Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 05:53 PM   #1  

Thumbs down no sugar added pops? same as SF?

is this the same as when they say you can have sugar free pops?
I'm in phase 1 on my third day and wanted to buy no sugar added fudgicles and juice pops...but i wanted to make sure Im right in what Im buying and that its the same as when the book says sugar free....I ate a box of SF jello the other night and now am totally turned off by it!
on another note - i have to say making low fat turkey chili w/ black beans and low fat cheese and low fat sour cream is very good and filling. I've had it the past two days and it really keeps you going. i don't know why something like that isn't a suggested mean in the book. It just mixes it up a little.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:32 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry but "no sugar added" is NOT the same as "sugar free". The NSA ones have fruit juice in them which is not allowed on Phase I.
A box of SF JEllo? You mean dry or made up into Jello? I'd be turned off either way!
Old 03-01-2004, 06:44 PM   #3  

LOL! no - I made the jello! Thinking of me sitting in the kitchen spooning the powder in my mouth makes me laugh....I must look crazy laughing at my computer at work!
My boyfriend and I wanted something sweet and I had already had the ricotta creme after lunch, so I doubled the SF jello receipe and we basically ate the whole thing (hey..it's within the 75 allowed calories!)
but it was def. too much. I don't think I'l be having jello for a while.
Thanks for the no sugar added VS sugar free...I'll have to look around for pops with that label.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #4  
it's always something

I believe that no sugar added fudgsicles are ok, though, just not the juice pops. The fudge ones have a little bit of milk sugar, so they won't be completely sugar free.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:05 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Milk sugar, lactose, is fine on South Beach. Apparently it behaves differently from the other "ose" family as it has a glycemic index much lower than other sugars.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:14 PM   #6  

Angry

great!! Thank you both for the info. I'm going to get the no sugar added fudge pops, which I love...and stay away from the no sugar added juice pops.
thanks again for the help!!
Closed Thread