Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 09:24 AM   #1  

Default Chit Chat

Hi everyone,

There was a new person to the board wondering about a chit chat thread so here it is. Hope everyone is having a good start to a new week. I managed to go skiing this weekend and didn't need an orthopedic surgeon consult following it - I always consider that success!!!! My week is going to be very structured. I have had a week of staying the same and I want to kick start things again - I am going to do more exercise and food journal. I am okay with the exercise but have always resisted journalling. Wish me well....

Gina - your family pictures were gorgeous, thanks for sharing.
Jodi - how are you???
Everyone else - how are you staying motivated to keep living a healthier lifestyle? What a challenge for me. I think I will do measurements this week, that may help.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 02-23-2004, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

hello, all! i'm still around, just haven't been here in a few days. but surprisingly, it's not because i've been bad! i'm totally on plan! complete with achy legs and butt from the workout video i did yesterday. i'm just finding it difficult to do everything on the computer in the amount of time i have. which is better than being all caught up on here but having no time to workout or prepare healthy meals, right? right!

anyways, i weigh on wednesday, adn i don't expect it to be a great number because six days of good eating can't undo a whole month. but after that, the numbers will begin to go down again.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:32 PM   #3  

Good afternoon everyone!

Jenaya, good for you getting out and skiing! How did it feel after the stitch removal? Taking care of yourself I hope! I think that food journaling is a good idea. It really makes you realize what you are eating, and helps to pinpoint the why's....then you can make it into an "I don't think so"
I loved all of the photos on the other thread. I will have to dig through and see if I have any on the computer of myself. Does anyone else notice that they avoided the camera because of their weight, so you have very few of yourself? Need to change that!

It has been a long 4 days. My youngest came down with the stomach flu and has been having problems It started out as vomiting, and I sent all of my daycare kiddies home. Then she was fine the rest of the day, except for horrible cramps. The next day the same, vomiting in the morning, then ok, but with cramps. Then she moved on to diarrhea for the weekend. I felt so sorry for her, she is only 3, and she couldnt understand why her tummy hurt so badly. Thankfully today we are good to go, and she is 100% better Now just hoping that the rest of us stay healthy!

Jenaya, you would be so proud of me, I started getting back on the elliptical at the gym. I did a half hour on Sat, along with leg weights and then water aerobics. Another half hour yesterday, along with an hour long Body Pump class! I was so nervous, but I think I did pretty good. I only had to modify the class at the end when she was doing basement lunges. I thought I was going to die, so modified it a bit. I am feeling it today, though!

Tae Bo tapes arrived today! Does anyone else do Tae Bo?

Holly, congrats on being OP all week!

Little ones are going to wake up soon, gotta run! Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 02-23-2004, 03:45 PM   #4  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

OMG....another fellow Tae Boer!!!!!!! I love Tae Bo...because it is actually fun...and for me it is so challenging....but beware...you will soon find out that you have muscles in places you didn't even think you had muscles!!!!!!!! Good for you!!!! Jenaya does it too!!!!! Which ones do you have? I have the basic...and then two advanced videos that have not even been open yet...lol. I am so not even there yet...but will be!!!! Sorry about the little one being sick.....I know how it feels!!!!!

Holly...sounds like you are on your way to buns of steel! LOL!!!

Nothing really new! Same thing different day...lol. Actually, it is in the 40's here today...so dare I say SPRING?? No, not really I guess. lol. Plan on reading more of Dr. Phil's book.....and I also got Dr. Lawless (dr. Phil's former professor) meditation weightloss and excercise cd's. It is great!!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend...and a great week ahead!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 09:05 PM   #5  
missaprylj

I have Tae Bo too... but I'm really sick of it. (Have Basic, and after doing it about.... 40 times, it's really blah.) I did love it though, and I plan on resuming after my little break here, lol.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:27 PM   #6  

I have had a general hectic week with the kids off school and everything but this week should be closer to normal since they are back to school. I didnt make it to the gym this weekend cause my son came down with a chest cold and cant go in the daycare or the pool so mom cant go . hopefully tommorow he will be well enough to go to the daycare and pool. I miss it already!
Old 02-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #7  

Hi all.

Way to go on the exercise front. I having a rough time of it. Yesterday, I woke up w/ a sore ankle. huh? No bruise, no swelling ... felt a bit like tendonitis. It doesn't hurt MOST of the time, so I put an elastic support on it ... and it seems to be better.

This morning my 4yo daughter complained of sore ears ... she had no fever, had been telling me she didn't want to go to school so I figured it was a ploy to get out of school. She didn't SEEM sick ... then I got to work and began to develop a sore throat. It's gotten worse ... now I'm feeling guilty about sending her to school. I wonder if our thermometer might be wrong and that her temp of 98.6 was signficant. After all, I feel like crap and I just registerd 95.6. HUH!?!?

Something tells me we'll need to get to the MD tomorrow. Gheez ... I wish I had a family practitioner and we could both see the same MD ... but no such luck!!

