Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See ticker! :D

Default WonderSlim 2016

I'm taking the initiative to start a new thread for 2016.

My fiancé and I just started WonderSlim this morning, and I'm very excited. He lost 50 lbs using NutriSystem a few years ago, and I've never tried a prepackaged meals plan.

We ordered 4 weeks of the Premium plan, and are splitting it between the two of us for two weeks, to start. We did all of our extra grocery shopping last night, so we're ready to go!

I love the 3FC forum, and all of the support. I lost a fair amount doing Ideal Protein alternatives a while ago, but have had a hard time jumping back on it. But I got all of my information from the great people here. Looking forward to getting input from the rest of you,and sharing our progress! Good luck!

Last edited by rABiDkittEn; 02-23-2016 at 01:52 AM.
rABiDkittEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #2  

Default Good start

Well, yesterday went well! The food we've had so far is pretty tasty. I've been keeping my food diary on MyFitnessPal and all of the meals so far are already listed on there, so that makes it easy. I went 21 cals over, because I misread and had a portion of dairy I wasn't supposed to, but I think I'll be okay.

It is planned so you eat (or drink) something every 2-3 hours, so this makes it easier to hold out and not cheat when you know it isn't long 'til you'll have something. I am much more of a savory person than a sweet-tooth person, so that's a little hard because there are a lot of shakes, smoothies and cereal for meal replacements. There are tomato soup and omelet options for those meals, but I didn't read the best reviews about those (in fact a lot of people hate them) so I didn't order any. (Oh, we're vegetarian, so that limits our soup to tomato).

Is anyone familiar with those meals?
Old 02-22-2016, 08:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/243/145

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for starting a 2016 thread!

I found the omelette meal unedible, but I eventually got used to the tomato soup by doctoring it up with some salt-free italian herb seasoning. Still not my favorite though. I also hate the cheesesteak pasta. The texture of the "meat" is never going to be okay with me. I may hate a lot of the food but I'm finding I'm losing a pound every other day at this point (with an hour workout in addition to dieting) so that is my motivation to go on!
ShepherdGirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/201/135

Height: 5'2

The veg omelet could be better. I bought two boxes and can't wait to finish the last one, I wouldn't say it is inedible. Just not good. If you want to change things up, try hot sauce on it. Makes it much better. The tomato soup I have no issues with. Blows the medifast tomato soup out of the water, so I am having zero issues eating that. I am actually having double tomato soup for lunch today. I am also a savory person and don't do too many sweets. I liked the cheese steak mac. The meat reminded me of a weird tuna but overall taste was fine. Again, I am coming from medifast so pretty much everything is better. I do miss the mashed potatoes though. I wish Wonderslim had a mashed potato replacement. My end of week 1 will be tomorrow but I blew my plan Sat night and Sunday quite a bit. I felt awful last night, so bloated and yucky. Vodka, fries, and smore's aren't exactly on plan, but today is another day and so far I am doing great. Goals for week 2, STAY ON PLAN 100% and get my butt up early in the AM to walk and start a workout routine. (Not a morning person so this should be interesting, but I can never get myself to stay consistent with after work workouts, so mornings should be better with less distractions.
I may not weight myself this week and just wait until week 2. I don't want to be angry at myself right out the gate, but want to remain accountable. The struggle is REAL!

P.s. Thanks for making a new 2016 thread!
katiepie7312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/250/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums and to Wonderslim. I started on Friday with my boyfriend, and we did a little weigh-in today just to make sure we were on the right path--I lost 5 pounds and he lost 9, so that's not bad for 3 days (even if it is mostly/all water weight!). It's nice to see the number changing, and it's really helping me stay motivated. My boyfriend is more measurement-motivated, so hopefully he'll start dropping some inches soon so he can stay on plan without issue.

We're both doing the Core plan, and I'm currently eating my lunch--vegetarian joe, one light multigrain bread slice, and some roasted broccoli. The vegetarian joe is probably my favorite meal that I've tried so far! I simply cannot stand the tomato soup, and I am not really a fan of the cheddar crunchers or the pretzels either. I am probably going to return those and ask for more vegetarian joes and shakes! I'm also considering trying the liquid fruit water stuff that I saw in their recent catalog. Has a lot of protein, and seems like the fruity flavor might be a nice change of pace in the middle of the day.

I started working from home about a year and a half ago, which is when my weight started to creep up. 2015 and early 2016 have also had a series of immensely stressful events for me, and I'm very much an emotional eater, so it's all contributed. I had some dental work done last Thursday which is still bothering me, so I think that has helped me stay on plan. Much easier to drink shakes and have little meals when it hurts to chew. I love having little meals every few hours, because I bloat easily, so I'm overall just very pleased with WS so far!

