Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 07:55 AM   #1  
LaVidaLoCarb

Angry New ... Looking for Challenge, Support, or Buddy

Hi, everyone. My name is Emma. I am a self-employed mother of two children. I have tried low carbing before, but developed yeast complications. My doctor is helping me with it now to tailor my menu a bit. I have read the Atkin's book twice and many other bits of literature. I am looking to join a group, a challenge, or find a buddy. My Induction starts tomorrow and I am really nervous, but ready ... just would like a hand or two to hold. Thanks for reading this!
Old 02-28-2004, 09:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Emma and Welcome!
Well if your looking for support you've come to a great place. Everyone here is wonderful and you always have a shoulder to lean on, a place to vent and all the inspiration you ever wanted!
Just jump right in and post away! I look forward to getting to know you
Old 02-28-2004, 09:51 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Hi Emma I can't add much more than what Trazzie has written because it's all true and about sums up our group. They're a great bunch of people and you never run out of SOMEONE that gives great support. Believe me (I've got chocolate addictions)!!!! Welcome and post away
Old 02-28-2004, 10:18 AM   #4  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good morning Emma:

You have definitely found the right place for some serious support and a wealth of information. I'm glad to see that you have your doctor on board with your plan! Visit the daily chat and you'll find the inspiration, ideas, and support you need!!! Glad to have you here....
Old 02-28-2004, 10:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Emma, welcome to the board. As the others have said I hope to see you come visit the daily thread and feel free to jump right in. This place is even great on the "bad" days when eating doesn't seem to go right although we all have a tendancy to go away for a couple of days if we fell off program, it's a great accountibility piece that is vital to weight loss.

Tummy
Old 02-28-2004, 02:51 PM   #6  
LaVidaLoCarb

Talking What a Great Group!

Thank you so much, everyone! I really appreciate all this feedback. I really do need just someplace to come while I am going through the first few days of Induction, especially! I went to the market (just got back) and have stocked up on low carb foods using a low carb shopping list found here. I spent a lot, but I didn't want to have a craving and not have good foods on hand to combat it.

I'm hoping to be a positive addition here
Old 02-28-2004, 05:54 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Oh wait. We're supposed to be POSITIVE additions?? That leaves me out.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:28 AM   #8  
LaVidaLoCarb

Lady, too funny! Today is my first day and I'm going to do this!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:46 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Emma and WELCOME!

Its a small group here but a loving friendly one who will help you any way they can. We are so glad you decided to join us, but be aware, we can get pretty silly at times lol

Hugs and GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/201/175

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down

Good Morning Emma,
I'm not a regular member, I pop in and out when my boss isn't looking ....and I'm sure not a possitive addition but I do try. I'm not doing all that well ( 2 pounds since Valentines Day )but I'm told that any weight loss durning menapause is a mircale (yeah and I can't spell either ). But I do like these forums and just being able to pop in once in a while has helped. Some time just a giggle can break a bad mood and prevent the danish from going where it shouldn't be going!!!
So welcome, good luck and hope to see you hear now and again.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #11  
LaVidaLoCarb

Angry

Thanks again, everyone! I'm down one pound since yesterday, which feels pretty good. I'm looking for 2 pounds per week, but I am so envious of those who have lost 60 in just a few months. I am having some cravings, but doing pretty well. Hoping this becomes just second nature after awhile and that my demons don't surface!
Closed Thread