Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #1  

Default Greetings from a 61 Year Old Jersey Girl

Hello, everyone,
OK, so I don't currently live in Jersey but I spent most of my life there and will always self-identify as a Jersey "girl".

I've managed to eat my way back up to 150 pounds and must lose 20 pounds for health reasons (arthritis is very bad) and I have fibro too.

I was doing OK maintaining my weight after losing 30 pounds but when my stepson died I just ate and ate and didn't care anymore.

I have to start caring again before I find myself obese and unable to walk at all. One of my challenges is that my knees are so bad that there are days I can't move, the pain is so bad, and I can't take my walks which I love.

Would love some buddies and would love to be a buddy too. It doesn't look like it's too busy over on the 50 plus forum - or am I wrong? Please tell me if I am. I'm looking for the right forum right now.

Anyway, it's nice to be here and I am looking forward to helping and perhaps getting some help too.

8dozen
8dozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:11 AM   #2  

Welcome! I am 61 and had a hip replacement (due to osteoarthritis) last June, which means no more running. I feel great (no more limping, no more pain) but running was how I kept my weight under 130, and now I am up to 140! I also had a tough year before the surgery when my brother was diagnosed with leukemia and died in eight months even though I was a perfect bone marrow match.

I think the Golden Girls thread in the 50+ forum is pretty active; maybe not a whole lot of people but they seem very supportive and post often on that one thread each month.

But my favorite is the Chicks Up for a Challenge forum. I like the monthly exercise challenge (set your own goal and post progress and encourage others) and monthly weight loss challenge (same principle), both usually started by GardenerJoy. You will find lots of activity and support there.

Hope to see you there.

Annie in Texas

Last edited by Tabbycat; 02-09-2017 at 12:14 AM.
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #3  

Thank you, Annie!
8dozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Round 2: 173/173/155

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!
wefrogy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
60 plus, senior