Old 03-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cool Weighty Issues #13

WEIGHTY ISSUES #13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the March edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!

Last edited by angieME; 03-22-2004 at 10:52 AM.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:15 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. Well, another month has passed and I realized that I havent been dieting for 4 months and I have gained back a whopping 38 pounds!!! Well, I guess I had better do something about it now. I weighed in this morning and it said 178 pounds!!! I swear to god I almost passed out right there! It is amazing how fast it comes back. I hate it but I start out the days strong but at 3:00 it is like all **** breaks loose and I just start to eat. My life is in chaos right now and I know that is no excuse.

I am about ready to say to **** with it and take the for sale sign down from my house. I have no idea where I want to go and everytime I think I know something happens to ruin it. Maybe I am meant to stay in this miserable little **** town and stay broke forever. Sorry to be a downer lately but I am really ready for a nervous break down I think.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:18 AM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Okay that was my last negative post. I need to move forward and get on with it.

Kempy, How was school? Did you guys have a good weekend?

Cal, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother and your coworker. You have had a hectic year.

Noelle,Jacks,Julie,and everyone else What did you all do this weekend?
Old 03-01-2004, 11:24 AM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

How do we get Weighty Issues to be written in bold like the other threads?
Old 03-01-2004, 11:56 AM   #5  

Hi everyone

Angie first of all hugs. Life can be so hard sometimes. Along with worrying about the numbers on the scale. You WILL get back on track. You are strong and can do it! About selling you house, I am sure you and your husband I have sat down and talked about the pros and cons of moving. I wouldn't rush into anything, but when the right place or move comes along your heart will know it.

Gosh I wish I had more time to talk right now but the kids are calling the phone is ringing. I will check back. Lets start fresh everyone, its a brand new clean month, forget about the past and lets just move on .
Chat Later Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:15 PM   #6  

Good to see a few of us are posting on the #12 thread. I don't know how to make our thread in bold Angie. Keep your spirits up girl. I think you are just dealing with a lot right now and that is why you have not been dieting. I know you can do it you just have to grab life by the horns. Moveing is very scary ecspecially when you are going to a place where you know no one. I did it and it took us a little while to get used to things. I know you can do whatever it is you set your mind too. I will be behind you 100% of the way.

I am getting over a big weekend of having friends over and drinking to much. Joe and I were stuck on the sofas all day yesterday. I hate that on my only day off I can't move. I told him we must be getting old b/c we used to be able to party and then get moving again the next day. Well, not anymore. I am ready to get on with losing more weight too so I hope to see more of you guys today.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) ANGIE!!!!!!! Girl, I know the feeling.... I totally understand about the not dieting and packing the pounds back on.. why is it so difficult to get back in control??? OK.. I vow to be here for you..... we can start making they tiny steps together.

On Friday, I got the unoffical news (offical news will come tomorrow) that our office will be closed by the end of the year. More like third quarter.... the plan will be laid out to us tomorrow along with the options we will have. I am currently trying to get another position within my company (different division, but a virtual job with travel) but I am sure there are probably at least 10 other people in my office after the same job. Wish me luck. I had the initial phone interview this morning. My life has been a little stressed out and what do I do??? EAT. Just EAT, and EAT and EAT...... sheesh.. I know what I NEED to do to feel mentally and physically better.... but it's just easier to eat. So... I need to work on that obstacele.

Hugs to everyone! Kempy, Julie, Noelle, Jacks and anyone else I am leaving out.... Lets try to make this a great month.... I've missed you girls!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:13 PM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cherie, I hope you can find something else for a job. Good Luck getting the one you are applying for. I know what you mean about it just being easier to eat and it does make you feel better(until your done that is) Too bad we couldnt just skip a month and have been good for the whole time with no problem. That is exactly what I do. I am so sick of being up and down. I frigged off all winter and now I get the humiliation of being seen out walking again FAT! There are many people who love seeing someone do that so it bugs me quite a bit.

