Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 07:44 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday, Firiday, FRIDAY!!!!!!

WOOHOO Friday is FINALLY here!!! I get to go get my bed (mattress & box spring) today. I'm SOO excited. Have never had a brand new one. I don't think even as a kid! So this is going to be cool!!!! The kids are getting dropped at my parents house for a while and we're borrowing my dad's truck so we can get it. DH's truck has a toneau cover on that some day we should figure out how to take OFF so we don't have to borrow people's trucks to haul stuff.
On a bad note: I've got MAJOR cramps and OMG the smell of my pits even after washing them is TERRIBLE!! I've gone to the Atkins site and after not finding my answers there I sent them off an email.

On a good note: The scale dropped off that extra pound I somehow put on. Um....I could probably tell you why but it'd gross ya all out

Hope you all have a great day !!!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:13 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Brenda hey if your going to gross us out by telling us how you lost that pound, I'm gonna post a picture of my broken toe.... NOW THATS GROSS !!! my feet are so ugly, dry skin and icky nails LOL.... shhhhhhhhhhh !!!! ROFL.

Have a good weekend everyone
Old 02-27-2004, 08:17 AM   #3  

Is this going to be a "lets see if we can gross everyone out today thread" And here I am with nothing disgusting to say

Wait....I do have allergies. I could talk about.....no never mind.

Down 1 today. Decided next week I am going to take control of the wine and start walking. I want to be down that 5 pounds by New York. I kept thinking of Star this morning as I was saying to myself ......TAWANDA!

Will check in more later.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning ladies....
And let me just state for the record.... if ya'll want gross, I can do gross quite easily.
Clinicals last night were a bit more comfortable than they were the first night. I don't know why I'm so scared of these people. It's absolutely ridiculous. Most of them probably won't bite me. The only patient I was even remotely comfortable with was this high school aged boy who came in pretty beat up. I couldn't understand why I was the most comfortable working with him until I realized.... Yeah, I work with this age group every day. I know what to say to them, I know how to handle them, and I know how to make them feel comfortable. Now, if I can just figure out every other age bracket, I'll be in fine shape. What really sucks are the mean people. I hate mean people. There was a nurse last night who got REALLY snippy with me because she asked me to take a warm blanket into a room and I said ok.... then remembered that our instructor told us we weren't to go into that room. So I had to run after the nurse and find her and she jumped all over me. I was sooooo thinking "Come on chickie, as if taking a warm blanket to someone is soooooo taxing that I would run after you and make up excuses." Was she REALLY expecting me to NOT follow my instructor's orders? Pfffft. I went ahead and told my instructor about it and she rolled her eyes and said that she'd have a talk with the girl.
I'm taking a "day off" today. Which means I'm still working during the day but I'm not going to be using all of my spare time to try to get those take home tests done or trying to memorize procedures. I also don't have class tonight. I just need a break. An entire day to do nothing (amazing how I no longer count WORKING as part of doing something) seems like heaven. Tomorrow I'm at the hospital alll day. Ugh.
Brenda: Congrats on the pound! Keep up the good work!
Jane: You keep up the good work too! I know you can drop those 5 lbs by your trip and you're gonna WOW everyone!

To everyone else (especially those who have prolly snuck in while I was typing this novel)
Old 02-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

You ladies are cracking me up first thing in the morning, that's amazing.

Brenda - Enjoy breaking in the new bed

Leenie - Pictures? Gross us out, come on! Hope that toe doesn't hurt too much and heals up fast.

Jane - Darn booze, it definitely did it too me too this last week of torture. More power to you!

TG - Hope your room's looking good and got more paint on the walls and not yourself.

So what's going on with me? Well remember about that patience and determiniation stuff paying off? Guess who hit 168lbs today. I'm doing a happy dance on the inside, ****, even on the outside. All that exercise is paying off. I'm just thrilled, great way to start the weekend, busy day at work as always, having a going away luncheon for another social worker today, dropping like flies they are.

Enjoy your day everyone, I'm on cloud nine.
Tummy
Old 02-27-2004, 09:16 AM   #6  

Tummy Girl: Way to go.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:57 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies. Funny stuff here today. But, sadly, I can't take part in it -- I have a lot of work to do today. It stinks that I'm expected to work during work! Ahhh, well. Congrats on the losses! Have a great Friday, everyone!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-27-2004, 11:04 AM   #8  
Head Princess

TAWANDA!

Hey everyone. Just dropping in real quick. Work is crazy and I'm working around 10 - 12 hours a day. Ahhhhhhhh, but the overtime pay!

I think I'm down to 141 today, but I'm afraid to hope that the stall is over, so I'm gonna watch it for a day or so and see.

