Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 05:43 PM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Smile ~~The Thin Group # 103~~

Hi guys, here I am and here I go!

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group!

We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2004!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Last edited by Sassy; 02-14-2004 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:00 PM   #2  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Ha Ha I beat Queen CJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey CJ where the heck were you??????? You must be a prune by now if you are still soaking in your tub. LOL

Anyways just couldn't resist, it has been a while since I have started a new thread, sure does get the old adrenilin going doesn't it? LOL

I am getting ready for my trip to good old California tomorrow morning for my ECKL'S training in Los Angles so I am getting excited now. I can't wait!

CJ-Sorry buddy, the devil made me do it. LOL I just sent you an email so watch your email box. How did you Valentine dinner turn out? I'll be Dick looked great in his snappy suit. Oh I just figured it out, that's where you are-at your Valentines dinner. LOL Hope it is a great one. I love the idea of a low calorie-low carb recipe thread, sounds great to me.

Hi Kolika, glad things are going well for you and you are back to posting with us again. Missed you! I know you will do great in whatever you do with this wonderful group.

Sylvia-Gosh I would love to see you while I am there. Too bad I wasn't nearer to San Francisco, how I would just love to meet you. You are such a wonderful person, a great wife and a good mother of Nico too. I am staying at the LAX Marriot from Sunday, Feb 15th to Saturday, Feb 21st. Than I am going to see my LA relatives and eventually my son, Alan in the Air Force and stationed at Vandenburg AFB in Lompoc. So I am looking forward to seeing everyone again and especially after the training is done and I can enjoy seeing everyone again. Oh yes and my name is Sharon Scobel, cause you will surely need that won't you?

Well that is all guys, better go get some things done for my trip.

Take care and I will post again in a couple of weeks when I get back from sunny California. I won't miss all this snow and cold weather we have been having. Maybe I will bring some of the warmer weather back to good old Indiana. LOL

Take care everyone, Love you guys, Sharon
Old 02-16-2004, 02:49 PM   #3  

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day!! I got to play cupid a month ago. I had a 25th year high school reunion back in November and met back up with a best friend named Patti in high school. She'd been divorced for 10 and said she couldn't find any decent men to date. At our family Christmas party, my most favorite cousin said he couldn't find any decent women to date. So I sent them up a month ago in January. Patti email me today and said my cousin gave her 48 sweetheart roses. So I was so happy for the both of them. So that made my day because I was able to help bring two people together!

Well CJ, I think the list the food thing is a good idea. But I think I will wait until tomorrow because I'd have to list Wendy's down!!

Happy President's Day Everyone!!!
Always kolika
Old 02-18-2004, 11:48 PM   #4  

Hi all! I am here, but I am not monitoring my eating habits at the moment. As you all know, Rob lost his jobs in December and he and I have been searching for jobs since then. He has had SEVERAL interviews, but nothing has panned out.

I have become an Usborne Books At Home consultant, and I am selling really neat childrens books, but I am just getting started, so it's nothing "stable" yet. I'm hoping to get going in full swing so that I can continue to stay at home with Ethan and Mary.

Speaking of Mary, I had her 3 month pic taken on the 15th. If you gals wanna see how big she is now, you can go to my web site and click on "Pictures" towards the top. If you have problems getting to Mary's pics, let me know and I will give you an easier way to get to them.

Again, sorry about the Xmas cards, I promise this year I will not lose those dang pics!!!

HUGS TO ALL!!
Old 02-25-2004, 07:52 PM   #5  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Whew!!!

Hi everyone - I know it's been awhile but this has been a tough 2 weeks for us! We've been trying to get our finances settled so we can purchase the adjoining 20 acres to our 20 acres up north and we've had a few glitches (long story so won't go into it) but thank heaven we got them straightened out and all is well. We now own 40 acres instead of 20 ... well, almost - we meet with my brother and his lawyer next Tuesday to "write hard on the check" and get a quick-claim deed. But, we have the money and that's good.

Sharon:
BRAT BRAT BRAT!!!!!! And I wasn't in the tub either - so there! lol Good job on starting a new thread - I did add the pom pom gal and the group of smilies - hope you don't mind. Susan made me a moderator for our group so I can do that ... and make sticky threads so they stay at the top - and also to keep an eye out for our group so we don't get any "not so nice" things happening in here. Hope you are enjoying your visit in California ... that's so nice that you get to spend time with Alan and your relatives out there. Did you get to see (or talk to) our Slyvia?? We'll have to talk on the telly when you get home.

Slyvia:
Hey girl ... how are you doing? Is Nico doing better now between the teething and the shots?? Hmmm ... brings back memories!