Kempy, I dont think I could handle partying anymore. I used to do it quite a bit after the twins were born and I wouldnt get home until 6 in the morning and then I would have to get up with them. I hat the feeling of being hung over. I used to drink the Jack Daniels drinks(Down Home Punch) and I could go through 12 or so of them(They are small) and I would be so drunk but I never got a hang over from that. Sloe gin and Koolaid never gave me a hangover either.

Julie, Yeah, we have talked it over and that is probably why we keep stalling on it. I have a way of over analyzing things.

Well, pee break is over time to get back to work. By the way it is so nice out today. It must be close to 40. Tigger wants to go out so bad but I dont want to let him out. Little Gray doesnt want anything to do with the outdoors. Must have to do with getting frostbite on her tooties.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:18 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls. Happy first day of March--new month, new thread, new start right? I'm gonna take this one day at a time and hopefully get serious (again) about this weight loss effort. It's a really crazy Monday and I already shed some tears so yup, it's a really cr@ppy Monday. I'm feeling better now though and the good news is so far I'm OP!!! Of course it's not yet lunch time, but celebrate the baby steps forward I always say.

Hang in there everyone, we can help each other through this. I'm really busy right now so I have to get back to work. I'll be back later. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 06:14 PM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, I hope your day gets better. I feel like I am always one tear from a total breakdown lately. I just want to bawl my eyes out half of the time and I dont know why. I have never had it that bad before.

Right now I am watching the deer out my window in my neighbors yard eating. They are so pretty. They are also pretty *****y. They are bucking around and hogging the deer feed. Of course Meanie(My himalayan) is right out there with them. They dont seem to mind though. I am sure they are the same deer from every other year so they probably already know him. haha

So far so good for today. I did eat a little extra chicken with supper but that is better than I have been. Of course with the last meal of the day comes my defiance and in my head I am thinking of yuimmies to snack on later.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:07 PM   #11  

Today was not easy. Most of the teachers were in tears, or at least close to it. Everyone is still in shock. The students were pretty subdued as well. Some of them made a memorial poster with Jackie's picture and birth and death years. I was actually surprised to see that she was born the same year as my mom. They put it just outside her door. Telling my kids this morning was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. The district was good; they provided counselors all day for students and staff. Some of the district bigwigs even came in and offered to take some of our classes if we needed time away. I just tried to keep everything as normal as possible, not only for the kids, but for me as well. One of the teachers said she is convinced that our school is cursed. What a year.

I did ok for lunch today. I had a sloppy joe sandwich, salad, cottage cheese with peaches, and green beans. For dinner was chicken and noodles and cucumbers. I'm still full.

Hang in there everyone. We can and will win the war on weight!!

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:20 PM   #12  
Almost There!!!

Aloha Ladies! Didn't get a chance to post earlier today because we had a 3 hour staff meeting which backed up all my other work...whoo hoo. I had a pretty good day, except someone brought in some Big Island Candies (yummy cookies!). I had 3 because I couldn't resist. The weekend went by like a blur. I swear weekends are getting shorter and shorter. I pigged out on Fried chicken and sushi on Sunday. Thank God I'm used to eating smaller portions now because I couldn't eat past a few bites. I did lose a couple more pounds luckily. I thought I would lose anything b/c Friday I weighed myself and I didn't go down.

Angie - Hey Girl! Heads Up! I do hope you feel better. I know exactly how you feel. I did the same thing a few weeks ago and read the same 3 numbers on the scale. You will get back on track because you are really strong. Remember we're all here for you. And the right time or house will come along sooner or later. Don't you worry!

Cal - I'm so sorry to hear about your fellow teacher. It must have been so hard. You are so strong and a great model for your students. They are proud to have you. I do hope things will look up for your school. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Noelle - Great job on staying OP! Hope you're feeling better and didn't shed any more tears! We have enough water coming down from the skies already! Happy thoughts indeed for this month ahead. I know we can all do it!!!

