General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Thinking about trying intermittent fasting...any advice?

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some advice from anyone who's doing intermittent fasting. I know there are a bunch of different ways of doing it, and it's a bit confusing to me.

Does anyone have any tips? I'm kind of lost. *L*
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:50 PM   #2  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Snoofie,

Well there are many different windows you can choose from. I'd recommend going to you tube and type in intermittent fasting and listen to the various types and pick one, that you think would fit for you right now. That may change as you go. Variety will allow you breathing room to be you on this.....Hope this helps
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:05 PM   #3  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

If you google "Fast 5 diet" you will find a free e-book written by Dr. Bert Herring. It explains everything for Fast 5 or 19:5 eating. I eat from 5-10 pm every day and fast the rest of the time.

I've been doing it for a week, down 2 lbs and not having a hard time at all!

There are different styles. The ones I have come across are 5:2 (eat normally 5 days per week, eat only 500-600 calories for 2 non-consecutive days per week), 16:8 (fast for 16 hours and eat for 8 every day) and alternate day fasting. I think Fast 5 is the easiest to incorporate into your social life for a 9-5 worker like me. Dinners/drinks/holiday family gatherings are no problem.
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:07 PM   #4  

There's also just fasting one day a week. It's a pretty easy way to experiment with IF without making yourself crazy with calories counts and timing stuff.
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:43 PM   #5  

Default I've been doing this for a month.

I've lost 12 lbs. I do one day of 500 cals, the next day I est normally and that includes snacks. I am diabetic and was about to start on insulin, but now my numbers are down to where they were two years ago (and I'm eating carbs!). I know I may be a rarity but fast days are really easy for me and get easier the longer I do them.
gaia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7

I just came across this post on intermittent fasting for women: http://blog.kettleandfire.com/interm...ing-for-women/

It's pretty comprehensive. Goes into how IF affects women and men differently. Also has a quick guide into the type of fasts you can do. Hope this helps!
dhathaway739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Just started IF 5:2 today
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote