View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 06:19 AM   #2
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday - The Acts of Union join England and Scotland (Great Britain, 1707)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Did time at a brick and mortar store to buy some clothes for our trip to Florida this coming weekend. Ouch and CREDIT moi both. I'm looking forward to a surprise birthday party for my SIL, but hate that I'm expected to get clothes to do so. We may get to a beach. We will certainly see a zillion Brown Pelicans. But being sentenced to clothes shopping seems like a more severe penalty than necessary. Whatever rags I wear around here should be good enough for there. Nothing has visible holes or rips.

Eating was OKish. Meals did fine, including a pot luck dinner where I served myself one plate with space between the items - all vegetarian except for one lone shrimp that arrived with some sugar snaps and other Asian foods. I learned that there are folks who can taste if an apple has touched Styrofoam. Who'd have thought of that?

Mayor's Choice by one – Congrats that your pottery was selected by the mayor. And Super Kudos for three hours of walking with only measured eating.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Kudos for building up to on-plan!

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Am so jealous of your variety of hummingbirds. We only get Ruby-throated. Kudos for tending to your rental unit first.

maryann - Kudos for Day 4. [LOL at "White Fang could definitely use some editing." DW told me that Dickens published some of his works chapter by chapter as he wrote them.]

nationalparker – Ouch for a hard sleep on the floor. (Some hotels have a complimentary roll-a-bed available.) Kudos for limiting the home made chips. (NFL draft is a slightly sore subject with New England Patriots fans right now.)

Karen (karenrn) - You make me so happy that I'm not a fan of dates. Always neat to walk with friends.

lizardnumbers - Soups are great for feeling full with limited calories.

Readers -
Quote:
Chapter 6 Family Traps

#1: The Criticizer Trap

After four months of working together, Mia had lost nearly fifteen pounds. Now she was worried about how to handle a visit home to celebrate her father's birthday. "I'm sure Mom will say things like, 'Your clothes ar looking too tight' or 'You're not really going to have a second helping, are you?' The last time I was home, she came down to the kitchen around ten at night and saw me taking a brownie, and she said, 'I think you're just fooling yourself if you think you'll ever lose weight eating like that.' "

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., Deborah Beck Busis, The Diet Trap Solution, Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good (Blue book), pg. 107
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years and 6 months

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 05-01-2016 at 06:22 AM.