Lesson for the day: pay attention to packaging! I bought a bag of pumpkin seeds this morning. The nutritional chart says it's one gram of carbs per ounce. I'm thinking this is great! And there's only 2 servings per bag. That makes things convenient! So I buy it and then take a closer look. This is a 5.5 ounce bag. The serving size is 1 ounce and there are 2 servings per bag. Huh? That doesn't make any sense! So there's one more thing to look for. Argh!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

StarPrincess: Do I dare ask what tawanda means? Hope your stall is over. I'm looking forward to the day I'm in the low 140's again. Of course,,,I'll be happy to get into the weight I want to be. I can dream--and maybe it'll become a reality some day!!

jdoggmartin: Doesn't it bite to have to work during work? I think there should be a law against it!!

Tummy Girl:Congrats on your WI!!!!! Bet that happy dance'll last all weekend

Shimma: That nurse sounds like a pain in the rump. Hope she gets in trouble!!! Enjoy your "day off"

jane8760: I'm glad I haven't tried wine lately!! I'd probably be in trouble w/it also

Leenie: Sorry to hear about your toe. Sounds like you need a pedicure--but nope, I'm not volunteering! lol

Well, I've got my 4 hours of blah work done. Went and put gas in my car, did some general shopping, paid a couple bills and even washed my car. But ya know what? I've got to go BACK to the stupid store. Know why? Cuz ditzy me forgot we don't have QUEEN size bed sheets for the new bed I thought we did but I can't find them. I plan on hunting a little more before heading back to the store in case I can find some. lol What you all got planned for the weekend? Not much is happening here. All depends on if DH has to work tomorrow (danged if he doesn't have to work pretty much EVERY weekend! GRRRR)
Old 02-27-2004, 03:06 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 6"

I swear today was the real Friday the 13th. Everything that can go wrong at work today did! TGIF!!! and it's over!! Today the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and it's warm! What a beautiful day. Maybe I can squeeze some time in today for a bike ride

Star - Keeping my fingers crossed for you in hopes your stall is over. Thanks for the heads up on the packaging info.. darn sneaky critters!

Jdogg - Hope you have a great Friday as well, try not to work to hard.

Tummy - Congrats on the WI.. Way to Go!!

Shimma - There always seems to be one in every crowd that has issues. You did the right thing. Hope your day at the hospital tomorrow improves a bit.

Jane - Good Job on the pound. One more down is always great! I'm sure you'll have no problems with the next 5 before your trip. You'll look fabo!

Leenie - Broken toe.. owie! Hope it heals up soon for you. My feet are not the most pleasant things in the world to look at either. Your not alone

Brenda - New beds are so fun! No more squeeks and a lil more bounce is always enjoyable

Well I should head off and try to squeeze in a workout. I would really love to get my house clean before dinner so I can be a lazy bum tonight You all have a fantastic weekend.

Last edited by Trazzie; 02-27-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:12 PM   #11  

Nothing to exciting going on with us this weekend. We have to pick up some friends that are flying back from Florida tomorrow morning then tomorrow night we are going to a Trivia Night at the Legion we belong to. One of the woman is putting it on for the Lions club. I had to talk a group of people into going. She asks us each year and we never go so I thought this year we should suck it up and go. It's for a good cause.

Sunday I want to relax, relax, relax. The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so maybe I will start my walking. I just emailed my surgeon and asked if I can start earlier than the 4 weeks he originally said. Hope he gets back to me today.

I am also going to work on my scrapbook pages this weekend. I am still struggling with the pages about my Dad and my grandmother. Sometimes I get so blocked.

Will check in before I leave for the day.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:50 PM   #12  

I'm having hard time to day. REALLY bad day at work. I work in HR and the corporate office screwed up everyone's paychecks AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to scream!
The stess makes it really difficult to stick to the diet. I want comfort carbs so bad I have turned into an evil wench today.

But on a VERY good note: I just want to celebrate my milestone of 50 pounds!!!! It wasn't all with Atkins, but I it is still a major milestone for me!!!! Yeah!!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 04:52 PM   #13  

hippychick77: Sorry you had such a bad day.....BUT 50 pounds WOW! That is awesome.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:26 PM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

Hi ladies just droppign by to say Hi and sorry i am so short today I am sick. Congrats on all the losses and Star for breaking the evil plateau. I have no voice woke up this morning sick. Tummy my room is looking good the burgandy /red on the walls is very nice, although I did have paint in my hair this morning when I went to work. I have almost totally forgotten about my TOM fest last night and hope it doesn't effect the scale in any way, but I am right back on track today.

Talk to you later gals.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:48 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Brenda - TAWANDA! is the battle cry of an empowered woman. Watch 'Fried Green Tomatoes' and you'll understand completely.

On hour 11 of work so far today. Even had a working lunch meeting. With any luck, I'll make it out of here before hour 13
Closed Thread