Happy to read more and exchange ideas, tips, and motivation! Go us!
kellythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:29 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdGirl42 View Post
Thanks for starting a 2016 thread!

I found the omelette meal unedible, but I eventually got used to the tomato soup by doctoring it up with some salt-free italian herb seasoning. Still not my favorite though. I also hate the cheesesteak pasta. The texture of the "meat" is never going to be okay with me. I may hate a lot of the food but I'm finding I'm losing a pound every other day at this point (with an hour workout in addition to dieting) so that is my motivation to go on!
Thanks for the input! Good job on your progress. How long have you been on WS?

We won't have to worry about the cheesesteak because we're vegetarian and it has beef flavoring, but for anyone else reading that's a veggie, they've got lots of options!

Thanks again for the input! I'm definitely going to try the tomato soup.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:46 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiepie7312 View Post
The veg omelet could be better. I bought two boxes and can't wait to finish the last one, I wouldn't say it is inedible. Just not good. If you want to change things up, try hot sauce on it. Makes it much better. The tomato soup I have no issues with. Blows the medifast tomato soup out of the water, so I am having zero issues eating that. I am actually having double tomato soup for lunch today. I am also a savory person and don't do too many sweets. I liked the cheese steak mac. The meat reminded me of a weird tuna but overall taste was fine. Again, I am coming from medifast so pretty much everything is better. I do miss the mashed potatoes though. I wish Wonderslim had a mashed potato replacement. My end of week 1 will be tomorrow but I blew my plan Sat night and Sunday quite a bit. I felt awful last night, so bloated and yucky. Vodka, fries, and smore's aren't exactly on plan, but today is another day and so far I am doing great. Goals for week 2, STAY ON PLAN 100% and get my butt up early in the AM to walk and start a workout routine. (Not a morning person so this should be interesting, but I can never get myself to stay consistent with after work workouts, so mornings should be better with less distractions.
I may not weight myself this week and just wait until week 2. I don't want to be angry at myself right out the gate, but want to remain accountable. The struggle is REAL!

P.s. Thanks for making a new 2016 thread!
Thanks for the input! Okay I'm definitely getting the soup. The shakes are really good and creamy, but a soup or two to break it up would be great.

Yes, today is another day! I'm glad that you all have checked in because I know I could use the support. I'm not a morning person either, and really need to add in walking to my routine. We just bought a new house directly across from a 2 mile nature trail, so no excuses!

Hang in there! I keep thinking, "A month will pass whether we are working on this or not. I want to look back in a month and be glad that I started."
Old 02-23-2016, 02:02 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellythecat View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums and to Wonderslim. I started on Friday with my boyfriend, and we did a little weigh-in today just to make sure we were on the right path--I lost 5 pounds and he lost 9, so that's not bad for 3 days (even if it is mostly/all water weight!). It's nice to see the number changing, and it's really helping me stay motivated. My boyfriend is more measurement-motivated, so hopefully he'll start dropping some inches soon so he can stay on plan without issue.

We're both doing the Core plan, and I'm currently eating my lunch--vegetarian joe, one light multigrain bread slice, and some roasted broccoli. The vegetarian joe is probably my favorite meal that I've tried so far! I simply cannot stand the tomato soup, and I am not really a fan of the cheddar crunchers or the pretzels either. I am probably going to return those and ask for more vegetarian joes and shakes! I'm also considering trying the liquid fruit water stuff that I saw in their recent catalog. Has a lot of protein, and seems like the fruity flavor might be a nice change of pace in the middle of the day.

I started working from home about a year and a half ago, which is when my weight started to creep up. 2015 and early 2016 have also had a series of immensely stressful events for me, and I'm very much an emotional eater, so it's all contributed. I had some dental work done last Thursday which is still bothering me, so I think that has helped me stay on plan. Much easier to drink shakes and have little meals when it hurts to chew. I love having little meals every few hours, because I bloat easily, so I'm overall just very pleased with WS so far!

Happy to read more and exchange ideas, tips, and motivation! Go us!
Welcome to the forum!

I love the sloppy joe, too! I'll definitely be reordering that.

If you're talking about the Berry Blast, we have some of that and I like it a lot. I made it with very cold water, and it tastes like Jello. We have our own shaker bottles that have the little mixing ball in them. I think WS should add those in to the bottles they send out with their kits.

I weighed myself, too, because I just had to. I did lose 5 lbs quickly, but I know it was mostly water weight. It's motivational anyway! I plan to not weigh myself again 'til the end of the 1st week. Or 2, if I can hold out!

Good luck! Hang in there!

Yes, go us!!!

