Old 02-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #300 Bale of Turtles Looking Forward to Spring

We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #2  
Chick

Having a good day today. Wishing you all well. and :
Itryharder
Judy
Old 02-28-2017, 10:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Goal to lose 30 pounds by May

wooah, where did our previous posts go? I'm still getting used to navigating this site.

So yesterday was a good day of point counting. I ended at the top of my points but still legal. I find that my points are higher on days when I'm busier and can't be around the stove to do veggie plates. Those veggie plates really fill me up, lower my points, and keep me satisfied. What I do is to put about 3 cups of mixed zero and one point veggies in a steamer basket (I use frozen this time of year) and steam them for a few minutes until hot but not limp. I use cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, green beans, about a 1/2 cup of corn, and 1/4 cup of edamame. When steamed I put on a plate, sprinkle with a little salt and about an ounce of cheddar or Parmesan cheese. The whole plate is 3-4 points. If I have it twice in a day I can really get my points down for the day. The smasher is that you sort of have to be close to a stove, you could microwave but I try to avoid that as much as possible.

I'm home today so planning on a lower point day with my veggie plates. Everyone have a delightful day.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

It has been warm up here the last few days but rain and lower temps are on its way - but was nice to have high temps for a few days.

I have a cold and have been laying low the last few days but doing OK with my eating & tracking everything.

Karen - your veggie idea sounds great & that would be very filling and low points. Good to keep in mind after having high point meals.

Judy - Glad you lost a bit - it all adds up. Keep up the good work.

I made devilled eggs to have on hand for my breakfast this week & it's a nice change from quiche & omelletts. With it I asparagus rolled in turkey breasts, trying to keep my carbs
abit lower this week.
Been getting in my walks even though I didn't feel like it with this cold - but the air actually made me feel better & the dog thanked me for it.

All - keep going in the right direction and making the good choices!
Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:17 PM   #5  

Ahhhh, I'm sitting here like a little stuffed pigeon. I had two veggie plates today and my total points came to 21. I am sooooooooooo happy!!! And soooooooooooooo stuffed. I know I won't be looking for any more snacks for the night. Yeahhhhhhhhh, 21 points!!!!

So here's what I did today: my usual evolv shake (2), veggie plate w/cheese (4), carrot muffin (3), banana (2), musili (4), veggie plate w/cheese (4) 1/2 of a corn muffin (2) = 21....burp!

I have a meeting in the morning and shopping in the afternoon so I won't have a veggie plate day tomorrow....darn. But on my days at home I'm going to try to repeat today's menu as often as possible.

So sorry you have a cold, Gail. There is a lot of it going around here too. It seems to be viral. Get well!!

I love deviled eggs!!! yummmmmmmmmmmy!

I'm going to go take my little stuffed self to the sofa and read my book.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #6  
Chick

Still Karen,
Our posts are all there but on the last thread (#299). They don't go away. They stay together in their thread. (or group of posts)

I started thread #300 and am so glad you saw it. I started the new thread #300 because we had accumulated a lot of posts and it seemed like a good thing to do.

Glad you are back to your veggie plates. They do sound both delish and low points. Weigh to go!

Gail, sorry about the cold. I always forget how miserable a cold is until I get the next one. Hope you feel great soon, but very happy your food is on track. I love deviled eggs too.

Today's menu is all planned out. Here it is: 1 oz. of cheese, egg white/spinach omelet, tuna salad on 60 cal. pita, orange and almonds for snack, spaghetti squash and soy burger topped with cheese for dinner. Have a great day and keep on posting!
Judy
Old 03-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #7  

Morning ladies

I am feeling much better & got in a big walk last night when I got home from work & before dinner.

Today my menus is B = devilled egg, turkey breast, ham slices with asparagus. L = greek salad, chicken breast. S = leftover steak & chicken, mashed cauliflower with cream cheese & green beans. So should be a good day.

Our weather is crazy - heavy rain overnight and todays high is 16 C, then tomorrow -7 C with is a swing of 23 degrees. Hard deciding what to wear, so do the layer thing for now.

Have a great day & keep on doing what works best for you.

Gail
Old 03-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #8  
Chick

Bandit, to you! Have a good one.

Today was a carb day. I plan to be back on track tomorrow. Have to get busy and not watch so much tv.

Still Karen, how are you doing???
Judy
Old 03-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, I got my head back on track. Got grocery shopping, picked up loads of veggies, and made three dishes for the upcoming week. I made a fake Shepherd's Pie, a Santa Fe type Chicken dish, and a salad w/loads of veggies and garbanzo beans and even the treat of a small amt. of Cheddar Cheese. All delish..............I like being prepared so that if I need to be out, I know something tasty is waiting at home for a simple meal. Even if my dh and I are out running errands and he wants a slice of pizza, I'll keep him company and enjoy a Diet Coke............a rare treat.............and eat my "real lunch" at home. We all do this differently but I know a New York style slice of pizza is almost 14 Smart Points and not worth it.

