Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 07:25 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Wednesday - Feb. 25 Chat

Morning All,
I didn't get a chance to log in again yesterday so I have alot of catching up to do, unfortunatly due to limited time I'll have to wait until after work to do so.
WI day today was kind of depressing. I am at the same weight I was last Wed. I think that 1lb drop on Sat. was a fluke. So I am assuming I have finally hit my dreaded stall. I'm not going to let this get me down tho, I know Ive stayed OP, I know I've been exercising and doing everything correctly so now all I need is the strength to stay away from the scale this week and to just keep going. I think I need to work on my water intake as well, it's been ok but nothing to get excited about. I like to drink at least a gallon a day and I've been a tad shy of that lately. Tomorrow I take measurments so hopefully they reveal something the scale hasn't
Well I owe, I owe so it's off to work I go.. Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:31 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Trazzie: sorry to hear about the WI. I'm sure you've lost inches though Keep up the good work of staying OP though!!

Well, another day of no bosses today. YIPPEE!! It makes not doing a darn thing SOOO much easier. lol. I stayed on program (well, probably did a little overboard on the veggies again) yesterday. Yeah me!! No chocolate whipped stuff for me (so far). lol. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm up a pound. But TOM is supposed to be here today so I'm not sweating it. If all I gain is a pound when TOM is around I'll be happy!! It has gotten SUPER foggy out all of a sudden. I know they said on the radio it was foggy out but I looked out and thought "What they talking about?". Well, it moved in. Once again my youngest DD has a substitue school bus driver. Hopefully THIS one knows how to drive!!!!

Well, I'm going to meander through some more posts and see what information I can find You all have a great day and I'll try and pop in later.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:53 AM   #3  

Good morning.

Trazzie: Sorry about the weigh in also....Brenda is right, you are probably down inches so don't let it get to you. Keep going just like you said.

Brenda: I have no boss everyday....she is in PA. There is still a lot of management around me but none that care about me.
We have gorgeous sunshine today and are supposed to have that up to Saturday I heard. It is still darn cold but at least the sun is shining.

I again am doing great eating wise this week. I read the confessions thread this morning and realized I haven't had to post anything there in so long. Yeah me! The deamon wine is still killing me though. It is within my carb count for the day but I know it is slowing me down. Just feel like I am going to **** in a handbasket lately with the wine and sneaking cigs. My dh would kill me if he knew.

I need new clothes!!!!!! I still haven't really changed sizes in a lot of things but I know now that if I try and get 14's they are too big. Some 12's are still too small but I am getting there. I want to go shopping tonight. I really want a new pair of flat front boot leg chino's. I have this awesome dark blue jean jacket that I know would look so nice with them. I have it on today with a long black skirt and my staple white t-shirt.

Well, I haven't had my breakfast yet so I am off to toast my 1 gram 7 grain roll. I actually cut it in half so it is only .5 Of course the cream cheese I am going to spread on it will bring it back up! Yum......more later.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:05 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning
Old 02-25-2004, 09:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

Trazzie, hoping for the best with the measurements

Brenda, wtg with staying OP and no chocolate stuff, good to here and glad your seeing results because of it (your profile pics look awesome!)

Jane, aaahhhh the clothes, it's one of the best parts I dare say, enjoy, you deserve it!

Over in my little part of the world very busy, like tornado busy and therefore really haven't been eating enough darn it. And I can definitely tell it's having an effect, I'm at the same weight for what seems like forever although it's only been 8 days so I had to laugh at myself. Getting over ambitious again and with the vodka evening last Friday in addition to the other things no wonder. But my measurements are still going down, my waist is almost under 30inches, yeha! My midsection is losing most of the weight now which is rather nice for a change and when my hips start to cooperate I'll be in heaven.

Have a super day everyone who comes later
TTFN

Tummy
Old 02-25-2004, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Leenie snuck in on me there.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:22 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Theo'sgirl: Woo-hoo! You're on a roll! Congrats on the one pound!

Trazzie: It's easy to get discouraged, but as long as your making positive changes, that weight will drop off eventually.

Brenda: Way to go at sticking OP! Don't worry yourself about too many veggies!

Jane: Great job to you, too, for sticking OP. Now, please tell me where you find these 1-gram rolls!

Leenie:

Tummy: Congrats on the inches lost!

Wow! Lots of good news today! That's great. I'm feeling awesome, too. It's TOM, and I lost weight this week (I didn't think that was possible), AND I don't feel like eating the entire contents of the refrigerator and the refrigerator itself for a change. I'm not sure what is different, but I want it to always be like this... PLEASE!!!

We had severe thunderstorms here yesterday and last night, but it looks like the sun is coming out this morning. I hope the walking trail isn't too muddy. I used to look for every excuse to get out of exercise, and now I hate to miss it! What great changes!

I hope everyone else has a fabulous Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 02-25-2004, 09:27 AM   #8  

Jina: I wish I could tell you....I get them at my local low carb store and when I looked at the label they are made by a local company. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop on the numbers.....to good to be true. I don't do them that often so I am not going to worry.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:29 AM   #9  
Total Sass Bucket

hiya everyone!

