Old 02-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Smile Medifast Journey 2017

Hi ladies-

I'm starting a new thread since we are getting--whoa--way high on post numbers on the former "Round 2" thread. The funny thing is that the OP on that thread dropped out at some early point, and several of us were complete newbies on Round 1.

All are welcome for support from our little Medifast/TSFL "village," and journal your individual progress, thoughts, disappointments, and victories with the scale!

I'm looking forward to continuing our journey together this year and watching every one zero in in their goals. More updates to come when I get back from vacation.

Last edited by TWINCA; 02-10-2017 at 01:31 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #2  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Thanks for starting the new thread, TWINCA!

Carmen! Congrats on hitting your 10lb for the month goal!!

I was hoping to sleep in this morning since my husband isn't here to wake me at 5, but alas, I woke at 5:30.... Going to be a long day...

Have a great one all!!

Cheers,
Laura
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Carmen ~

Way to go with your 10lb loss.

The part I liked reading about is how well you are managing through lots of "real" life events which has show you just how strong you really are.

Keeping realistic goal and staying on plan certainly have played a role in your success.

Super happy for you.

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #4  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINCA View Post
Hi ladies-

I'm starting a new thread since we are getting--whoa--way high on post numbers on the former "Round 2" thread. The funny thing is that the OP on that thread dropped out at some early point, and several of us were complete newbies on Round 1.
TWINCA - Thank you for starting the new thread! I have a request, though. Could you edit the thread name to just say Medifast 2017 and take out the Redux (sounds like a med they used to give out for weight loss That may confuse some new people coming in.
Laura had also mentionned earlier this way our new name would be all inclusive, too.

You sound great. I hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 02-10-2017 at 11:18 AM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #5  
Jesus, I trust in You

Carmen~ You sound wonderful! I am so happy for your 10 pound loss, especially because you hit your initial goal of reaching that number for your birthday on Sunday! Acceptance is a mind blowing experience! It frees you up to enjoy life without contantly worrying about the "when" you will reach goal. You are so much more apt to follow the program just knowing you will reach your goal if you follow the plan through all that life throws at you. Live in real life mode, not a Medifast bubble. Abide by the basic tenets of the plan and the weight loss will follow!

Have a blast of a birthday! You have already given yourself the best gift ever! Happiness!

A little early in case you don't get back on Sunday, February 12!

Old 02-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
I have a request, though. Could you edit the thread name to just say Medifast 2017 and take out the Redux (sounds like a med they used to give out for weight loss That may confuse some new people coming in.
Laura had also mentionned earlier this way our new name would be all inclusive, too.
Good point--DONE!!!

EDIT: ...or at least I tried. First post was renamed, but thread was not?

Last edited by TWINCA; 02-10-2017 at 01:36 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/156/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for starting up the new thread!

Today I finished 2 weeks! I weighed in this morning and had another -3lbs loss. So, I'm happy about that.

My next 3 weeks of Medifast foods came today. I was getting nervous looking at only two bars left in my cupboard!

I'm pretty boring when it comes to my Medifast selections. I just have a vanilla shake in the morning and peanut butter crunch bars for the other four. Every day. Day after day

Since this is my second time doing this program, I knew I pretty much hated everything else (food wise).

One of my sons is on a traveling baseball team. Today, one of the mom's booked our team to stay at a hotel with a waterpark for one of the weekends. I immediately felt this "oh crap" feeling come over me. But, then I realized that if I stick to plan, I WILL BE AT GOAL WEIGHT by this Summer. I'm so glad I started (re-started) this journey in January!

Thankful to have these boards to read when I need to. Thanks for posting everyone. I can't post much (due to toddler), but read when I can.
MamaRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:12 PM   #8  
Jesus, I trust in You

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINCA View Post
Good point--DONE!!!

EDIT: ...or at least I tried. First post was renamed, but thread was not?
TWINCA ~Thanks for trying! After the next 500 posts, then! At the rate we are all posting it won't be long!!! Such a good thing!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #9  
Jesus, I trust in You

MamaRach ~ Wonderful two week loss!
Old 02-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #10  
Strength; not just Muscle

S/C/G: 284/265.5/200

Height: 5'2"

I read through most of the post from the last week. This is day 20 for me and I'm down 15 pounds. Yay!

Congratulations to everyone on their losses, on their strengths and on their commitment. Sometimes we concentrate so hard on the scale we lose sight of our other accomplishments. Our NSV (non-scale victories) are just as important!

Steph – How are you feeling today? I hope better. Stalling is frustrating. Could it be that your broth is causing some water retention?

Welcome PinkBerry! There are many of us here on round 2 or more. I’ve started/stopped a couple of times since I had fantastic losses in 2012. I think we learn from each experience. For me, I know that I HAVE to do transition before I move on to “regular” food.

PQ – You been on the program for about a week, now? Have you had any other night time sick days? I won’t ask about your medical info, but I can tell you that for ME, my diabetic shots will make me feel sick to my stomach and chilled when it drops my blood sugar too fast.

Laura – Stay STRONG lady!  I tend to weigh almost every day and I always use the lowest weight for the week to count my losses. So, if I weigh 2 pounds less today, but up 2 pounds later in the week, I count 2 pounds gone. The caveat being that I have stayed OP and know that the weight can’t be actually going up permanently.

Sheila – I read about the reveal for your grandbaby...CONGRATULATIONS! I bet it’s exciting waiting for the new little guy to arrive.

