General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 02:38 PM   #1  

Default Which food log software is best?

Does anyone use any type of food log software? If so, which? I have used the free FitDay on-line, which I liked, but I would prefer to have the software on my computer rather than going through the internet. FitDay does offer software which I am considering. I am also using a free 14-day trial of Calorie King. I like it, but it does not contain information on as many nutrients as FitDay (only fat, calories, protein, carbs, and fiber). Also, I do not think they have a feature to add foods that you eat often to a favorite list as FitDay does. (You still have to navitage through the menu each time you add a food, so it takes longer.) However, I like the extensive database that Calorie King has--specific foods and brands. FitDay is more generic. Any thoughts or better software? And anyone using the FitDay software? (I do not think they have a free trial.) Thanks.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:27 PM   #2  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Default dietpower

have you tried www.dietpower.com

I have that on my computer and I really like it out of all the ones I have tried.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:42 PM   #3  

Hi everyone, well have made a few mistakes, but I am at least going bake to it right away. I will weigh in on Fri.
Say its my life, I went to the dietpower websight , did you try the 15 day trial first??? It sounds very interesting. Well take care everyone.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:49 PM   #4  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I tryed the 15 day trial and I really liked it. I have an older version but I am thinking about upgrading to the 4.0 version. Let me know what you think of dietpower.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:12 PM   #5  

Default My thoughts on DietPower

Actually, I have done the DietPower free trial. Version 3.3 last year, and recently I tried version 4.0. I do think that version 4.0 is better, although there aren't huge differences. Dietpower's major feature is that it estimates your metabolism and tells you exactly how many calories daily you should eat to reach your goal weight at your goal time. I ended up buying FitdayPC instead of DietPower or CalorieKing, and I'm very happy with it. Fitday is a bit cheaper and it little bit more user friendly perhaps than Dietpower. I just find that I like the format a little bit better. Fitday also allows you to input where you eat each item and why (you don't have to log this information but I choose to.) That way I can see what percentage of my calories come from food that I when b/c I'm hungry and how much comes from other reasons like "stressed" or my big one: "putting off homework."
Closed Thread