Old 03-21-2016, 06:08 AM   #1  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Smile WeLike to Move It~Move It! Join us if you have a Fitness Tracker: Fitbit, Garmin, etc

Hi everyone Our thread is about staying active & being Successful to have a Healthy Body, while using a Fitness Tracker to see how we are doing daily with the American Heart Association recommendation of walking 10,000 steps daily + weight bearing exercise 3 times a week. Supporting each others goals.

It doesn't matter which tracker you use, it's like the song in Madagascar says https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I
I Like to Move It!

So come join us getting fitter bodies together

Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:21 AM   #2  
Sandee

Hi everybody,
My steps yesterday were 9,408. I'm sure I hit over 10,000 but my Fitbit battery needed charged. I'm happy with that number because Friday I sat @ the doctor waiting for my appt & it messed up my day.

Laura & Trina, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Talk to you'all soon

Dee
Old 03-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #3  

Morning all. Steps yesterday were only 5,914 (25 active minutes ). Oh well, back to getting my commuting steps today.

Dee - Thanks for setting up our new thread for us! Good job in the steps. What did the doc say about your hand injury?? Soooo, am I right in wishing you : otherwise consider it an early birthday wish.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #4  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone

I love the title of the new thread I posted on the old one last night but will start using this one today. Dee so glad to have you back. How are you feeling? on your steps!

Laura

I'll be back later to post my steps. I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Hope you have a great start to your week
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #5  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

I would like to join! I just started wearing my step-counter again today, so I will report today's steps in the morning.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:32 PM   #6  
lovemylife001

Good Evening Everyone

tuscany Glad to have you!

Today's wasn't as busy as I thought it would be lol. Today's steps were 10,807, barely made it to my 10,000. Hazel and I only finished one walk today instead of our usual two. I hope that everyone had a great start to their week!
Old 03-22-2016, 12:00 AM   #7  
MissyJ

S/C/G: 141/140.8/120

Height: 5' 4"

Hi! I'd like to join. Thanks for starting the thread, miniDoodles!

Today my step count was only 6320. Hopefully I'll be able to "step it up" tomorrow!
bjm321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:33 AM   #8  
Sandee

Good morning
It was sunny but very cold here in the low 40's so I didn't take Sundae & MeeMee for a walk outdoors yesterday & we have storm warnings through Friday what a crazy start to spring

Monday's stat's from my Fitbit Charge:
steps 8,311
4 floors
19 active minutes
1,923 calories burned

Laura, Thanks for my birthday wishes & you remembering my birthday yesterday. Are you having a storm too, pLease be safe going to the train station this week. I haven't been at the Worldlie's thread since January, will you please pm me their current link so I can say hello to them. The orthopaedic doctor said I have a small tear in my thumb pad & extensive finger sprains that's why I'm still having in pain in my hand. No surgery, instead I need a specific brace & occupational therapy for a month then go back to him for xrays & get my hand rechecked.

Trina, WoW I love your daily steps you are always killing your calorie intake! Thanks for liking our new thread name; I love the cute song because it's soo inspirational from the Madagascar movie & we took the kiddos to see it at the cinema. I put the YouTube link here to motivate us with the animal's jamming it gets me moving

to Tuscany/Susan & to bjm321/MissyJ Thanks for joining! Feel comfortable to chat about anything & know you're with friends or vent when you need to because it's better to talk & release with moving than to 'stress eat' from emotions. What trackers or pedometers do you use? Mine is a Fitbit Charge I got last October for myself, instead of eating the Halloween candy that my thin hubby bought/ate all month

I typed all of this with my middle finger on my injured hand & it's screaming at me to rest now. Talk to you'all again tomorrow ps: On DWTS last night, Ginger Zee is a local home town girl that grew up a hour from me & has a 2 month old baby boy, she did great Several ppl basically walked instead of danced
Old 03-22-2016, 06:19 PM   #9  
Susan

Thanks for the warm welcome, Dee. My step counter is a GCC pulse. I received it when I participated in the GCC (Global Corporate Challenge) last year. The GCC is an international challenge in which many corporations participate. You form a team comprised of you and colleagues, track your steps and compete with others around the world. I hope your hand is feeling better soon.

