Old 07-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #1  

Default Maintainers Vol.19

Here is the new thread!

link to Vol. 18.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-18-a-35.html

Last edited by Rpulliam; 07-02-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Rpulliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #2  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Height: 5'6"

Fresh new thread for me to say - MAINTENANCE, baby! I started February 14 at 2015. My weight today was 154.7 (five pounds below my goal weight). Thank you all (especially Amber and Liane and all the ladies over at the 50+ group) for all your encouragement and guidance.

I can't believe I'm here.

YAY!

Last edited by marcibeaucoup; 07-02-2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: OCD.
marcibeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:44 PM   #3  

Rpulliam welcome! Just joining and then jumping in and starting a thread for us .... I was really touched by that somehow, thank you much. Congrats on all your hard work.

Marci wow - "posts all the dancy emoticons and big pictures of animals dancing".... fantastic. Can't wait to hear all you discover in these next months.

I'm doing well, looking forward to a needed 3 day weekend. I'm generally someone that really loves just having a quiet home day on holidays, but this weekend went a different way, and I find myself going to one of the biggest annual mountain parties in town with a bunch of friends, and honestly I'm ready for a bit of a good time. Already planning my 2nd glass of wine in two years... watch out front range, lightweight about to arrive... lol

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-02-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #4  
I can do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Rpulliam welcome! Just joining and then jumping in and starting a thread for us .... I was really touched by that somehow, thank you much. Congrats on all your hard work.

Marci wow - "posts all the dancy icons and big pictures of animals dancing".... fantastic. Can't wait to hear all you discover in these next months.

I'm doing well, looking forward to a needed 3 day weekend. I'm generally someone that really loves just having a quiet home day on holidays, but this weekend went a different way, and I find myself going to one of the biggest annual mountain parties in town with a bunch of friends, and honestly I'm ready for a bit of a good time. Already planning my 2nd glass of wine in two years... watch out front range, lightweight about to arrive... lol
Yeah! Good for you -- you deserve some fun.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Liana-
I just did this huge post about my macros. Then I hit post and it said "Sorry, this thread is closed!" Ug. I am trying to figure out my macros. I have just been doing a phase 3 diet and keeping my carbs and fats separate at lunch and dinner.
Bootros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #6  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hooray a new thread!

Thanks everyone for the welcome back. And congratulations Marci on surpassing your goal! What an accomplishment!

Have been holding steady through my first two weeks back on maintenence. Highest I've peaked is 175, which was after I ate a stir fry with soy sauce, so I think the salt got me. With water and a low-ish carb day I get back down to 173. I'm tracking everything, staying right around 1600 calories, keeping my macros at 30% protein, 20% carbs, 40% fat in line with the recommendations for an endomorphic body type (naturally broad, packs in fat around the abdomen).
This article was really helpful to me in understanding how to set my macros: http://www.ftsnutrition.com/macro-ratios/#.VZWch_lViko

Seems to be working so far! Still need to figure out how to get the exercise in.

Happy belated Canada Day to our Canadian folks, and happy 4th to the US! Anyone planning some good food for the holiday? I'm making a blueberry pie and some homemade ice cream (keeping my portion to just a taste...12 egg yolks this recipe calls for! yikes!).

Have a great weekend everyone.
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #7  
I can do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Hooray a new thread!

Thanks everyone for the welcome back. And congratulations Marci on surpassing your goal! What an accomplishment!

Have been holding steady through my first two weeks back on maintenence. Highest I've peaked is 175, which was after I ate a stir fry with soy sauce, so I think the salt got me. With water and a low-ish carb day I get back down to 173. I'm tracking everything, staying right around 1600 calories, keeping my macros at 30% protein, 20% carbs, 40% fat in line with the recommendations for an endomorphic body type (naturally broad, packs in fat around the abdomen).
This article was really helpful to me in understanding how to set my macros: http://www.ftsnutrition.com/macro-ratios/#.VZWch_lViko

Seems to be working so far! Still need to figure out how to get the exercise in.

