Old 10-14-2016, 11:08 PM   #1  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Default Getting Out Of the 230 and 220s

HERE's the link to the last thread in this series.

Down a lb or so today--a great way to get this thread started....I plan on riding that momentum through the weekend.

Let's blow this pop stand

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 10-15-2016 at 10:39 AM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone!! Miss you all! Here's to hoping you are doing well. Slowly catching up on your posts on the last thread. Keep up your hard work.

Last edited by kittens; 10-15-2016 at 10:17 AM.
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Found you all!

I hear you on the end of the week foibles. Who needs that, and I also agree this hanging out in this thread is a bit much! But here I am, in hopes that just might be the thing that spurs me to continue to watch what I am eating. I am hopeful today DH will go with me to work out, the kids are w/the ILs for the day (they miss the noise - HEY I will share!). I told hime I'd like to go and perhaps that will put us both in a good frame of mind. It's about time for us to take our photos of our weight, it will give me a 240 image to hang onto. I will continue to try and do as well as I can, perhaps it will be good changes for the better.

Happy weekend to you all. Here goes and perhaps a downward trend for us all in these two decades!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #4  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

I'm here!

Official weigh-in is tomorrow, and I'm dreading it!
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/220/180

Height: 5'5

Default Gettin back on track

Hellerrr! I'm new and my starting weight was 234 im now at 220 and i've been here for what seems like forever. My weakness is chips. CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS i lovee chips. I'm my own worst enemy. Anyway its time to take back whats mine and get it together!
momlife_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #6  

Jelly: Hope todays weighin brought you a bigger surprise then you are thinking! In the good way only!

mom life:
Welcome! Oh there's a bunch of us who have been stuck for some time in this thread - I am one of them. I just keep trying.

slash: Have safe travels and loads of fun chasing those elk!

Hello ALL!

AM: Well the scale was not too kind to me this am, of course probably was not how I ended my day w/the meal I had w/the ILS. Alas, at 242. My mini goal for the week is to just get the scale to start moving on down. So by Saturday I'd like to be at least 240 AGAIN.

DH and I did get to the gym. I have been using the recumbents as I have a hip that flares when I walk and/or push it too much. I had better luck when I switched to the nu-step for the remainder of my time. i hope todays schedule will allot me going again and I will try to do this for another chunk of time. It does lift my mood, and I have needed that for a long time of late I think.

Had a bit of yogurt to tide me over until late breakfast today after church. I couldn't sleep the moon was certainly bright here in the wee hours and it nudged me awake. So I am ready and raring and will sure crash at some point in my day when I least plan to.

Happy day to you all! I'll weigh again Tuesday less I put my mindset in a funk Monday for the rest of the week. Who needs that?!
Old 10-16-2016, 09:15 AM   #7  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

Blah, I gained 0.4 lbs this week. It's my own fault.

Last edited by JellyBelly1908; 10-16-2016 at 09:16 AM.
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Jelly, Lemon, SeeMyFeet and MomLife! Good to be back and tracking! I hear you all with your struggles with cravings. Ugh, hitting a super stressful couple of weeks and need to summon my best behavior to get through it. I also have found that I lose MUCH less weight when stressed. Argh. Back to yoga class as soon as I can I guess. Let's all keep traveling through the 230s and 220s together. Much luck until I see you all again.
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:02 PM   #9  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I got down to 218 on 10/14/2016. On to the next thread. Good Luck, Everyone!

VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 106kg/ 99.6kg/ 60kg

Height: 157 cm

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a good weekend. It went by quickly here at home but it was a good weekend. I wasn't as strict with myself as I should have been and I can see that on the scale this morning. Today, I am trying something sort of new. I am not usually hungry when I wake up in the morning so I don't eat breakfast. These past few days, I wait until lunch time or a wee bit thereafter to eat a freshly made salad... the ingredients vary a bit from day to day...but it's made of healthy food including two boiled eggs. Then I try to eat reasonably healthy the rest of the day. I have no idea if this is going to help me lose weight or not but it is healthier than I usually eat. I've lowered my calorie limit from 1600 down to 1300... hopefully, that will help.