How are you guys doing??? Sending : and to brighten the day.
Judy
Old 03-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #10  

Good Monday morning, turtles

Judy - yes a carb day gets the better of me as well. Once you get going hard to stop - I find too many carbs and I am either hungrier or so bloated I feel like crap, then keep thinking
get back on track next day. Plus a heavy carb day makes the scale go up lots. Hope you are back on track now.

Karen - I hear you about the pizza points, so many things are so high in points & you aren't really full but use up a lot of your points. Planning ahead is key for me as well.

Yesterday, I made a beef stew (no potatoes) to have for a couple of suppers this week as well as a lighter quiche for my breakfast this week. I will a 1/4 each day Mon to Thurs which is
my work week. Lunch today is Caesar salad (no croutons) and some ham. Need to be light since yesterday was a higher calorie/point day than planned.

We have "family dinner" on Sunday and yesterday ended up being lasagna, oven bread and salad but of course I overdid the bread - but is was delicious.

Bowling tonight then home for a nice bowl of stew, looking forward to it.

All - lets have a good week.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:25 AM   #11  
Chick

I love that you do bowling night. Sounds like so much fun, Gail. Yep, I try to compensate the next day after a bit higher food.
I know it works because when I look overall at how I've done over the years, I am down about 50#. Of course I've got a lot to go and don't want to be stuck here.

Karen, how are you doing? The veggie plates you do sound very filling. Glad you found something that works for you.

Food good today. My new WI day is Friday and I hope to have dropped some of the carb weight I put on last week.

:: to all of us.
Judy
Old 03-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #12  

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my life gets so complicated sometimes. Sorry I've been gone about 5 days. Crazy around here. I bet your lives get that way too.

And when my life gets crazy I do terrible with tracking points so smack my backside, pick me up from the dust and get me back on the horse today.

I didn't eat like a crazy person on my 5 day crazy life but I was not on target with my WW points so today I've had a lovely NORMAL day and am reporting in with 25 legal points.............yeahhhhh!!!!

I didn't do a weigh-in last Wednesday because I knew if that needle on the scale moved up it would send me right to the candy bar counter so I just left the scale on the shelf. This week's schedule looks normal (so far) so baring any disasters I should be able to track a legal week.

Gail, I'm glad you are feeling better, great that you do the bowling thing, and our weather is crazy a few hundred miles south of you too. We had a thunder storm and tornado's in the area (only minor damage...thank God). That is an all time record for the state of Minnesota to have tornado's on March the 6th. The earliest recorded tornado in Minnesota prior to tonight was March 18 of (forgot the year).

Judy...you are such a good cheerleader. Are you still on your treadmill?
Old 03-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #13  

Morning ladies

Bowling was fun & my stew was delicious (even with no potatoes) I did have a slice of bread with it but didn't overdo it.
Got in a big walk with the dog when I got home last night, so great evening all round.

Made salmon fishcakes last night to have for my lunches rest of week along with a big salad - so looking forward to my lunch.

Rainy day up here but temp is higher which is nice, we had a cold snap last week & it was freezing. Temp suppose to drop tomorrow & Thurs with maybe some snow.
Oh well, for March it is still really good.

All - hope you gals stay on track, count your points/calories & make good choices.

Lets all drink some extra water today!
Old 03-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #14  

I'm not doing very well with my points. I'm not over eating (as in pigging out) but not staying within my dieting levels. I started volunteering with my library committee and we are doing a bunch of events at the school which is out of my eating cycle. It's messing up my whole food pattern. I thought this was going to be an easier week but I ended up having 4 pop-up meetings....blahhhhh.... I had McDonald's Cheeseburger and small fries tonight, a candy bar, a scone at the meeting, and Jelly Belly Jelly beans..........none of it was on my points plan.

I'm discouraged but determined so tomorrow is another day. And I think I should be home to hit the veggie plates.

You are doing so well!!! all your walking and bowling....good for you!!!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:34 AM   #15  
Chick

Yep, it's easy to "fall off track" and then be unhappy about it.
Still Karen, I am still on my . I am doing 1/2hour 4X week. I think I'll try to get it up to five times.
My food overall was good this week, but had a couple of lapses. I think I have to factor in the "lapses" as simply part of what happens in life. Now I will keep tracking and let the guilt wash away. Honestly,. I feel I'm doing the best I can with a lot of tumoil in my life. Trying to figure out when, if ever, I wasn't in turmoil about something. Guess what? Never happened. lol.

So, with these emotions here, I am thinking through ways to get thru the emotions without the food. Will I ever be 100% successful , maybe not, but I need to keep trying. I have to keep saying that I have lost and kept off 50#. Now to tackle the rest.

Gail, we've got snow here today after some beautiful weather earlier this week. Crazy.
Karen, whatever happens to throw you off, you know you can get right back on track. you can make this work.

and and to all of us Turtles. Chime in when you can.
Judy