On the plus side ... my thoat is too sore for snacking. I've been sipping ice water ...

I hope the rest of you are doing better than me!!!

Last edited by Step; 02-23-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:13 PM   #8  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Oh no....please feel better soon Steph!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 10:16 PM   #9  

Holly, fantastic on the OP week. Good for you!

Steph, that sore throat sounds awful!! I hope your hubby is home and able to help you out with the kids. Hope you are all better soon. So many flus around.

Jodi - I am extremely proud of you and your adventure with the elliptical. Now, you are a Tae Bo queen as well (she is part of our group now Gina...there is no going back once you try kick boxing!!). Apryl, you are right, it does grow old but heh, I can do it without the TV on I have done it so often. In fact, I looked like a right lunatic camping this summer because I did my Tae Bo in our campsite - couldn't have a day without exercise. Fortunately, no one called the police or had me committed. I did hide behind a bluff of trees! The kids do it with me. My little one will be able to hold her own on the kindergarten playground - between the fisher price flashlight weight training and her kick boxing, no one will mess with her...lol. But Jodi, the most exciting is your break into new numbers....YIPEE, you are doing so well. I am so happy for you. Way to go Levi girl! Yes, smartie pants, I managed to ski without busting my stitches area open (to all the rest I had surgery ten days ago on the back of my leg and I have been lamenting over my reduced mobility although I have managed to keep up with my elliptical). I had a huge wipe out on my skiis - shook the earth but didn't tear anything or, better yet, didn't break anything!! It must have looked quite comical because my eldest daughter had tears of laughter running down her face (after she knew I was okay, of course!). Jodi, sorry to hear about your little missy being sick. Hope she is on the mend. It is so hard on the little darlings, they just don't understand why they don't feel good. My little one was upset because she asked her cold to go away and it didn't. Good grief, how do you explain that one?!?

Gina, good for you with the Dr. Phil - you get your hands on all this interesting stuff! How do you find out about all of it? Hope that babe is still doing well. He has had a rough go of it. Hopefully all is well now and he and Mommy can rest up and rejuvenate for the celebration of spring which is right around the corner. 40 degrees - I wish, my dear! It was -10 today and I thought it was spring, in fact, I wore my spring coat as a sign of optimism (or stupidity, I am not sure which!!).

Bye for now,
Old 02-23-2004, 10:37 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My firewall doesnt leave me logged in long enough for a nice long response & I'm on my way out the door, but I'll be back later to update this, I promise!!

In short:

My old employer is a bunch of jerks.
I'm on a freaking plateau
My apt is getting cleaner.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i gained a bunch this month. four pounds. my only solace is that i was probably higher before these last days on plan. i saw 190 before i peed and i freaked. staying in the same range is a little safer.

david's promised to kick my butt when he can. i've promised to actually start counting, like i've been doing these last 5 days.

and i'm back to weighing weekly. i am just not accountable monthly.

i feel bad right now. i feel like none of my clothes fit (they do) and that i look HUGE (i don't, no more so than before). it's a blow to my self image and i will have to work to get it back. but i will.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:11 AM   #12  

I hear ya Holly! I've been struggling a bit lately, too. Shall we start a spring re-focus campaign?? My goal for this week is to log what I eat (and to log it HONESTLY!).

Anyone else in for a Spring season re-focus session?? What step are you going to take to "get back on track"?

PS Holly - don't be toooo hard on yourself! Afterall you have lost 55 pounds! Plus a lot of us have drawn inspiration from your dedication to getting to a healthy weight!
Old 02-25-2004, 05:01 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi all!! Just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

All is going well here. Sticking to my eating program, getting to the gym.

Hi to everyone!!

Love Ya!
Sandi
Old 02-25-2004, 05:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I like weekly weighing, too, Holly. I don't think I could stay OP enough if I wasn't accountable weekly. A couple of weeks ago I weighed at the gym, and was kind of up so I was a bit bummed. The next day at my regular WW weigh-in, I was down a couple of pounds and decided that I wasn't going to weigh more than my official weigh-in at Weight Watchers. Too many weigh-ins don't work, too few weigh-ins don't work--I think once a week is perfect for me.

Steph, I hope your throat is feeling better, and that you and your daughter are healthy again.

Kris, my spring refocus is to finish out Four Point February (only five more days to go!), and continue it as much as possible into March, April, May, etc. I must have a competitive streak because I really like seeing my name in the top five when Sandi posts the points totals.

I've got crocus in bloom as well as flowering quince and forsythia, and I saw some daffodils coming out in someone else's yard. When I was at the Y today, I saw one flower on a rhododendron. Must have been last week's warm spell. Anyone else seeing signs of spring?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:14 PM   #15  

Oh, Sheila, thank you!!! I appreciated those images of spring and I can hardly wait until they get to my neck of the woods. Holly, I am sorry you are feeling so rotten about things. You are and have done excellent, don't let a number on a scale affect how you feel about the wonderful person that you are! You will have a good week this week.

Cheers to all,

Jenaya
Closed Thread