Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Starting over...again

I am at my top weight...210....four years ago I was 175 and happy with that weight. I don't know what happened....I just kept eating and here I am at 210.
Looking for any recommendations such as meal plans with normal foods, health snacks and so forth. I work long hours and horrible at making healthy meals...I am not sure I even know how.
I am not happy how I feel, I am embarrassed about how I look, I can't believe I let myself balloon up.
Sorry...went shopping yesterday and nothing really fit...it was a harsh reality.
sand2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Welcome. We are similar height. I know exactly how you feel! I started my journey to a healthy weight in May 2016. I am mid 50s. I am combining intermittent fasting and A LOT of road biking. It has worked for me so far. Good luck with whatever you choose.

I am editing to address your line that you are horrible at making healthy meals - that is a state of mind. Here are some ideas to get you started. Oatmeal (I sprinkle with flax meal and chia seeds), scrambled eggs (add some caramelized onion and green peppers), protein smoothies (add some spinach, flax meal, and ground oatmeal) are easy breakfasts. Lunch = can of tuna/chicken/protein smoothie. Dinner = bagged salad, steamed broccoli, a chicken breast (smash it, salt and pepper it, sprinkle a little lemon and pan fry it with a small bit of olive oil). Walk 2-4 miles a day to start if you want to add exercise. Snacks -- cut up veggies so they are always there and ready to eat. Buy some yogurt as a dip for them.

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 10-16-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Thank you for your suggestions....I like the foods you listed and can work with that. When you say a smoothie...what exactly is in a smoothie? I would love to learn how to make them...planned on buying a blender this week. I also see I need to update my weight time line from 2014!.
sand2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #4  

It happens to many people. Losing weight and gaining some or all of it back. Im starting again too. Key for success is motivation , at least for me it is. Once you have that, it gets a little easier. Just wish the results would happen fast. Nightowlrn gave good advice.
Last time is offline   Reply With Quote