Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 02:45 AM   #1  
Princess in Training

Default Weekend Chat (feb 21st-22nd)

oooooooooooooo I actually get to start the thread.

But I have not much to say...alas.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-21-2004, 07:37 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good morning all!

My body is so tuned to wake up now at 4:30 that I can't even seem to get it to let me sleep late on the weekends. Well, my first full workout using the Nautilus and Cybex machines was on Friday morning (after being trained on them on Thursday). Luckily, I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be, although I don't think I'll be moving any furniture when I vacuum today.

********I have an idea for a new thread that I think is much needed.********

There are an awful lot of posts from "newbies" asking the same sorts of questions that we all had at the beginning of this WOE. What if someone witha lot of experience and know-how (hey Star, Kim, you out there?) created a sticky called "For Newbies Only" or something along that vein? The contents could be updated periodically, but would definitely contain statements of how important it is to buy the book and read it thoroughly, drinking the proper amount of water, a section on stalls, sugar alcohols, hidden carbs, etc. Also, links to the induction phase page of the Atkins website and then a general link to the Atkins website would be excellent additions. Since we all talk about FitDay, that link and a brief explanation of what it is and how it can help would be great. Star's favorite -- the Skinny Daily Post could be added.....You get the idea!

This way, when people have questions, we could direct them to the Newbie page for more in-depth information. I believe it would also serve as a good FAQ site for all of us and an excellent warehouse for links that we find that are helpful.

What do you all think?
Old 02-21-2004, 08:10 AM   #3  

Hey Paula I would love that. Hope you and some others can get one going.

Well ladies I found something that makes me go. and go and go and go LOL I gave in to the sf jelly beans at the grocery store yesterday and well last evening was interesting.
I am thinking humm a couple every few days might not hurt to keep things moving.
Funny thing is I think I lost 2 lbs this morning. I will be at this 4 weeks on Monday and lost about 12 lbs. I am still sticking to it and other then the peice of cake last saturday have had a good week. Did have wicked headaches mid week though not even tylonol helped.
Water consumption is still good still no caffiene though lots of decaf tea.
you ladies are so funny and helpful without these boards it sure would be harder.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YAHHHHHHHHH i got into the old jeans closet last night and wow I got all sorts of pants I can wear now. 1 thing I tried on was a skort and it did up but was a little to tight to wear. by summer and short time that thing should fit perfect. I bought that at my lowest weight after doing tops 5 years ago.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:18 AM   #4  
Mom, Queen of Everything

JJCJ: You've inspired me to clean out my own closet to find out if something wearable may be lurking there!

Okay, so so far we have two methods for keeping "regular."
JJCJ: Eat sugar free jelly beans
Star: Smoke the occasional cigarette

Ladies, if we could make, package, and market some nicotine-laced sugar free jelly beans, we might just be able to retire as some very wealthy women!

I, I am ashamed to admit, smoke like a chimney. That's probably why being "plugged up" is such a non-issue for me!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2004, 08:44 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

A newbie thread is wonderful !! Lets do it.

If some one could get together all the most FAQ from folks and put a list together with the answers that would be COOL!!!

We could title it FAQ FOR NEWBIES !!! and I'll stick it. It can be tiresome to keep typing the same thing over and over and over and over.

BRAVO PAULA !!!

JJCJ WELL DONE and BRAVO on the weight loss ! I agree with out all these ladies to help where would we be, but don't forget your part of all the success, we need you just as much

Well I'm running out to the mall and pizza for the KIDS - no not me lolol, I'll be good.

Have a wonderful day all.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:16 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Khem:

Spedmom: Great idea for the newbie post. I remember always hearing "read the book". Found a great smilie for that, that I'll include. It's not bad answering questions because sometimes they really don't know much about boards and where to go for info. We could always tell them where to look

jjcj: I never thought of SF jelly beans for Easter. And never thought it would make me "go". I'd rather NOT go as often as I was for a while there. That was TOOO much Congrats on fitting into the clothes!!!

Leenie: Have fun at the mall!!