Kolica:
Sorry I desserted you in the food journal thread ... like I said it's been a stressful couple of weeks ... I'll probably start again tomorrow ... join me? Good job on playing cupid! I did that once for my girlfriend and a guy I worked with ... I stood up for them at their wedding - that was 7 years ago!

Desiree:
And how are you doing? I wish you well with your books venture and sure hope you and hubby find jobs soon. I'm sure all will pan out well for you. And please don't worry about the "cards" ...

OK ... time to go now ... have a headache and am going to lay down for a while ... Hope to see you all post SOON!

Love, CJ
Old 02-26-2004, 11:01 PM   #6  
CJ

Default Here I go again ......

... talking to the walls!!! It gets lonely in here with no one to talk to ...

Well, we just got home from the American Legion hall ... we became members last week ... I won $250 on the poker machine ... made up for my losing at bingo this morning.

Not much to say .. just wanted to say hello ... hope someone is listenign ... i know you are! You all better get in here and say hello.

Well ... off to soak in my tub bath ... talk to ya soon (I hope)!

Love, CJ
Old 02-27-2004, 12:36 AM   #7  
CJ

How come when you mix water and flour together

you get glue..

and then you add eggs

and sugar...

and you get cake?

Where did the glue go?

NEED AN ANSWER?

You know darned well where it went!

That's what makes the cake...

Stick to your/my rear end!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2004, 02:38 AM   #8  

Hello Ladies!

I know I haven't been posted in a while, I'm still watching my nieces and it's been leaving me with very little time for the computer. The weather here has been really bad. The other day it poured like there was no tomorrow. My parents have a shed thing in the back yard (the previous owner used to build race cars in there) that looks like an army barrack, well it flooded. I spent a couple of hours trying to sweep out the water ( 6 inches deep) and I finally gave up and turned on the water pumps. That was Tuesday and when I left today, I still had the pumps on. The Napa Valley is such a beautiful place but it always floods. The waves in San Francisco reached 40 feet high...pretty scary when I live four blocks from the beach. I wasn't there but I'm sure it was scary. Forget about eating well, I was just trying to stay dry!! I did sweep for two hours so that burned some calories. Running after my 10 month old niece who just started to walk and my 6 month old baby who is crawling every where was enough exercise for me. Only 3 more weeks before my parents come back!!

*sigh* Baby is crying....he's been very fussy the past couple of days so this is going to be a long night!

I will pop in again tomorrow when he goes down for his nap (hopefully)

Hugs to all-

Sylvia
Old 02-29-2004, 10:17 PM   #9  

Hello Ladies!

I'm popping in for a quick hello. I really don't have anything diet related. I do have a baby milestone to share with all of you. My little Nico pulled himslef up in his crib and stood up! My little precious baby is growing up so fast! It made me cry

GOtta run!

Sylvia
Old 03-07-2004, 10:05 AM   #10  
CJ

Default Howdie!

Hi everyone - wow, what a week here! We finally signed all the papers for our property so we now own 20 more acres of land up north (40 total)! I guess that should be private enough, eh? We came up to the cabin Friday .. well, it was beautiful 65 degree downstate but Gaylord is in the snowbelt and they still have tons and tons of snow! I'll have to take a pic and show you .. we have way over a foot of snow up here yet. We got up here at 2:30 and had to park out truck and trailer loaded with stuff from the house to store out on the road and trudge in to the cabin (about 1/10 of a mile) and the snow was just about to my knees with water underneath cuz of the warm weather it was starting to melt. Then Dick had to get out our front loader and scoop the snow off the drive, then plow and by the time he got that done it was already 8:00! Finally, we got to bring the truck in and unload stuff for the cabin ... then we parked the trailer in the garage for now. Still have to unload that this week sometime. Then, we find out that our freezer was not working because we left the refrig running when we were up here at New Years with the freezer full of meat, but because it got so cold here in the cabin the compressor on the refrig didn't turn on, therefore the freezer wasn't running and all our meat thawed! It's working ok now, but had to throw all that wonderful meat out! Oh well, live and learn!

Sharon:
I owe you email big time .. sorry, I just haven't been a good girl at all on emailing! Just got "reminded" of that from my daughter so I owe you a big apoligize and will get an email to you real soon! Hope you had a great time in California!

Sylvia:
You little Gino is really getting big - and so cute! Thanks for the pic.

OK gals ... I started a a new Weigh-in thread for this week - please join me and also a new Food Log for March ... hope someone joins me there also.

Well, gotta run ... hope to hear from you all real soon!

