Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #1  

Smile Hello from a nurse in the UK

Hi!! I am so pleased to have found this forum

I am 35 years old (female) from Spain but I live and work as a critical care nurse in the UK.

My stats are:
  • 168 cm tall (5'6)
  • Starting weight 90 kg
  • Current weight 87 kg
  • First goal weight 69 kg
  • Final goal weight 58 kg
  • Starting BMI: 32
  • Current BMI: 30
  • Final goal BMI: 20
<-- hence my nickname, from 30 to 20!

I am, right now, following a low carb diet called celebrity slim, which uses a lot of subtitutes for main meals like bars and shakes. I am happy with the weight loss but when I finish my products I want to switch to a more natural low carb diet (Atkins!)

My reasons to want to lose weight are health, vanity and I would like to become pregnant but I have PCOS and being overweight is not helping!
BMI30to20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/*tracker*/165

Height: 5'9

I just joined today and am already in love with this place!! Welcome. I haven't had support doing this in the past and I think that is the biggest factor in my failures in the past.
Sending you all the support and help you need!!!
nikkinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #3  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Welcome!!!!

I must apologise but I instantly had a little giggle to myself, while you are from Spain, the fact that you speak in kg made me instantly think NHS Nurse lol

I had to actually sit and decode every goal you put, and I am Scottish

So, I will give you just a little tip on this specific forum, there are some wonderful people in here who will really help you along your journey to success, however the majority are from the states which means I talk in lbs to them. I talk in stone to the UK page, and I talk KG to only a few random people. I hope you understand other weights as it might dishearten you when reading other posts.

I have lost 33lbs (15kg) slowly since January, I wanted to do it properly and sustainable. I use the My fitness pal app on my phone and I calorie count keeping low in carbs, salt and sugar. I eat as fresh as possible and drink lots of water. I do about 20 mins of exercise per day which is based on toning up and I try and walk for 30mins about 4 or 5 times a week.

Good luck! And I hope you reach some great loss goals
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/207/132 -- 98/94/60

Height: 5'6" -- 168cm

Hi, I've just joined...I'm an EDRN in Oz, how is the diet going?
Kailou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/254/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi im a nurse visiting Germany at the moment but live in Virginia. Im here to find my waist again and not lose it anymore. Intermittent Fasting works for me have lost 20 pounds. highest weight was 267 lbs... when i saw that i said never again. that was Christmas 2015. been on and off diets but currently at 245 lbs. goal to be at 200 lbs next July for Wedding Renewal of my son.
restoremyhope33 is offline   Reply With Quote