View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 06:15 AM   #2
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday - April Fools tradition popularized (England, 1700)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Meals were OK, CREDIT moi, especially because dinner was leftover grilled salmon with grilled asparagus. I wandered out to find DW still pruning her shrubbery as dark was approaching to remind her that dinner was a tradition around here. "Ready in ten minutes," she assured me since it only needed to be popped out of the fridge. Each spring I need to get used to this again; she's lost in the weeds until she can no longer see.

Walked, CREDIT moi, to class where I learned how to drill a core sample in the bottom of an old lake to examine 15,000 years of pollen to study the changes in the environment since the last glacier retreated. Hard to believe that folks are counting pollen speck by pollen speck. There are no secrets.

onebyone – Kudos for recognizing the bottom line that drives us all, "I have deadlines to meet." Congrats that your window picture was entered.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Kudos for resisting Costco freebies - that's still a challenge for me. Ouch for the continued issue with the tenants. And Kudos for "Glad I didn't eat over it."

nationalparker – Yay for such a productive morning doing both your paid job and unpaid job at the same time.

Karen (karenrn) - Welcome home. Congrats for the royal success in establishing that you and your DH can do this again, somewhere else.

Ani (dailypractice) - Just love “NO CHOICE” - the reply to 1001 sabotaging thoughts. Ouch for the potato chip diversion. April starts a new month.

Readers -
Quote:
Chapter 5 Food Pusher Traps

#4: The People Pleaser Trap

Now it was time to identify the consequences Theresa would face if she gave in to her food-pushing mother-in-law.
  • "What are the costs to you if you say yes?"

• "How disappointed will you be if you eat off track for the rest of the day and undo your hard work from the past week? How disappointed will you be if you continue this pattern and don't lose weight? How long will your disappointment last?

• "What other costs will there be for you?"
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., Deborah Beck Busis, The Diet Trap Solution, Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good (Blue book), pg. 96
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years and 6 months