Day 1 of an overbooked week so I'd better just get on with it.

Weight continues to inch down - or should that be "ounce down" - despite an absolutely fabulous corned beef hash supper last night. It certainly was not SBD compliant but worth the calories.

Gotta get moving to meet B at the UC for coffee prep. We are in charge this week and I'm sure glad there are cookies already made and stashed in the freezer. (I made sure to make a kind I don't like.)

Happy Monday!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies!

We're supposed to get to 60 today! After a few weeks of bitter cold I'm ready...again. It's my last tour guide day today, as much as I hate dealing with city parking I do count all the walking as my exercise. I lost a pound today - after yesterday's marathon walk I'm not surprised. I have to mentally give up this numbers game. One night out caused me to gain a pound and keep for a week, by no means did I eat an extra 3500 on top of my daily calories. Then finally a week later - 2 days in a row I lost a pound each day. And by no means did I magically cut an extra 7,000 those two days. But I'll take it. My next goal is to lose 15% - I'll hit that in .4 lbs.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and happy spring although I need gloves and a coat lol.

Ruth have fun at the UC coffee today. Make sure you find time for you during this hectic week. Every ounce counts!!!! Eventually they add up to pounds lost.

Amy I weigh myself daily too. I still get hung up on the number, but I am so much better at accepting it is temporary. I have been maintaining without too much difficulty but need to regroup every so often. I have no doubt you will reach anc exceed your next goal. Try (I know this is an issue for me) not to put too much pressure on yourself to reach it. Sometimes our bodies holds onto a number just to mess with us lol.

Home today then back to the grind tomorrow. Today is just some errands and possibly a bath for Coconut. I have been doing really well with my eating. Even held strong at Joe's yesterday. Will spend some quality time on the bike again today. Boy I cant wait for this snow to melt so I can ride outside.

Hope everyone has a mild Monday. I hear they can be almost as "tough" as Tuesdays are for me lol
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is going to be in the 70 s today warmest day of the week, but we have lots of rain on schedule this week. Today is my first day of class, I already got my workout in and eating breakfast now need to get a quick shower before it starts. Hoping I get a certain instructor who is really good at passing information you need to study for the test.

Ruth have fun at the UC coffee

Amy congrats, calories and the scale are not always in sync that is for sure

Jekel enjoy your day off today

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! Happy first day of spring! (although I can't say it looks like spring here; still lots of snow from last week's blizzard)

Another calm Monday at work so that is a success. I got lazy last week and didn't plan well for dinner so this week I am being sure to plan. Turkey burgers (no bun) tonight, chili from the freezer tomorrow. I had an after school meeting today and again tomorrow so it makes the prep all the more important.

Hope everyone had a good day!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:00 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Sheesh! It's only Tuesday and I'm already in overdrive. Lots of fun and kidding around at the UC coffee hour yesterday. The "hour" stretched to three which certainly took a hunk out of my morning.

Discovered yesterday that my wallet is missing. I suspect it was stolen from my car when I was in Church although I was certain I locked it. Anyhow, I'll take one more look around the house and then need to cancel credit cards, driving licence etc! What a nuisance especially when going away next week!

Jennifer and Amy, I too am a scale check addict and weigh almost every day. I'm obsessive about numbers and have records going back to 2012! Just a little quirk in my CPA brain.

Beth, spring really is coming - lots of geese flying and my snowdrops are well up and budded. Sure hope the darned snow disappears soon.

Rose, ITIL struck a chord with me. Glad the instructor is a good one for dropping hints! I vaguely remember sending my staff for that training but never took it myself.

Must get another coffee, do my house tour and then get on the phone cancelling credit cards. Of course, I'll find the darned thing as soon as I cancel. What a drag!
Old 03-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #7  

Good morning,

It's a bit gloomy here but will be in the 50's today, yesterday was almost too hot in the 70s. Class went well yesterday, I did get the instructor I wanted, have had him for two prior classes. I already scheduled my exam for Sunday, had to get a hold of customer service to get it, wanted either Friday afternoon, Saturday or Sunday to get it done this week. I need to call home depot my order still has not come in and can't schedule installs until it gets here. It was so supposed to get here last Friday.

Ruth what a bummer maybe it fell under your car seat. Fingers crossed

Beth glad yesterday was calm, I don't tent to plan for dinner but make sure I have plenty on hand for making healthy dinners, I need to plan my lunches.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:29 AM   #8  

Good morning!

Beth - I'm a planner too. I hate for it to get to 4pm and wonder what to do about dinner. We usually just do 3 dinners at a time because all the fresh food tends to spoil. Which means more trips to the grocery store, but they are quicker. Tonight I'm making the pork chop with blueberries. Which sounded like it wouldn't go together, but it is quite yummy.

Ruth - I hope you find your wallet. That really is the worst feeling. I know I'd get called for jury duty if I went in for a new license, though I do have jury duty for a month. I call in Thursday night to see if my number is called for the next week. Thankfully there were no cases this week so no one was called in. I have to do that for 3 more weeks. Fingers crossed I never get called.

Pearl - I'm waiting on repair people - both at my old house to get it on the market, and we're doing a project right now. The old house needs to get on the market asap and it's taking way longer than originally planned to paint and fix up.