Last edited by rABiDkittEn; 02-23-2016 at 02:04 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rABiDkittEn View Post
Thanks for the input! Good job on your progress. How long have you been on WS?

We won't have to worry about the cheesesteak because we're vegetarian and it has beef flavoring, but for anyone else reading that's a veggie, they've got lots of options!

Thanks again for the input! I'm definitely going to try the tomato soup.
I've been on plan for 22 days and I've lost a little over 14 pounds. I am surprised at myself, but I haven't gone off plan at all so far. But, I've also avoided going out with friends so I could resist temptation. In addition to the diet plan, I do use a stationary bike on a low resistance setting at an easy speed for at least one hour every day while watching tv or playing video games. I work out of my home and don't walk around as much as I should, so once I bought an activity tracker and really saw how little I moved all day I decided that I can only watch tv or game if I'm using the bike at the same time. I'm not sure how/if it's effecting my weightloss progress but I go on vacation in June and I want to be able to walk around all day without being beat.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rABiDkittEn View Post

If you're talking about the Berry Blast, we have some of that and I like it a lot. I made it with very cold water, and it tastes like Jello. We have our own shaker bottles that have the little mixing ball in them. I think WS should add those in to the bottles they send out with their kits.
Thank you for the tip about the Berry Blast! I'll give it a try for my morning snack--sounds like it might be really yummy with some blueberries

I agree about the WS shaker cups! For some reason, our two WS shaker cups' lids no longer work well, despite being on the diet for less than a week. I'm not sure if it's from using the dishwasher or what. I have to hold down on the lid to keep it from flying off when we're shaking, and the little grate thing doesn't really mix anything up well anyway. I grabbed one of my mom's mason jars today, and I'm going to try using that to shake with. Might work better--at least I won't have to hold the lid down, since it has a simple, screw on lid!

Do any of you all experience a lot of fatigue with this diet? I'm mostly fine, and I'm holding off on doing a lot of exercise until week 2 or so. My boyfriend is feeling really tired and sore, and I think that he probably just needs to add some more calories and maybe more protein throughout the day. I'm also trying to get him to drink some zero calorie Powerade type stuff, but he's adamant that he needs to be at about 1100 calories and that it'll go away. I mean, we're only on day 5, so maybe he just needs some more time to get used to it, but geez! He seems really tuckered out.

Have a fulfilling, healthy day, everyone!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:39 PM   #11  

Quote:
I've been on plan for 22 days and I've lost a little over 14 pounds. I am surprised at myself, but I haven't gone off plan at all so far. But, I've also avoided going out with friends so I could resist temptation. In addition to the diet plan, I do use a stationary bike on a low resistance setting at an easy speed for at least one hour every day while watching tv or playing video games. I work out of my home and don't walk around as much as I should, so once I bought an activity tracker and really saw how little I moved all day I decided that I can only watch tv or game if I'm using the bike at the same time. I'm not sure how/if it's effecting my weightloss progress but I go on vacation in June and I want to be able to walk around all day without being beat.
Wow! That is some great progress! Congrats--you're awesome!!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:37 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellythecat View Post
Wow! That is some great progress! Congrats--you're awesome!!
Thanks, kellythecat! I just weighed myself and I'm down another 1.6 pounds! I really hope that everyone here finds the plan working as well for them as it is for me. I'm trying so hard to stay motivated but it's tough. My friends are all so fit and into clean eating but aren't very encouraging to me. I think they've just gotten used to me being the 'fat friend'. My family just refrains from commenting, unless it's to tell me it's a stupid diet and to eat some real food. My mom actually came over with bags loaded full of junk food and carbs yesterday, leaving me with all the types of food I had already thrown out. And a left a big bowl of hot spaghetti and meatballs. Instead of being tempted to cheat I just focused my energy on laughing... Who does that to someone having success on a diet? She also keeps calling with high carb recipes to read to me. That's something she's never done before and there is something humorous in her attempt to throw me off plan. I never would have guessed that strangers at the gym and on forums would be more helpful and supportive than my family and friends.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:33 PM   #13  

Quote:
Thanks, kellythecat! I just weighed myself and I'm down another 1.6 pounds! I really hope that everyone here finds the plan working as well for them as it is for me. I'm trying so hard to stay motivated but it's tough. My friends are all so fit and into clean eating but aren't very encouraging to me. I think they've just gotten used to me being the 'fat friend'. My family just refrains from commenting, unless it's to tell me it's a stupid diet and to eat some real food. My mom actually came over with bags loaded full of junk food and carbs yesterday, leaving me with all the types of food I had already thrown out. And a left a big bowl of hot spaghetti and meatballs. Instead of being tempted to cheat I just focused my energy on laughing... Who does that to someone having success on a diet? She also keeps calling with high carb recipes to read to me. That's something she's never done before and there is something humorous in her attempt to throw me off plan. I never would have guessed that strangers at the gym and on forums would be more helpful and supportive than my family and friends.
More progress!! I weigh myself tomorrow, so I'm interested to see what I'm at. It'll have been a week tomorrow morning, and when I weighed myself on Monday, I was down 5 pounds. So we'll see!

