View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 12:47 PM   #12
karenrn

S/C/G: ?/139/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

Food within calories yesterday, credit. Just got back from hiking Bell Pass with no backpack. Tomorrow will be an exercise day off as we drive to the Grand Canyon.

For our backpack we will hike to Bright Angel Campground (Phantom Ranch) on Wednesday, and up the north Kaibab trail part way to Cottonwood campground on Thursday (2 nights). On Friday we will day hike to the north rim and back, then Saturday back down thru the bottom and up the Bright Angel trail to Indian Gardens Campground. There is a flat hike from Indian Gardens to Plateau Point where we will hike to eat dinner unless we are nearly dead or the weather is really bad. On Sunday we'll hike out to the south rim and head for home. The weather is so unpredictable. On the rim's which are between 6800 and 8200 feet it will be cooler and at the bottom it is more like Phoenix weather. We may even get some rain, but I hope not.

I didn't get the dusting done, so I'll do that as soon as I finish this note. I pick up my friend from the airport at 2:30. After that a quick trip to REI for any last minute items and to Total Wine to be sure he has the kind of beer he wants for tonight and Sunday night. We definitely won't carry any, too darn heavy.

GardenerJoy Your snack plan seems excellent.

Onebyone Congratulations on you sales and also for your award.

Bill I hear you about not wasting food. Sometimes we get a little long on produce and I finally have to say, "Would I serve this to company? If the answer is no, it goes in the trash" There have been times when I thought I could just clean it up a bit, but not anymore.

Nationalparker I think GardenerJoy's idea is good. There must be people who would be happy to come do the yard intermittently.

Waving to everyone else and going to go pick up the dust cloth.

If you don't hear from me for a few days, you'll know where I am. Might post tomorrow before we leave. If not, it will likely be Monday.