Today I have a conference call with my billing software person to go over all my sales and revenues and see how we're doing. Before that though I'm back on the treadmill doing intervals today. I'm so tired right now I need to wake up a bit first.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:56 PM   #9  

Isn't it a beautiful day???? The roads are still a little dicey to take the bicycle out, but will enjoy the view from my windows. I am looking forward to my weekend already. For once I actually have plans! Saturday after work I am going to a hockey game. The NJ Devils has a law enforcement appreciation night each year. Tickets were 44 dollars. They give you a challenge coin and a $10 voucher for the concession stand and a "goodie bag." Can't see a baseball game around here for that price! Should be fun my friend Meredith is going plus a bunch from work. Sunday is the "snow date" for the fundraiser that was cancelled in February. Fortunately that is only 10 minutes from my house. Otherwise the rest of the week is just my normal.

Beth I knew I wasn't going to have time to cook this week. I opted for a few frozen dinners. I am particularly fond of Grainful. They are made from steel oats and real ingredients. Tonight's I had jambalaya which was really tasty. Lunch this week will be my usual hard boiled egg and soup. Fresh fruit and veggies are all ready for the week too. Tomorrow I will bring my lunch with me and store it during my meeting. I'll definitely make sure I eat before heading back north.

Beth glad you got the instructor you wanted.

Ruth did you find your wallet? Maybe St. Anthony could help. What a bummer to deal with before your trip. Guess it is better that it happened while you are still home and not when you are traveling.

Amy hope the coffee perked you up. House projects always take longer than expected in my experience. I dread taking on a way over due kitchen renovation. Maybe next year.

Well that's about it here. Time to get my workout in before my bed starts calling lol. Enjoy your evening.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #10  

Good evening.

I've got my chili in the pot and just made the SB "mozzarella sticks" (cheesesticks rolled in parmesean, almond flour and some Italian spices then warmed in a pan) for an appetizer. It's nice having a plan.

Pearlrose, glad you got the instructor you wanted and your test time slot set up. I would be happy for 70s; it was 36* and raining when I left this morning.

Ruth, good luck on finding your wallet! What a pain in the neck.

Jennifer, hope you had a good day. The hockey game sounds like fun.

Amy, we had a neighbor raise a pig for us last summer so we are eating lots of pork chops. Where did you get the blueberry recipe?

Have a good one, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 03-21-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:10 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Posted earlier and somehow lost it. All is well. Did not find my wallet but all my accounts are clean and there are no charges on my credut cards which are cancelled and will be replaced in 5 to 7 business days. Sure hope that happens but I do have US cash and another credit card, just not US!

Back later to catch up.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #12  

Good morning,

It is cold this morning in the 30's but it's sunny I will take it. I did get my stuff from Home Depot yesterday evening so I need to call today and schedule the installs, will have to work around my hectic schedule. Class is going well, lots of material which is always overwhelming.

Jekel the hockey game sounds like fun!

Ruth bummer about not finding your wallet but glad to hear no charges against your cc.

Beth pork is my favorite meat, those mozzarella sticks sound good might have to make some

Amy hope your repair projects speed up as well

Debbie hope you are doing well

Old 03-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #13  

Beth - when I find the recipe in my notebook I'll post the link. It's actually quite yummy. The cleaning lady is here and hubby did a massive pickup, and well, now I don't know where he put the notebook.

Ruth - It sounds like the wallet was perhaps misplaced and not stolen. Which is nice to not have to make a ton of fraudulent charge calls. I've had mine compromised a few times and waiting for the new cards is frustrating - especially if it's your debit card. I literally didn't have access to money for a few days once because I bank with USAA and they don't have brick and mortar banks here.

I bought a new scale - it was through fitbit and it syncs up with my app. Of course it weighs me half a pound heavier! Not that it's really a big deal, but when you measure success in .2 increments...lol This new one goes by .1 increments which will be nice. Hubby weighs in on Thursdays so once he checks himself on both I believe we'll move permanently to the fitbit scale. And my only comment on the body fat measurement...it can only get better from here.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #14  

Brrrr certainly windy here, but sunny.

Ruth sorry you couldn't find your wallet. Were you able to get your driver's license replaced?

Pearlrose glad the materials are in and class is going well.

Beth I am going to try your cheese stick recipe. I love cheese lol

Amy I've thought about getting the Fitbit scale, but I don't want to know my BMI lol you are braver than I. My scale is a WW digital one. I've had it for years and found it to be consistent with my doctor's scale. My BF's scale ALWAYS gives a higher reading and my mom's a lower reading. I think they are all off slightly.

Spent my work day in the city and stayed OP. Helps that I bring my food. There are plenty of healthy options, but the portions are out of control! Waiting to hear from DS to see if he is coming for dinner. I just had some roasted chick peas which should hold me over until he decides.....he better decide soon as I want to eat and get my work out in. Otherwise nothing new on this front.

Debbie I hope you get some pool time in this week
Old 03-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #15  

Hey chicks. Seems like it is always late in the day when I get here but at least today it is because I stayed after to walk at work. We have a sub-zero wind chill today so the indoor "track" seemed best.

Pearlrose and Jennifer, I got the recipe here. I don't usually wrap it in bacon although that sounds delicious.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/snac...se-sticks.html

Ruth, glad you didn't have any fraudulent charges yet; that can be a pain although our credit card company has been good about the time or two we had this situation. Hope you get your new cards soon; I find it disconcerting to not have my favorite card active!

Pearlrose, glad the course is going well. Hope you can schedule the installs in a timely fashion.

Amy we bought a new scale when we started SB and I found my old one weighed a bit light. I don't know if I want to know my BMI right now. I've stopped at the school nurse's office a few times to do it but not lately. I probably should.

Jennifer, it's nice DS is coming for dinner. I wished mine lived closer.

Almost time to make dinner; fajitas tonight.