WOOHOO!!! It's the weekend. Did my weekly weigh in and the scale said I'm down THREE pounds!! WOOHOO!! That's the most I've lost since the first week of induction. Now I pray it just STAYS off!! So I've lost a total of 20 pounds now since I've started on 1/3/04! Who would have thunk it?? I told DH how much I weighed...and he's like "maybe I should go on that". Told him whenever he's ready I'd help him get his WOE in shape He won't though because he LOVES sandwiches. It's what he eats every day for supper (I only have to make supper for myself and the DD's now). Well, I'm off to get some junk done before oldest DD has to be at school to practice for her band concert tonight. She's gotta go today to practice due to the no-school yesterday.

Hope you all have a GREAT weekend and I'll pop back in sometime this weekend.

OH!!!!! I'm also wearing a shirt I wore on CHRISTMAS. I looked at a picture of myself that was taken OMG!!! The difference!! I'm gonna have to get a picture taken just to show you all. It is SOOOO cool!! Sorry, had to share the moment.
c'ya
Attached Images
File Type: gif readthebook.gif (4.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 02-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Weekend Morning,
Well my special One Month Atkins WeighIn was a positive one. 1 pound down since Wednesday! Making a total of 19 pounds gone since starting. So today after the cleaning is done I can treat myself to my Atkins Banana Nut Muffin
Hopefully it wont mess with my "real" weekly WeighIn but it's a chance I'm willing to take.

Khem - Good Morning to you! How have you been?

Sped - Great suggestion for the thead! It would have been very helpful to have a FAQ place to go when I first started. Heck it would be helpful still now. I'm a smoker too so don't feel to bad. I would like to quit sometime in the future but right now I don't think I need the added stress or weight gain

Brenda - Gratz on the weight loss! I'm anxious to see the shirt pictures. I am looking to dig up a recent picture of me for everyone and for my "before" but I have to admit I don't like cameras and dodged them quite often. Only one I can find of me is from Halloween and I'm dressed up like a clown.. haha Would just be sad if I had to put on that suit for my progress photos!

Jjcj - SF Jelly Beans! I never thought.. I'll have to go search the isles in hopes of finding em. Gratz on the loss! Your doing fantastic!

Leenie - Have fun at the mall. I did the pizza thing for the family last night. I was good except for the little toppings taste. Which was quite yummy may I add

My ex is coming to pick up the youngest and my middle is going camping with Girl Scouts.. my teen is sure to be gone with her flavor of the week (boyfriend) and DH will be at work so I'll be ALONE!! YES!!
So I'm off for a bit to get things accomplished before I can relax and have a QUIET day all by myself! WOO HOO! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 02-21-2004, 10:58 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

HI Khem!!! That always happens to me too, if I am the first one I never have anything to say! LOL

Paula !! Great idea for the thread we should definantly do that, and as we are talking about issues that may come up and we think they are pertinent we can add as we go too.
I have just come up with this thought since Atkins has been the source of such bad press lately, I think it is because people think of it as a "diet" not WOE, the fact reamins yes those people are right....if we went back to eating the same way as we did before we would gain our weight back same as any other diet. But if newbies realized it is not a diet, this is the way you will eat for the rest of your life to stay healthy......we would have alot less failure from people, the people who didn't desire a WOE for life would just not pick it as their "diet". Sorry about the soapboxin!! LOL

GREAT JOB JJ!!! We love having you too!! Those skorts are gonna look great by summer or even before!!!

Don't forget ladies for our caffiene sensitive people aome coffee will do the #2 trick too! hahahaha

LEENIE you are doing so great!!! Keep it up girl!

YEAH BRENDA!!!! Great job you are doing sooooo awesome!! Yes we want to see the difference picture for sure!!

YIPEEE Trazzie! You get all kinds of rewards muffing and peace and quiet!! lucky bum! Awesome on your loss too!!