And it's funny that you say that about your mom, because my mother was doing pretty much the same thing today..she keeps talking about all of these carb-heavy dishes. Now, I'm not feeling hungry on this diet, and I am pretty much okay with everything. But the few things I'm craving are definitely full of carbs! She actually had a bunch of boxes of dry pasta on the table, and she started asking me how many of them I wanted. She did stuff like this all morning, following each comment with something like, "Oops, I forgot you're on a diet." Then when I told her that tomorrow it'll be one week since we started, she asked if we're planning on going out to eat to celebrate. She even ate a bean, corn, and cheese-stuffed quesadilla in front of me (a craving I'm having) this morning! Why?!

Now, my mom did Medifast several times in the past, so she knows what it's like to be on a diet like this. When I told her that I was always supportive of her when she did Medifast, she told me that she had to be around food that tempted her and she didn't complain. I was in my teens and living at home (because I was still in school) when she was on most of her Medifasting, so it's not like I visited her and brought delicious foods to tempt her with! Just boggles my mind.

A few years ago, I had about a year where I couldn't swallow foods (some weird medical thing that we never figured out). Even though I literally couldn't eat food, and I was wasting away from starvation, she would basically do the same thing--talk about food in front of me or ask me out to eat, and then say something like, "Oh, I forgot that you can't eat." My mother is not a sociable person with me, so it's really a stark contrast since she only asks me to come over and eat or go out to eat when I am unable to do so or on a diet.

Whew, sorry for the manifesto--but yeah, I can relate and it's annoying to deal with. Hang in there! We support you and you rock!

Sidenote: my boyfriend still seems to not be doing as well on this diet as I am. He's sticking to plan, but I'm having him add foods because he's still feeling really weak and getting headaches. I've been having him have an extra cheese stick with his meals, and I'm trying to get him to maybe up his carbs a little bit. He won't go to a doctor so I'm not really sure what else to do. I'm actually worried that he's going to develop some kind of eating disorder, because when I ask what his weight loss goal is, he says that he just wants to lose as much as he can until he can't anymore. That doesn't seem healthy to me at all. Well, we'll see what happens over the weekend.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:11 PM   #14  

Default Day 6

Hey everyone! Day 6 here, and I'm anxious to weigh myself after day 7. I, too, had a great water-weight-loss number after a couple of days, and the next day it balanced up, so I've been holding out weighing again. I'm trying not to get too excited about what the number will be so that I'm not frustrated if the number doesn't match my hunger!

I'm so sorry about your moms tempting you instead of supporting you! That definitely can test your willpower! I don't live close enough to mine for her to bring tempting things over, but we text every night and she's supportive of anything that works. Spaghetti!? That's a definite weakness for me.

My fiancé also has had a hard time with hunger and not feeling well. He's added in more carbs and calories, too. Seems to be working. We'll see what the results are at the end of the week!

The first few days were definitely a challenge for me with hunger and cravings. It's a bit easier now, but I definitely have to keep my goals in sight!

Good job for you gals!! Stick to it. Excited to hear your progress, too!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #15  

How's everyone doing? Rabid, how was your weigh-in today?

My bf and I weighed ourselves today--I am feeling frustrated, although I really shouldn't feel this way! I weighed myself after 3 days, and I lost 5 pounds. I weighed myself today, which was a full week from my first day on the diet, and I only lost 1 more pound. So I lost a total of 6 pounds in the first week. This is great progress overall, but I feel like I should have lost more in the past 4 days than I actually did. I know that the first few days were just water weight, but I just..I don't know! Feel kind of unmotivated now.

My boyfriend weighed himself, and he's the one who lost 9 pounds after 3 days. He weighed himself today, and he actually gained a few ounces from that weigh-in. So while he overall lost about 9 pounds since day 1, he hasn't lost anything since his first weigh-in.

Anyways, I know that weight loss isn't linear, and I finally took some measurements today to help me view my progress from that aspect as well. To look at it overall, I still lost 6 pounds in a week and my bf lost 9 pounds in a week. That's great! And I don't feel hungry like I did before I started the diet, and I don't get that "just ate too many carbs" headache like I used to, and so on. Overall, this has been a really positive experience so far! So I'm trying to look at it like that and stop focusing on not having "lost enough."

How is everyone doing today?