Happy belated Canada Day to our Canadian folks, and happy 4th to the US! Anyone planning some good food for the holiday? I'm making a blueberry pie and some homemade ice cream (keeping my portion to just a taste...12 egg yolks this recipe calls for! yikes!).

Have a great weekend everyone.
Thank you Amber and PishPosh! (May I call you PishPosh?)

Thank you so much for the macros! My coach knows this program really well but still couldn't give me macros to plug into MyFitnessPal. That link is golden. Thank you!
Old 07-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Thanks for starting the new thread

Marci- way to go surpassing your goal and arriving at maintainence. You have done a great job going thru the phases. How are you feeling?

Pish - I'm going to check out the link you posted. Sounds like you found the right balance of food and calories for you. You seem more calm and confident in your post but I could be ready too much into it. Your dessert making abilities has my mouth watering

Amber - how were the 4th of July celebrations? I hope you gphas a good time celebrating with friends.

Happy 4th of July to all you American IPers. Hope the long weekend was a good one.

I had a nice active weekend, an hour bike ride friday night followed by a 3km run while kids rode their bikes. It was my first bike/run training, I see why they call it Brick training cuz your legs are heavy. Ran 14km Saturday and they today did a lake swim and 25km ride which was beautiful. Got out to a zoo with the kids and a splash pad today with them....is it bed time yet?? Feel more in control of my eating, not letting my eating control me is hard work.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hiya, all...
Bootros, I know what it's like to type out a long post and then poof, something happens & it disappears. AAAARGH!
Posh's post should help there with macros. I honestly don't even know what mine are set at and I ignore them, just watching that I get AT LEAST .5g protein per lb of body weight and try to keep my net carbs below 100. Fat - I don't even notice except as a ratio in each meal (lunch/dinner).

Jenny - sounds like a sporty-fun weekend! I bet it's getting busy in your area now with the PanAm Games coming up shortly. Watch that traffic, lol. Are you getting tickets to anything - Women's Triathlon?? Finals on Saturday the 11th.... http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Pan-Am-Tr...artist/1515847

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

Bootros My post just disappeared too but I think it was something "I" did on my end but I didn't say a nice word! lol

So I did a 5km run with hubby for Canada Day. My goal was to run the whole thing and no walk/runs (which is how i usually run), 1 km left and hubby decides he needs a 1 min walk. I slowly jog beside him because I promised we would finish together. 500 metres left and I force him to grab my hand and pull on him...HE FINISHES 1 SECOND FASTER THEN ME!!! I was so disgusted (in a laughing way). What a TURKEY! We signed up for a 10K race in Sept. I think my goal then will be just to have a good race. Maybe next year I can think about the length of time it takes me to finish but right now I'm keeping my goals smallish

Also, before I was pregnant I was approved for a abdominoplasty. I was told at the time I had two years to sign. In those two years I got pregnant, had a baby and release the baby weight....so I went back to the plastic surgeon this past week and apparently I don't have to be re-approved. SO, in the next 6-12 months I will have surgery. I told him to take his time calling me because I was just back in the game fitness wise and feeling like 'me' again. I'm super nervous and scared though...meh. I want it but I don't want to go through it to get the results. Typical hey?

Hope everyone has a lighter day!

Last edited by Ishbel; 07-06-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:35 AM   #11  

Ishbel let us know how it goes with the surgeon - I'm considering a similar procedure over the next year. I'm having a consultation next week so start my research. I'm pretty nervous about the after effects and recovery - don't want to cause any more long term damage.
Curious if anyone here has had plastic surgery, and their experience.

Liana saw on another thread you had been invited to the PanAm games - that's cool, even if you can't go. Hope you are well.

Jenny I liked reading about your 5K. I used to run a lot and stopped due to some pains but I think with the weight loss I might be able to do it again, my physical therapist says start slow, so I downloaded the Couch 2 5K app. I might not start it until August but like the idea of it. July is a nutty month for me so more or less need to "make it through" without adding anything extra on top.