Kwalk – You are right about drinking plenty of water in social situations and eating just a small amount of what is being served to feel less deprived. That is EXACTLY what I have done a few times in the last 3 weeks and it has helped me so much! The trick is, knowing yourself enough to KNOW you can take just one or two bites. If you haven’t developed that skill, then I wouldn’t advise it.

Joyce – You said you have a more relaxed attitude about weight loss and you are trusting the program. I agree and am right there with you. I allow myself a BITE here and there, and I don’t stress about not being perfect. I was sooooo strict with myself in 2012 that when I got off program, without transitioning, I went crazy with food because I kept thinking, “Oh, I can lose that in a week.” Well, a week turned into a year, turned into five years. Lesson learned for me.

Carmen – Congrats on the great losses! You’re halfway to your goal!!

Twin – Thanks for setting up the new page. I didn’t realize there was a limit on posting. Have a wonderful vacation!!

MamaRach – Congrats on two weeks in!

Whenever I’m faced with those “oh crap” moments of going out to eat or socializing, I try to make a game out of it and look for something that is on plan or as close to on plan as I can get it. Yesterday, my boss “dragged” me to lunch at Mandola’s (Italian) with our group and I had the sautéed chicken, asparagus and zucchini with a carbonated water. No salad. It wasn’t even a special order.

That’s the other thing I wanted to talk about…we need to quit thinking that we have to accept what is served to us. We need to become those annoying picky eaters! LOL!! Special order your food to suit YOUR needs. I bet none of you would serve someone peanuts if they had a peanut allergy, would you? Okay then, be demanding for YOUR requirements! If you have to tell some stranger that you have a food allergy to get the dish prepared the way you need it prepared, then so be it. Be your own warrior!!!!!! …being that some of us are Southern, that means we are demanding warriors with a smile.

Last edited by BanTam; 02-11-2017 at 11:43 AM.
BanTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #11  
Jesus, I trust in You

BanTam ~ I love your attitude! I know you are on cloud 9 - your 15 pound loss is fantastic!

I went to my Medifast Center today (closed last week) - I lost 2.5 pounds! And a new decade!!!

Persistence pays off! I was on "struggle street" for 1 1/2 days, but got off that exit ramp very, very quickly!!

I mentionned that I am in a group of four persons taking an 8 week course called "Food and Mood" led by a psychologist skilled in binge eating, as well as, helping those wanting to lose weight. We are really focusing on documenting our feelings before and after eating a meal. She is using a workbook called Appetite Awareness Workbook by Linda Craighead, P.H.D.

The week before we tracked our food and talked about what led up to a binge.
Come to find out, these urges "don't just come out of the blue." Even when we think they do.

Also we are practicing recovery after a minor or major slip up. Karen shared information on our last thread about her niece who lost over 100 pounds and has a plan in place in those circumstances. This has allowed her to maintain her loss for 4 years! Like I mentioned, there is a wealth of info in that last thread!!!

Everyone is doing so well - the enthusiasm is contagious!

I will be back later. I am going to LaLaLand -
Finally getting to see the movie with some new friends!

Have a great weekend!!
Old 02-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #12  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all! Checking in from Charlotte! Day 3 and I'm doing fairly well. I had a wobble last night. My L&G was at lunch and after work (I worked late too) I went back to my hotel and felt a little disconnected; wanting to go down to the busy restaurant or grab a bag of chips. I did neither.

Today is the biggest day at work and there is a ton of catered food. I resisted very well, except at the breakfast bar, I indulged in two slices of bacon. Later on everyone was ordering Indian food (which I love) and I did not participate (instead eating my mashed potatoes and chicken soup over the three hours around lunch). I took chicken samples from two of my co-workers but did not take any carbs. The worst was the corn chips someone was eating in the room because the smell drove me crazy. I figure this is day 28 of my journey and the first of not being 100% on plan so I'm not going to be too hard on myself.

Congrats to Joyce on the new decade!!! I am so anxious to get into my next decade!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Cheers,
Laura
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #13  

Joyce ~

2.5 pound loss is wonderful. The 130's!!!!

What a milestone you have reached with your persistence, acceptance, and sticking to the plan.

You are getting so close. So thrilled for you!!

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 02-12-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraRVA42011 View Post
Hey all! Checking in from Charlotte! Day 3 and I'm doing fairly well. I had a wobble last night. My L&G was at lunch and after work (I worked late too) I went back to my hotel and felt a little disconnected; wanting to go down to the busy restaurant or grab a bag of chips. I did neither.
Laura ~

What a great non-scale victory for you. So thrilled that you kept a good mind set and did not succumb to the pleasure of food that might not have been good for you.

Keep drinking water every chance you get as it will help to flush the sodium out.

Kudos to you for navigating this past week. It is HARD. Sticking to Medifast while on a road trip is commendable.

Safe travels.

Karen
Old 02-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #15  
Jesus, I trust in You

Karen ~ Thanks as always! You and all the wonderful members of our group have helped me immensely in my journey (which never ends, goal or not!).

I look forward to your weigh in tomorrow! I admire your simple approach to the program! May be hard mentally at times, but the actually "doing" the program is straightforward. The results are so worthwhile!

P.S. Could you edit your post - I am in the 130's!!! Out of the 160's! Gosh, it feels so good to write that!!!

Tags
medifast