Cherie - Good Luck on that job! I know you will get it. You're much better than those other 10 people. I too am looking for another job. Hope something good comes around soon, but so far no such luck. Don't get too stressed!

Kempy - If you want to talk about old - me and Kelly hardly go out on the weekend. We clean the house and do laundry, and that's the highlight of the weekend. We couldn't even muster up enough energy to go to the movie theatres to watch Passion! Wonder what it'll be like when we're married!!!

Julie - Topic of the Month is Newness and I'm all for that! Definitely need to start off fresh - we can think of it as our January! Let's all get together and make this a very productive (and losing) month!

Well ladies - gotta go get dinner started. Hope you all get to catch the AI tonight with William Hung (I know you will Noelle!). Have a very good night and see you all bright and early tomorrow morning!!!

JACKS
jldg888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning.... I am here... stressful eating and all.... not even 8 am in the morning, and I had a PayDay candy bar and a diet coke. Today is when we find out the official fate of our office. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well at all last night... the past two nights have been bad. However, I have vowed to say here, and not run and hide like I've done in the past! :-) I'll keep you posted!

Jacks.. thanks for the words of encouragement with the job.... hopefully a formal interview will be set up by tomorrow. It's all the waiting and waiting that is getting to me.

Cal, I am so sorry to hear about your fellow teacher.. what a shock that must have been for you and your students. My prayers go out to all of you.

Noelle and Angie.... right there with you with the tears... I am such an emotional person anyway.. it doesn't take much... usually a sappy commerical can do it! ;-) One day at a time is a great way to look at it... don't stress out about tomorrow.... I will try to do that... however, I think I picked a bad day to focus on. It was one of those days that I just didn't want to crawl out of bed.

Good Morning to Kempy, Julie and Anna...... I'll check in later girls!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:32 PM   #14  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good afternoon everybody. We went out of town today to see if there were any rentals in Camden on the coast but no luck. We have decided to keep the house up for sale with a high price on it without the bakery and if it sells that way then good more money for me but if it doesnt then we are going to save like we have never saved before and try to get a good nest egg and move South in the next couple of years. It is so hard to plan while the kids are still so dependent on us because it needs to be safe with schools that are relatively violence free and where I would feel safe leaving them alone while I worked. That seems to be hard to find in any place other than Maine. People up here dont even lock there doors and when something bad happens it makes the news for days. It is a pretty sheltered life.

I made it through last night. The scales dropped down to 173 this morning so alot of yesterday was water but I still gots a long way to go. Today on the other hand is rainy and yucky and I want to bake cookies and stuff for me(plus while we were on the coast all I could think about was a lobster roll and some Chowda!!!)!! I did have some fondant with peanut butter and then I made myself stop but let me tell you when I have to glaze the honey buns it is gonna be hard. Jay is such an awesome cook!! I never liked raised donuts until lately but when they are still hot and sticky they are so damn good!! ENOUGH FOOD TALK!!!!

Noelle, I hope your day is going better.

Kempy, Where are ya today?

Jacks, Me and Jay are the same way. We go shopping on Saturday for groceries and then we just sit at home all the time. That is probably why we have a weight problem.

{{{{Cherie}}}} Good luck today. I hope you get the new job. I am sending good thoughts your way.

Cal, It is nice that the students care about the teachers in your school. It means you guys are doing a good job.

I gotta get back to work. Talk with ya later.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:23 PM   #15  

I am here I have just been busy with an order that just came in and I just finished eating lunch. Now I am sitting here trying to let it go down b4 I jump right back into things.

Cal I think I missed it, what happened to the teacher?

Noelle do you thinkit is b/c of all of the rain that you are feeling down?

Jacks we are the same as you guys usually. We normally just stay home. SInce i am off only on Sunday's we will stay in on Sat. night so that we can get up to work inthe yard on Sunday's.

Angie I think your ideas are good about staying put until you really find out what to do. I think there are lost of places that you can go that will be small enough for you guys. There are a few towns right around me that are the way you talk about.

Cherie good luck today!

Julie what's up girl?
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote