Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 07:55 AM   #1  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Default Chat Away! Thursday, February 26, 2004

Good morning all!

I work in the strangest school district. We don't get off for President's Day, but here I am with today and tomorrow off for, of all things, Rodeo Days! Yup, the entire town shuts down for 2 days so that we can watch the studs (cowboys) and their "studs" (horses, but not as cute as the cowboys) race around, throw each other and various farm animals to the ground, get drunk, and celebrate all things southwestern!!! You've gotta love it. A transplant from the big city like me finds it all quite humorous....

The working out is going well, and I'm finding that it's not just my body that is improving, but my general mood as well. Although I get up at an insane hour to do it, it's one time during the day that I'm not anyone's wife, mother, or teacher. I'm just Paula. Doing something totally and absolutely for oneself may seem selfish but I highly recommend it. And if it means that you have to get up way too early or stay up way too late....I still highly recommend it.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day, and I'll check in with you later. I'm in a posting kind of mood today!
Old 02-26-2004, 08:27 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Spedmom--you're complaining about a day off? lol. I give you credit for getting up earlier to work out. I'm a sleep hog--I take it when I can get it.

Well, the bosses are back today (boo) and I've got to figure out how to make 4 hours go by fast w/out anything to do. UGH! I've managed to stay away from the chocolate whipping (well, not counting that one time the other day). WOOHOO for me!! The scale is still up a pound but with TOM here I'm not sweating that one. Like I said, if it only goes up one pound during this time I'll be a happy camper! The weather is once again foggy out but if it gets as warm as yesterday I MIGHT just start believing spring is coming!! Well, DH said it's tree tapping time again. Which means the hunt for buckets is on for me after work. Maybe I'll leave work early again. lol. UGH...I just dropped my egg on the floor. What type of day do you think that means it's going to be?? I'm not really hungry but I KNOW that if I don't eat now I won't have a chance to until 1ish. I think I'm gonna have to bring some cauliflower and celery to work to snack on. Pity the person that talks to me face-to-face again. lol

Well, you all have a great day
Old 02-26-2004, 08:40 AM   #3  

Good morning.

Well shopping didn't work out like I thought. I did get a pair of slacks that are a 12 but not that excited since I tried on a couple of other pants at the same store that were 12's and couldn't get them past my big old butt!
Oh well, onward and upward or as our case may be downward
I was really tired last night so I just went to that one store and headed home.

I got on the scale a day early and it hasn't budged....and here I have been so good. That still amazes me. How I can be good as gold one week and lose and do the same another week and nothing. Not going to freak out. Still lookin good
I will hop on tomorrow for my official weigh in and take what I get. I am actually higher than my signature shows....I refuse to change it!!!!!! I am 162 today. I should change it though so that when I am down again to 160 I will have something to show for it......going to change it now.

Brenda: for forgoing the whipped treat. I don't have a sweet tooth so that stuff doesn't even enter my mind. Now if someone approached with a bag of Dorito's or something..........

Paula: Up her in MA we don't have any cowboys and being as stuffy as we are we celebrate Presidents day.....with car sales, furniture sales and white sales! Go figure. Congrats on the workout I wish I could get my butt out of bed early enough to work out...I'm lucky I can walk to the shower.

More later....got to get to work.

Last edited by jane8760; 02-26-2004 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Spedmom: Yeehaw! Rodeo Days, huh? You'll have to check out the cute cowboys for me, OK? Kids here get out of school for the state fair (It's in February) and for the strawberry festival and just about any other event that comes along. I can't believe how much they're out of school.

Brenda: Way to go at avoiding that whipped topping! You're doing great!

Jane: I can't believe how much sizes vary. Once you're in a certain size, you'd think all of that size would fit -- it's crazy!

I agree with Spedmom. Taking that time to yourself to exercise is a wonderful thing. Yes, it may be selfish, but it's a good selfish. You're doing wonderful things for your health and body. I love getting outside at lunch time and walking/jogging around the park. It is so refreshing, relaxing, satisfying, etc.! I miss it if I don't do it now.

Does anyone else watch "The Bachelorette"? I get so sucked into that show, for some reason. A friend got me to watching it a couple of seasons ago, and I can't stop. It's kind of cheesey, kind of unreal, but still so fun! I especially love it at the end when the boys propose! So cute.

Well, I'm off for another healthy day of eating right and exercising! I think all my good intentions are paying off and becoming habits! I love it!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 02-26-2004 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:47 AM   #5  

Jina: You snuck in on me .....good morning. I don't watch The Bachelorette but I have been getting into The Apprentice. I really don't like those reality shows but for some reason that one peaks my interest. I think I just like to here him say "You're Fired" as long as it isn't me.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning

Jina, I'm actually a survivor junky but that's it so far, heaven forbid I get into anything else I would never get off my butt to do anything else.

Jane, sizes so vary so much but that sure doesn't make you feel better in the change rooms that's for sure. I mean you're 10lbs lighter than me and I just got a size 10 pair of jeans, there is no standard out there, just guidelines I think. Keep up the good work though.

Brenda, hang in there during that TOM, whipped chocolate is evil

Spedmom, have a good yeha kinda day! Went to Wyoming two years ago for vacation (yellowstone) and ended up driving through Cody Wyoming on the way home. Was a bit shocked, there were hitching posts on the main street. A bit forgien to this city girl but it sure was an experience that's for sure.

So still OP still at 170, darn old fat, just like's to hang out. It took out a lease on my a** and it doesn't want to leave early, grrrr. Oh well, started varying my exercise a bit more and working out harder with more weight training too. This just gets to remind me that this last 25 is going to be a lot harder than the first 50 were. Gonna have to buckle down now.

Off to work, it's almost the weekend!

Tummy
Old 02-26-2004, 09:26 AM   #7  
Big Loser Wannabe

DOES IT HAVE TO BE MORNING ALREADY?? Ugghh, I stayed up till 1:30 a.m. stupid me!! I wanna crawl back under the covers & stay there, but unfortunately Ryan wants Mommy to stay up. Today the only plans I have is cleaning a house at 3:30, and then I am going to watch Survivor, and the Apprentice ( my two favorite tv shows ).

I did 3 miles on my Elliptical last night. I was disappointed because I wanted to do more, but my body just aches from a workout that I did from the other day. I still need to weigh in this morning. I hope its a good weigh in

Paula- That is funny about your school district closing for rodeo days!! Good for you for taking time for YOU to work out, even if it is late. I do all most of my workouts at 10:00 at night, and I love it!!

Brenda- have a good day at work

Jane- a size 12 is a size 12, be proud that you can wear a 12, I would absolutely LOVE to be into that size, or anywhere near it Try to not get discouraged about the scale moving, it happens to all of it. Just wait it out!! You have the right attitude though because you do look good, and that is what matters, right??

Jina - I have never watched that show, I am not sure why I havent. Have a great day

Tummy - "It took out a lease on my a** and it doesn't want to leave early, grrrr." That hysterical, I feel the same way!!

Have an awesome day ladies, remember to DRINK THAT WATER!!!!

Hill
Old 02-26-2004, 09:49 AM   #8  
Total Sass Bucket

Hey chickies!!!
Once again, the teacher's lounge beckons to me.... a pie, a cake, and 2 types of cookies today. I'm munching on peanuts right now trying to stay strong!!! I have one more lb to lose to meet my st. paddy's day goal and I am bound and determined to do it by the end of next week! My weight loss has slowed down dramatically, but as I've said before, I'm not sticking to under 20 carbs religiously anymore. Most of the time Mon - Thurs I do but then the BF comes home for the weekend and it's like the 2 of us go crazy.... but only on weekends. I don't get it. I still try to keep it to just ONE meal a day that I'm carb crazy and that works out ok.
Sped: Take some time and enjoy the fine sights of some of those cowboys for me. Yum! Way to go on the working out. I'm still trying to fit the occasional workout into my schedule here and there. I'll be so glad when my class is over. 2 more weeks after this one!!!
Brenda: Way to go on keeping away from the whipped topping. It's hard to give up those little treats though, isn't it?
Jane: Oh how I wish I could find even ONE pair of 12's that fit me. Be proud! And don't worry about those 2 lbs, they'll be gone in no time at all!!!!
Jdogg- have a great day
Tummy, you crack me up!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:09 AM   #9  
Princess in Training

Morning all

spedmom: lol....

Shimma: something that helped me cut back on carbs (when I was getting slippery about it and started to get cravings again...) was to do 2 days with fat fast breakfast/lunch and a normal induction type dinner. For instance: I'd eat 4 200 cal meals (high in fat) and then a piece of meat and salad for dinner. If you're having a hard time getting back into the swing, nothing helps me quite like higher fat. (for reference, a high fat 200 cal "mini meal" for me is 2 oz cheese (cream, brie, etc), 2 hard boiled eggs w/ tsp mayo, egg yolks, etc. It's basically all cheese--and the exception to the 3-4 oz rule, heh. Anyway, two days of that and I feel like a milllion bucks, the scale drops, and the ketostix are dark as possible even on 100 oz of water.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:19 AM   #10  
Total Sass Bucket

Thanks for the advice!!!
I've been eating higher fat the last few days... although not quite the same way you mentioned. I can't stand eggs anyway, can't even BEGIN to eat them. Ugh. It's also been that TOM this past week and so I have the munchies like there is no tomorrow. Things should get better/easier for me once I'm out of my class. Then I'll actually have the time to grocery shop. You guys should see my lunch today, it's pitiful.... and I can't get to the grocery store until tomorrow night!!!! Don't know what the I'm going to eat tomorrow for lunch!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:16 PM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

ok, sorry for the double but I had to vent. I was just in the teacher's lounge and we have a book guy that comes and tries to sell books to us all the time. Anyway, there was a low carb cook book in there. One of my fellow teachers picked it up and started looking at it and I mentioned that it wasn't that great because it just had a bunch of really simple (like, even I could have come up with them) meat dishes and no veggie. and she said "that's what low carb is, all you do is eat meat, those people don't eat veggies"
To which I replied
Old 02-26-2004, 12:17 PM   #12  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation I Can Speak - I Can Speak!!!

