Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #46  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default OK -- let's get this thing going again

Hello! I'm so happy to see some people have posted and would love to use this thread as a support group, even if not really restricted to the Gabriel method. I think he's got a lot of useful ideas but I don't think we need to buy into the whole package to benefit from them. I'm a big believer in the power of meditation and visualization.

Would you be open to making this thread "loosely-based" -- or, conversely, to starting a new group with a theme yet to be determined?

I hope so!

Last edited by Arabella; 02-04-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 207/199/140

Height: 5'3"

Default So Far So Good

I have lost 8 lbs since I started with the Gabriel Method, 12 days ago.

I have been listening to the visualizations at night, and have watched some of the videos (visual version of the book) but not on a daily basis.

I have realized how much I was obsessing about food, either when dieting or not dieting, and have made an effort to stop worrying about it: clearly, that was not doing me any good. Still dieting, still overweight, still either gaining, or just maintaining, at best.

Now I don't think that much about it, other than consciously avoiding sugar, but not weighing or measuring or counting points or calories, and I find that I am not thinking about what I can't have, or what I want but shouldn't eat... and I am not overeating. I can only speculate that my body is letting go of what it's been holding onto, in starvation mode.

I thought about keeping track of what I was eating, just so I could see the difference, but it felt like I was concentrating on calories and portions and fat content and sugar too much, and that's what I am trying to get away from.

I will have to let my weight, and my jeans size, do the talking.
Dramatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #48  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Wow! Eight pounds in such a short time is amazing -- nice start! I think I'm going to start a thread for a more general holistic health-based approach, but the Gabriel method can be a very helpful tool.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:59 AM   #49  

I was just curious if any of you are still doing the Gabriel Method or anyone else on this message board and what kind of results you are seeing?
cowgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:31 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgal View Post
I was just curious if any of you are still doing the Gabriel Method or anyone else on this message board and what kind of results you are seeing?
Hi! I am doing it now and love it. I officially started about 3 mo. Ago. I had already lost 73 pounds on my own, now I'm down 97. The thing is though, I'd pretty mush been on it since last Oct. And didn't I was until a friend gave me his book. Glad I'd already kicked sugar 1st and already done the emtional healing I needed.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #51  

Default Reading the book again!!

Ive read the book once and tried doing the activities he sets out but my weight didnt change. I know what he says makes sense so im reading it again and starting from the beginning. I must be missing something as i havnt lost an ounce infact i feel a bit heavier!! And i struggle to visualise myself being at my ideal body weight let alone feel like im already there...anyone had this problem? Thanks Louise (with a naughty toy terrier called sheila)
Sheilathedog is offline   Reply With Quote