Well ladies I weighed this morning and I am down another pound I lost 2 pounds in 2 days.....crazy!! I have worked hard at the gym and been OP for days so I am so happy I fianlly broke the plateau for sure, no cheating I don't want to get thrown back to plateau again for awhile!! Going to the gym this AM, dropping 2 of the dogs off at the groomer, cleaning the house, and if it is sunny taking the kids to the park. I am a busy gal today!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 02-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #9  
Princess in Training

oh I like the idea of a newbie thread...I have a bunch of links for FAQ's to the atkins site--I'll post them in a thread here
Old 02-21-2004, 01:47 PM   #10  
Princess in Training

actually, I just made up a delightful post full of links and 3FC ATE it. bleh. But I did notice that there is a Low carb FAQ board here...maybe we should be putting it there?
Old 02-21-2004, 09:08 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy Sick Froufy!!! Lurking....

HI Everyone,

I have been lurking, but dh has been chasing me off the computer and making me go to bed early as I am sick, sick.....all congested, coughing/hacking all over the place, and on all sorts of sinus medications...yuck!

I did go out to do some errands today trailing wads of tissues as I go. Was at work this week due to important meetings and stuff, but now realize that was not such a great idea and I may stay home on Monday and rest if I am not better! My poor nose is all red and raw!

Eating was not too bad.....lost the 3 lbs I gained due to last weekend's valentine feasting.....and trying to hang onto that as PMS looms

Need to reallly up the water consumption tho as I am slacking with that as well.

Congrats Trazzie on the 19 lbs loss - WAY TO GO!!! Enjoy your day off!

Brenda - good for you! congrats to you too! Can't wait to see the new pics!

Spedmom - glad to hear your muscles are not protesting too much...I am in awe!

JJCJ - yup I get the same reaction with those sf candies - the "maltitol blast" as dh and I call it - need to make sure you know where all the "facilities" are located!

Theo's girl - congrats to you for breaking your plateau! I have been stuck at the same weight for a couple of months now and need to "break thru" and move on!

Found some Osolo rolls at GNC this week - not bad actually just need to get used to the texture - good for an occasional "sandwich"....at only 3.3 carbs each!

If only I could breathe and actually "taste" my food!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Froufy
Old 02-21-2004, 10:14 PM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Great find Fouf on the rolls!!! Thank you for the balloons! I hope you feel better soon, we missed you! We need some pink in our lives....
Old 02-22-2004, 09:01 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

Hi all!!! It's hard to keep up with everyone when it's such a long post like this. I'll apologise now!!

DH told me he was going to start Atkins tomorrow---until I told him "you realise, if you do you'll have to stay eating like this for the REST of your LIFE." He sputtered and then he's like "well, your mom and sisters won't" To which I'm sure they won't..but that's THEIR choice. lol

WOOHOO!!! I can fit into another pair of size 12's!! Umm...they're the pair hubby got me a couple Christmas' ago that I only got to wear like for a month because I outgrew them But they fit now--that's the main thing. Slowly whittling the weight off and fitting into the "stored" jeans
Old 02-22-2004, 09:10 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 6"

Morning All,
Sunday morning the last day of the weekend and I'm up before 8.. arg DH sawing logs in there right in my ear. I tried to roll him over, tried to plug his nose.. nothing worked!
Well last night I went and bought a new bike, Walmart had a very nice one for 68 bucks. I got it home and couldnt handle waiting for spring. Bundled up and took her for a ride! It felt great! Except today my bottom is a little sore. I even purchased this little odometer thingy for it, you enter your weight and it tells you speed, time, distance, calories burned etc... very cool. Now I only have to figure out where to put a water bottle holder.

Theo - YEAH no more plateau!! Congrats on the weight loss too!

Frouf - You sound miserable, I hope your feeling better today.

Brenda - Great Job on the 12's! Feels fantastic when you can pull a pair out and jump right into them. I have so many brand new pairs that I only wore a couple times waiting for me, I probably wont have to shop until I'm nearing Onederland.

You all have a great day, I will check in later.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:19 AM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies!

Get to feeling better soon, Froufy! You are definitely missed here!

And, a big congrats to TG for breaking the plateau! That's great!

Brenda: Congrats on size 12s!!! And, on the weight loss! That's fabulous!

everyone else!!

I really, really want to get a bike. Would you recommend the one you got, Trazzie? Any other recommendations? I'd just be riding it on flat terrain -- across a walking/biking bridge across the bay.

Don't have a lot of time now, but hope to check in later. Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Take care,
Jina
Closed Thread