Had a good relaxing weekend. As far as food not overboard but more calories than usual, and I went into the weekend already up 4 lbs from TOM. Didn't gain, but feeling fairly pudgy and it's not just my imagination, my clothes fitting tightly tell the same story. On a modified P1 today and cranky about it but glad to just force myself.
Even though July is busy I want to get back into my exercise rhythm, and at least do some basic moving around. Two of the things in July don't involve much activity, but next weekend I'm going to the mountains for swimming and hiking so that should be good...
Overall in July just want to dial back the calories a little and up the activity a little - nothing dramatic, just a slight shift, drop the few up lbs and get a little stronger.

Have a great week everyone...

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-06-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:39 PM   #12  
I can do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Thanks for starting the new thread

Marci- way to go surpassing your goal and arriving at maintainence. You have done a great job going thru the phases. How are you feeling?

Pish - I'm going to check out the link you posted. Sounds like you found the right balance of food and calories for you. You seem more calm and confident in your post but I could be ready too much into it. Your dessert making abilities has my mouth watering

Amber - how were the 4th of July celebrations? I hope you gphas a good time celebrating with friends.

Happy 4th of July to all you American IPers. Hope the long weekend was a good one.

I had a nice active weekend, an hour bike ride friday night followed by a 3km run while kids rode their bikes. It was my first bike/run training, I see why they call it Brick training cuz your legs are heavy. Ran 14km Saturday and they today did a lake swim and 25km ride which was beautiful. Got out to a zoo with the kids and a splash pad today with them....is it bed time yet?? Feel more in control of my eating, not letting my eating control me is hard work.

Woof. That Brick training sounds killer. I've just been doing Pilates on Daily Burn (dot) com and "running" on the treadmill. I say, "running," because I don't really run, I don't jog, I schlep. Heh. I do actually jog in a fast manner, but I run/walk because I've not run in a long time. I watch my heart rate and run until I feel like I'm out of control of my breath and then I slow down until my heart rate comes back to baseline. I'm not sure if that's an "interval training" mode or not, but that's how I'm doing it in any case. I run to the music on my phone, because I know I push harder to keep up with the beat. Jazz hands and everything.

How do I feel? Welllll. . . I had a "free day," which turned into "free weekend," of a "cheat" meal each day, and +2 pounds on Sunday, so I did a strict Phase 1 and I'm down 1.3 pounds this a.m., so I went back to Phase 3 and delicious brekkie. I was the person Dr. Wilkinson mentions in his videos -- the person who only had a coffee for breakfast -- from the time I hit puberty until IP. I am loving, loving, lurving the morning breakfast. I am amazed that calorie counting + exercise works for me now because lord knows it never worked for me before.

I was nervous going into Phase 3, but I am reading all of the "Maintainers" threads and I feel like I'm much more calm and in control. BIP (before IP), I never had "just one" of any no-no food. I had to consume everything in the package and it was scorched earth time in the pantry when I fell off the wagon. Now, I know I have this "free day" and knowing what to do when you have overindulged is so freeing.

I took all of the "big girl" clothes I had left in my closet and put them in bags to take to the thrift store (Store credit! Yay!) and I'm still sort of in shock that those elephant pants once fit me.

Overall, I am loving life and thanking [Deity] for Ideal Protein.

Last edited by marcibeaucoup; 07-06-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: OCD.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #13  

Marci the way you write is so entertaining. What do you do for a living? I like how you express yourself in writing.

So I have been pretty lame the last few weeks, not enough exercise and for me that just doesn't work - I start to feel bloated, pudgy, cranky, tired, down, etc...and today I was tired of the suffering and victim feeling to it all. My schedule is unusually busy June/July and haven't been able to make it to my usual exercise classes. So today at lunch decided not to wait until August to start my new experimental foray into Couch2 5K. I grabbed my exercise clothes and tennis shoes out of the trunk and went for my first run in a really long time. It was flipping raining, and I went anyway, and I just figured well work can handle me sitting at my desk with my hair damp (in Colorado it dries in 15 minutes anyway).