Well here I am at work, and I can "speak"...finally found a way to get to Explorer (they use Netscape here which sucks - I have been able to read posts during the day but unable to respond!). I am so thrilled

HI EVERYONE!!!!

Spedmom - enjoy the rodeo - that is so cute that you get time off for that!

Jane - congrats on the size 12s! Sizes do vary as you have noticed...and I would LOVE to be able to fit into 12s.

Jina - I don't think I watch the batchelorette but I think I did watch a couple of episodes of average joe in hawaii??? That's kinda fun....but I am also quite hooked on the Apprentice! Really hits home as I recently did my MBA and was part of a "team"...we joke and wonder how we would have done! Not sure if I'll catch it tonight as I may go to eldest ds's school to watch him in an air band contest (he and a girl are doing "barbie girl" by aqua, and she's Ken and he will be dressed up as Barbie! - maybe need to bring the video camera for this one!).

Shimma - BACK AWAY FROM THAT TABLE - ......as for the low carb ignoramus - I think a good swat over the head with a heavy low carb cookbook ought to take care of that little problem???

Tomorrow is a day off - yippee...altho my workplace has a fun afternoon off planned (lunch and skating on the canal)...I may be joining them for lunch (still need to do some team bonding stuff)....then in the pm/evening it's International Day at youngest ds's school. His class is doing a french song and they will be dressed up as lumberjacks - pretty cute I think.

Then the weekend!!!!!!!! No real plans...dd's hebrew school does the service this saturday at synagogue so youngest and I will probably attend as will her dad (my ex).

My eating has been pretty off kilter - okay during the day, but all **** breaks loose when I get home - what's with that? My commitment level seems to be wavering and I cave pretty easily......so weight is up and down as usual, same few pounds and I think I have not lost anything really in the last 2 months....my own fault I guess.

Other challenge is trying to plan a trip for March Break (kids get a week off here in March)......dh is almost begging for time off as he is very busy at work and I am trying to hunt down something that is not mega expensive (the sun and beaches of Mexico are calling to me ). Another option would be to travel w/girlfriend and her daughter (from Toronto) without our hubbies but with all our kiddies (her 1 and my 2 youngest)...how exciting would that be? Hard to find something that works for everyone....and trying to find a room to fit 5 is also a challenge. Her mother (in Montreal) is not well tho and undergoing some hospital treatments so in the end she may just end up visiting her Mom - so no trips for anyone! BOOHOO (Us froufs LOVE to travel).

Dreaming of a cruise as well, the "immature" part of me is - the practical side of me says bad froufie - no $$$ to spend on such luxuries!...but life is too short right?

Time to go hunt down some low carb lunch!

Later ladies!

Froufy
Old 02-26-2004, 01:39 PM   #13  

Hi Froufy......we missed you. Glad you are back.

Aren't we still missing some people? Where is Supersized....I don't think she has been here in a long time. Or did I miss something?
Old 02-26-2004, 02:00 PM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Yay, Froufy!! It's so good to hear from you! A nice trip sounds SO fun! I think I need a vacation... I think a "girls only" trip would be so fun! It would include lots of princess-like activities, for sure.

Jane: Yes, Supersized and Fullfig have been missing for quite awhile. Jamie is gone, too. They are very missed!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

jdoggmartin: I don't watch the reality shows. Of course,,,,I don't get control of the tv switcher so I don't get to watch much of anything I want to

Froufy: Hi there!!! Long time no see!!
Let us know where you're going for Spring break!

spedmom: Hi there! Hope you're having a great day
Shimma- Try not to linger too much into the teachers lounge. The woman w/the low-carb book obviously didn't READ the book or she'd know it didn't just have meat in it.

hillary29 Don't feel bad about the amount of exercise you're doing---you've still got me beat on that!! All I did was 15 situps

Tummy Girl - You crack me up. I know how frustrating it is though. I'm just hoping that the scale isn't going down because of TOM... and who the decided us women needed all these problems??

jane8760 - I've got a lot of jeans that say size 12...and don't fit. The levi's I've been living in (2 pairs actually) are 12's and fit decent. Not sure why ALL sizes aren't created equal. I think it's stupid. Good luck in the WI day!

Well, I'm in the middle of baking the clay the Brownies smushed into shapes yesterday. I'm not sure if I was supposed to use my baking pans or buy a special pan for it I don't usually use this pan anyway so it should be ok. This last batch will take forever because they're bigger pieces. It was fun though. When hubby gets home we'll have to tap trees. It's a great day for that!! I went after work and got a haircut. Didn't go to my normal place--went some place more expensive. But you know, it was well worth it. They actually (I think) cut my hair STRAIGHT!!! Guess where I'll be going from now on?? Well, I've got to go and call the cable company and complain a little..so I'll check back later.
Closed Thread