Have a happy Monday!!
LittleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:58 AM   #11  

LittleCat: darn autocorrect changes everyones names as I type - so I apologize! If you see you are having hunger issues during the day, you may want to go back to a breakfast even though you aren't hungry. I keep reading that it can mess w/your blood sugars, and it's best to refuel in the morning. See how you go this week, but keep in mind you may need to add a breakfast back in. The salad sounds good. I have been trying to add those to my lunch time routine. I really need to thaw a few chicken breasts and get them cooked and sliced, the protein helps me in the afternoon I know and I haven't been adding that of late. Hence my need for sweets - at least that's what I am thinking it is.

kittens: oh, I know how it goes. This weekend was not good for me either. I am trying thats the best I can do!

jelly: Keep working at it, small steps. Complain here, we'll help cheer you on.

vickie: Yeah for you, may the weight keep flying off!

Hello all!

AM:
Yesterday we took DD to a play and of course part of her treat out was lunch out. Though I thought I made good choices my scale says otherwise. I will aim to go exercise tonight. I didn't go yesterday as everything hurt which is the downside of sitting on ones butt for a month plus rather than exercising. I read that if you give yourself 24 hours to repair then your body won't keep being angry with you.

I am going to work on getting below 240 this week and into the 30s. I'm hopeful but I am baking to load the oldsters in my lives freezers with sweet treats. They do a lot of depending on canned/frozen meals because they are only cooking for one and they hate leftovers. So to give them some baked items is a treat. The only problem is in the past I tend to sample said treats. Sadly that is part of my scale issue. Who can let something tasty past by? I need to, I need to get better with that.

So for all my excuses, my interrupters and whatever else I can call it -I aim to do better today. I will make a difference today and stay under calories even if it drives me up a wall. That's todays mini goal. That and my water. I didn't do that yesterday.

Happy start to your weeks!
Old 10-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #12  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

mmm..I love salad, littlecat. I have one for lunch almost every day. So, no, that alone will not help with weight loss--I'm the living proof! Any food in the evening will pile the missing calories back on me. In my younger, skinnier days, I never ate breakfast. I tend to have breakfast now to help deal with queasy morning stomach, and because of the reports that those who have breakfast do better with weight loss. Again, not working for me.

So the pound or so came back, then went away again this morning. Naughty little pound! I spent the weekend developing a "tracking device" to help me monitor calories, wieght, vitamins and medicines. I just wanted something simple, simple, simple, with as few clicks as possible and no logins. I ended up just setting up an Excel sheet on my phone. So now, I'm in obsessive compulsive accountant mode...the only mode that helps with weight loss, sigh....time to get busy...
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:04 PM   #13  

seemy: Thats one of the things I hate is micromanaging,but if I don't I go up. Hopefully you have found a way that works well for you and propels you far forward.

AM: Baking had to stop, oven fire. Got it put out, got to love aggressive drips. Holy cow! I did sample one of the things baked, but not the whole thing. YEAH. Hey, I have to take the small plus where I find it. I have soup bones on to boil for dinner. I thought a good beef veg soup would be a good thing for dinner (and no oven involved!). I can load it full of goodness and maybe take some of the benefits from the marrow that's included. Who knows.

My scale actually stayed fairly steady, not great but steady. So I have decided that reaching my 239 is just fine for the week. Oh I hope that becomes reality. Today I am managing fairly well eating wise. I hope too that the rest of the day works out that I can go move tonight. I will then try again tomorrow morn to wake early and go again. I just would like to be disciplined enough to make all these changes LIFE CHANGES and stick with them. That's my hard part. Sticking with them.

Heres to goodness.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:02 PM   #14  

I did it -I moved for 50 mins tonight and kept my pace pretty solid the whole time I was riding. I'm happy with it and strangely things don't hurt as they did when I'd ride the cycle hip wise which was even worse when I'd treadmill so I'm hoping I found a good compromise and it will work for me. That said my only issue was after I had been going about 15 mins it said my heart rate was only 62. I'm thinking it wasn't reading me well. Oh well at one point it did get to 134. So either I'm dead or it doesn't work. I do hope I see some scale movement tomorrow. Here's hoping.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:37 AM   #15  

Well I'm a tad disappointed w my scale I actually went up .6 from yesterday. I get it you don't see immediate drops while moving but I was under calories yesterday as well. I know I'm having issues w/my TSH being high right now but this is ridiculous. Oh well I'll go again tonight and ride. I do notice some things on the body feel better. I'll just keep it going.

Off to go see how the day turns out. You all do your best.