Love, CJ
Old 03-13-2004, 10:50 AM   #11  
CJ

Unhappy

Just checking in to say hello to everyone - I'm really feeling down about no one posting here anymore ... It's very depressing to think this group may be dying out and one day may be "no more" ... I've tried to start some weekly threads for us, but no one responds. Any ideas??? I really don't want The Thin Group to die out ... Hope to hear from someone .. SOON!

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 03-14-2004, 11:54 PM   #12  

Howdy Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello. The weather here has been beautiful the past week and it looks like it's going to be a another gorgeous week. It was 81 today so we decided to take the baby to the park. We walked around for 5 hours and had a blast. My husband took some video of me and the baby on the carousel It was not pretty. I am very determined to lose this weight before the baby turns a year old. Lordy, that video was an EYE OPENER! So beginning tomorrow, I will start writing down everything that goes into my mouth. I'll join CJ on the food journal thread.

Other than that, I had a great weekend.

CJ-Hang in there chickie, we'll give this group cpr if we have to rather than letting it die out. I know it's depressing but just hang in there...I'm sure the lurkers will stop by and say hello. Congrats on your land purchase.

Well ladies, I've got to run. Really tired. Nico has decided to start waking up at 3AM and have fun in his crib. That child is a bundle of energy and is another reason why I need to get in shape(other than round) before he starts to out run me.

Lot of love-

Sylvia
Old 03-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #13  

Howdy!

Here is a little something that I received in my e-mail. I know its not really diet related but it's cute!

The medicinal purposes of M&Ms

The Woman's Survival Kit

At the first sign of hot flashes eat the RED one.

Eat the ORANGE one to minimize depression.

The GREEN one calms your frustrations, when you want to be left alone.

If you feel a headache coming on eat the PURPLE one.

The BLUE one reduces bloating.

You can eat the"BROWN" ones ANYTIME!!

If all symptoms occur at the same time,

Eat the WHOLE DAMN BAG!

Last edited by aivlys; 03-15-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:54 PM   #14  

Here is nutritional stuff for diabetics. I'm sure it would probably be good for anyone doing low carb. I don't know, I hope it comes in handy for someone out there!

Sylvia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Step 1. Serving Size: Look at the serving size on the label.
All the numbers in the nutrition facts are based on serving size.

Step 2. Calories: Look at the number of calories in the label serving.
A serving with 20 calories or less is called a free food. If a serving
has more than 20 calories, go to steps 3 and 4.

Step 3. Total Carbohydrates: Look at the grams of total carbohydrate.
It is the carbohydrate in food that raises your blood glucose the most.
You don't need to pay special attention to the grams of sugars.
They are counted as part of the grams of carbohydrate. You only
count the grams of total carbohydrate.

In a meal plan, 1 carbohydrate serving contains 15 g of carbohydrate.
It is equal to 1 starch, fruit, or milk serving. For example, 1 slice of bread,
1 small apple, 1 cup of milk, or 1 small cookie has 15 g of carbohydrate.

How to count grams of carbohydrate in your meal plan.

Grams of carbohydrate Count as

0-5 g Do not count
6-10 g 1/2 carbohydrate serving or
1/2 starch, fruit or milk serving
11-20 g 1 carbohydrate serving or
1 starch, fruit, or milk serving
21-25 g 1 1/2 carbohydrate servings or
1 1/2 starch, fruit, or milk servings
26-35 g 2 carbohydrate servings or
2 starch, fruit, or milk servings

Step 4. Total Fat: Look at the grams of total fat in the label serving. In
a meal plan, 1 fat serving is based on 5 g of fat. If the label serving is
2 tablespoons of regular cream cheese and total fat is 1- g, you're eating
2 fat servings.

How to count grams of fat in your meal plan,

Grams of fat Count as:
0-2 g Do not count
3 g 1/2 fat serving
4-7 g 1 fat serving
8 g 1 1/2 fat servings
9-12 g 2 fat servings
13 g 2 1/2 fat servings
14-17 g 3 fat servings
18 g 3 1/2 fat servings
19-22 g 4 fat servings
Old 03-18-2004, 06:09 PM   #15  

Howdy Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. Nothing new to report....I did take the babies(I'm still watching my 11 month old niece) for a walk. It was pretty warm outside(95) so I didn't walk for very long....just 30 minutes. It's better than nothing!

My parents are coming back next Friday(thank God!) so I will be able to concentrate more on my weight loss efforts.

A friend of mine sent me this quote and I thought I would share

Lay hold of something that will help you, and then use it to help
somebody else.
- Booker T Washington.

I hope somebody else comes in here to post....I feel like I'm talking to myself!

Sylvia
Closed Thread