I am on cloud nine! I had two messages on my answering machine from the doctor's office last night regarding my blood test. So I was convinced something was wrong, they usually don't call unless something is wrong.... BUT.... Everything is FINE!!!! Yay! I could probably run a mile at this point I'm so elated!! Yeee HAW!
Had my final exam last night for my class and it was soooo EASY. We start clinicals tonight, I' m so incredibly nervous.... AND she gave us 5 take home tests to do. This sucks. Just when I think I'm going to be able to relax and not worry about that class she pulls some other kind of busy work out of her
Ok, I feel better now. Trazzie, I'm sorry to hear about your WI. There will be better weeks, I promise. You just have to keep at it!
My weight loss seems to have slowed down... but then again, I haven't had the time to work out in about 2 weeks now. Ugh.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:31 AM   #10  
Total Sass Bucket

Jdogg, you snuck in on me!!! Have a good day!
Old 02-25-2004, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Morning!

Shimma: glad your blood tests were fine and yay for an easy exam! Good luck with clinicals tonight (are those practical tests?).

Jina: I love thunderstorms ... we sometimes get some real doozies back home in southern Ontario (probably because of the Great Lakes), and they are fun to watch ... especially the time when we were standing on the deck and saw the barn get hit by lightening! The barn was okay since we had lightening rods, but there were sparks flying, loud noises, crazy!

Tummy: congrats on those lost inches!

Jane: I wish I could find *any* LC roll, bread anything! But alas, it is not meant to be in this city.

Brenda: can't be too much wrong with going overboard on veggies, eh?

Trazzie: Don't get frustrated! Maybe your body is just adjusting to all that you've lost so far, so it's taking a break.

It is really nice out here today. The sky is a beautiful blue and it's a little cold. Although I looked and it said that it was -14C, which surprises me because it didn't feel that cold, I wasn't even wearing a hat. Oh well... ours is not to wonder why...

Nothing interesting at all is going on. Although some of the other councillors for my department (on the grad council) are frustrating me. I wanted to send out an information packet to all the students, but I needed their input on the letter, since their name goes on it as well. And if only of them gets back to me, a week late. The other one, who knows where he is. Argh. It's frustrating because I want to have better communication with our constituents (wow - that makes it sound official!) but it feels weird to do things without the support/approval of the other councillors. So basically, everything is too late at the moment. Bah.

Later!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:30 AM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!!!

YEAH JINA!!!!! you go girl!!!! Congrats on the loss!

Trazzie hang in there! The stalls are bad but when you come off of it the pounds just melt away...I am living proof of that.

Lady A: Have fun on another boss free day!

Jane Yippeee I love shopping be sure to tell us what you get!!! Your bedspread and bedding sounded devine!

Tiny waisted Tummy!!! Dang you go girl!! That is great!

Morning Leenie!!!!

Congrats Shimma on all of your tests! That is excellent! Sorry about the sneaky teacher though!

Hi lekker! Try to keep warm!!

Well I am off to work at the vet today, back in my comfy cozy little pharmacy. I love going back to this job every Weds. I can do it on auto pilot since I have been doing it for 10 yrs! But Comcast is getting easier too. I am gonna stay home from the gym tonight since I am feeling a little tired and one DS is coughing. Don't want to get to run down and everyone to get sick. I will check back in this afternoon after work.

HAVE a great LC day!!!

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 02-25-2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:15 AM   #13  
Big Loser Wannabe

Good Morning

This is just a quick post, I am getting ready to leave, but I wanted to post really quick The scales say 202.5 this morning, which is kind of disappointing since I was 201.5 just yesterday, but still its my fault for eating so late last night & for having pistachio's. I have had a good week, saw relatives that I had not seen in a long time, and lots of people noticed my weight loss. Have a great day ladies!!

Hillary
Old 02-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #14  
Baby Steps

Decided to take a break from work I hate it when people come in here and I'm not qualified to answer their questions or help. I'm not a licensed insurance agent so basically I get to twiddle my thumbs and apologise for them having to come back. So why on earth do I feel guilty?? I've noticed that I'm not rading the refrigerator this month either with TOM coming. Weird. I'm not complaining mind you. Maybe that means I'm getting the hang of this WOE?? Wouldn't THAT be something. If I could get my chocolate cravings under control?

hm....should I mention I pity any person that comes in about now? I've got broccoli breath
Old 02-25-2004, 12:25 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning!

Life is just out of control for me these days!

That darned flu bug cough thing.. I just am now starting to feel better! It is such a pain though! My whole family had it!

The good news is that I havent gained. THe bad news is I havent lost anymore.. but that is OK. I am going to get through this week and then back to the gym. Wlaking the dog helps though!

Gosh I miss you guys!

So those of you who are starting to deal with lent, how are you handline the No-Meat days for breakfasts? I had an atkins bar for breakfast this morning, and am thinking that my friday staple is going to be an omlete of sorts with spinach and cheese.. anyone have other suggestions?

to all.. I am going to check in later.. dont have a whole lot of time right now!!
Closed Thread