I'm tired of waiting for the perfect circumstances to work out and too many excuses, and my body doesn't want to do P1, I tried yesterday and it threw a fit - it's not ready to pull back calories, so the answer for maintenance for me needs to be to get stronger physically rather than eating less than my body wants.

I can do this program 3 times a week for 30 minutes, I don't have to travel anywhere just stick on my shoes and go. There's really no reason even with a busy month I can't do it.
My back and knees had a slight reaction but with so much less weight it was so much better. I used to run a lot and it was thrilling to be able to do it again. My physical therapist and chiro. said it's fine as long as I do a slow build and C25K is perfect for it.

So wish me luck, if my body can sustain it I might be following in Jenny's footsteps and running a 5 K in a while...

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-07-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #14  
I can do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Marci the way you write is so entertaining. What do you do for a living? I like how you express yourself in writing.

So I have been pretty lame the last few weeks, not enough exercise and for me that just doesn't work - I start to feel bloated, pudgy, cranky, tired, down, etc...and today I was tired of the suffering and victim feeling to it all. My schedule is unusually busy June/July and haven't been able to make it to my usual exercise classes. So today at lunch decided not to wait until August to start my new experimental foray into Couch2 5K. I grabbed my exercise clothes and tennis shoes out of the trunk and went for my first run in a really long time. It was flipping raining, and I went anyway, and I just figured well work can handle me sitting at my desk with my hair damp (in Colorado it dries in 15 minutes anyway).

I'm tired of waiting for the perfect circumstances to work out and too many excuses, and my body doesn't want to do P1, I tried yesterday and it threw a fit - it's not ready to pull back calories, so the answer for maintenance for me needs to be to get stronger physically rather than eating less than my body wants.

I can do this program 3 times a week for 30 minutes, I don't have to travel anywhere just stick on my shoes and go. There's really no reason even with a busy month I can't do it.
My back and knees had a slight reaction but with so much less weight it was so much better. I used to run a lot and it was thrilling to be able to do it again. My physical therapist and chiro. said it's fine as long as I do a slow build and C25K is perfect for it.

So wish me luck, if my body can sustain it I might be following in Jenny's footsteps and running a 5 K in a while...
Hey, Amber!

You are so kind! I don't write for a living, but I do transcribe legal verbatim for a living, so I type (exactly) what people say. I guess that makes me an expert in verbal tics but very little else, eh?

I, too, have sky-high levels of NOPE when it comes to eating chicken breasts over salad greens anymore. I guess I should have mixed up my food on Phase 1 more, huh? <snort>

You know your body and what works for you best; better than anyone else! Listen to your own body and you'll know what's right to do and when. Since I'm a "rode hard and put up wet" 50, I can't do military-style fitness routines, so I do the slow, turtle-y stuff. Pilates is as hard as I intend to go at this point. I also have a three-times-a-week date with Treddy, my treadmill, and my Google Music subscription. Sometimes I get all three done in one week. Sometimes I don't. I'm a firm believer that any movement is better than none.

Good for you for shoving yourself off the dime! You go, girl!

Last edited by marcibeaucoup; 07-07-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: I forgot something! Whoops.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Hi Maintainer friends! Wow - I went away for a couple of weeks and come back to find a new thread -- hooray! Still need to do lots of catching up so will post more later, but just wanted to say hello and welcome to the new gals!

Am up a little from extended vacation but am hoping those couple pounds do not stick around for too long. Have been getting lots of exercise in -- and lots of different kinds. Feels good. Distracts me from obsessing about the scale. Have not really been doing fun days, but have been looser with things like hummus, peanuts, tortilla chips and wine. Gonna get back on track now that I'm home.

Hope you're all well!
Mimi47 is offline   Reply With Quote