My step count yesterday was 10,617. Today will be lower, since I awoke with a cold…runny nose, sneezing, plus a fever…and spent a fair bit of the day in bed. Yuck!
Old 03-22-2016, 11:26 PM   #10  
lovemylife001

Good Evening Everyone

Most of my day at work was spent sitting due to being on call regarding a systems problem. I was on the call for almost 3 hours while they tried to resolve, ugh. Today's steps were 10,067. We are suppose to get rain the next couple of days so I don't know if I'll be able to walk Hazel. I really hope so, she loves it and so do I.

Have a great night everyone I'll be back tomorrow!
Old 03-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone
I just recently re-enrolled in the forum after 40+ lbs gained I figured I need to start moving it and this thread seems like a good place to stay accountable.

I got a fitbit charge HR on Monday.
Stats from yesterday
10225 steps
44 active minutes
2976 cal burned

Looking forward to the journey with you guys!
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #12  
Susan

Yesterday’s step count was only 7,551…not too high, since I spent a fair bit of the day in bed with a cold, headache and fever. Yuck! I hope I feel better for the Easter weekend.

lovemylife: That’s a pretty good step count considering much of your time at work needed to be spent sitting!

GMNEVO & Dee: Both of you referred to the “fitbit charge HR”, which I’ve never before heard of (what can I say…I’m not exactly up to date with new technology!). I googled it and it looks pretty cool! My step counter only does one thing…count steps. I think I might pick up one of these fitbit charge HR’s once the Easter holiday madness is over. I especially like the “calories burned” feature. I’m sure it’s not 100% accurate, but it will likely be better than my guestimates.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:23 PM   #13  
MissyJ

S/C/G: 141/140.8/120

Height: 5' 4"

Dee, thanks for the welcome!
My step counter is a FitBit Flex. My dad gave it to me for Christmas (-- perhaps a subtle way of hinting I should get more active?). In the past few months I've started to use it. It counts steps and activity time; so far I really love it.

Yesterday my step count was 12,132, and today it was quite a bit lower at 5930.

Tuscany -- Ugh. I just got over a nasty cold too. Hope you feeling better soon! Dee- Sorry to hear about your hand and hope it recovers quickly!
bjm321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #14  

Evening all. Welcome to Susan, Missy, & GMNEVO! I have a Fitbit flex. If it gives out, I might just go back to my pedometer.

Hi Dee. Your hand injury sounds painful! I hope the brace helps it heal. I'll post the link for you. Great job on steps. It was raining/misting when I left work today, and it's a great night to be on the sofa w/ my fleece robe & throw. Bf didn't want to walk doggie today, but I guilted him into it, lol. Of course i had to towel off doggie when they returned! I like that song - I think there was a routine in Jazzercise with that song.

Trina - Don't blame you for not getting the dog walks in when it's rainy like this. Does Hazel get restless/antsy when she doesn't get her walks? Our guy Coal does, and he wants his walk no matter what the weather, so we try to never miss a day.

Catching up...Monday steps 9,403 w/54 active minutes. Tuesday's steps were 9,598 w/ 53 active minutes. Today's will be slightly less I think.

G'night everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #15  
lovemylife001

Good Evening Everyone

I hope that everyone is having a great week so far

gmnevo to our thread. Your steps are awesome

Tuscany Hope you are feeling better soon I also have a Fitbit Charge HR.

bjm321 Great job on your steps yesterday. My steps fluctuate as well especially on the weekend.

Laura Great job on your steps for Monday & Tuesday. Hazel gets really restless which causes me to be restless lol She's so hyper, she needs her daily walks. She wouldn't mind walking in the rain but I would lol. I just don't want her getting sick. I ordered her a raincoat online but have to send it back because it's too small.

Steps today were 12,256 I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great night everyone