Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2017, 10:12 AM   #1  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Try this for your sugary hot drink fix!

Just wanted to recommend a surprisingly great tea to satisfy that sweet tooth with no guilt. I'm an avid drinker of tea with no sweetener (which as all tea drinkers know can run the risk of being bitter).

I happened to have a cold and sore throat this week fighting off sickness. Being sick sucks for me because instead of eating less like most people I typically eat more. To help with my throat I ended up making some "Throat Rescue" by David's Tea and my goodness is it ever sweet and delicious!!! Not what you'd expect a drink called "Throat Rescue" to taste like at all!!! And I don't put ANY sweetener in.

It's an Organic tea as well, unlike some of David's Teas, so you have that extra insurance of healthy goodness right there. It's made up partly of licorice root, cinnamon and mint and it's a great combination. I don't even like licorice but the sweetness of the licorice is fantastic. If you're craving like a hot coco or like a caramel latte but are trying to avoid them they this instead. It's definitely not a substitute for a chocolate or caramel taste...It has its own distinct flavour, but it is a good sweet flavour! Did I mention it's a herbal tea too? So if you're worried about caffeine, no need. You can drink this still.

I'm not sure what it would taste like iced If you're not into hot drinks... I'd imagine it would still taste pretty good, albeit a little unconventional!

Link to look at:
https://www.davidstea.com/ca_en/throat-rescue
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #2  

I'll have to try it!

I'm drinking Bigelows Salted Caramel tea. It smells excatly like caramel, and kind of tastes like it too.

Last edited by Harrypotterrocks; 01-12-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Harrypotterrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I like India Spice tea by Yogi. Very aromatic with cinnamon. No sugar but it satisfies a sweet craving easily.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:34 AM   #4  

thanks. Licorice root is a great herb. It can be very healing for certain conditions. AND it is sweet However, I do want to let you know that a side effect is increased blood pressure. So if someone has high(ish) blood pressure they may want to limit consumption of Licorice root.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #5  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
thanks. Licorice root is a great herb. It can be very healing for certain conditions. AND it is sweet However, I do want to let you know that a side effect is increased blood pressure. So if someone has high(ish) blood pressure they may want to limit consumption of Licorice root.
Oh thanks for the heads up, I had no idea! Good information for everyone to know.

I might also have to look into the other teas posted. I honestly think that tea is a great substitute to drinks like soda!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote