Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 10:58 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Funtastic Friday

Ok So technically its Still Thursday but tommorrow is going to be hectic so I don't know if I will be on
I have a Big smile on my face and No its not from the one slice of white pizza with ricotta and artichoke hearts with pesto
its from the 4.4 pounds that are off my body!!!!!! I am almost to ONEDERLAND! and . 6 awway from a 5 pound bookmark I WANT THAT BOOKMARK! Do you get one every 5 pounds or just the first 5? HOCHACHA!
Alright off to print some resumes Hopefully see you girls tommorrow
Love
The slightly slimmer Kierie
Old 02-20-2004, 07:37 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Kierie! Congratulations! You rock! 4.4 is awesome. I have no doubt that you will be in onederland any day now.

Wanted to thank all of you for your support yesterday. I felt like something of a loser to have had a gain so soon after making lifetime but it helped to hear that it happens to others as well.

No work-out yet today because I had to be to work before 6AM but CB wants to work-out together this evening so I'll get at least 30 minutes in.

I need to get back to work but I'll try to check in later.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:26 AM   #3  

Morning girls,

Kierie, congrats on the 4.4 lbs, that is so awesome!!
Laura, I'm sure you'll get your workout in later.

Well, I'm trying to stay positive here. I managed to resist candy all day yesterday which is quite a feat for me. Even after I ate dinner, a time when I am notorious for craving sweets, I managed to eat a sugar-free jello and call it quits. That being said, I weighed in this morning and I am UP 4 LBS. I swear I have been fluctuating with these for the last month. It's such a reward to have 1 or 2 lbs come off at weigh in, and each is a struggle, only to have them all come right back on in one shot. Ugh, ok, I'll stop now. I woke up early ro run this morning, but my lower back was still really sore so I decided not to push it. My goal is to go tomorrow and Sunday now. My other goal for today is to resist the candy again. I may have to deal with going out to lunch, which could be dangerous, but I'm not sure where it will be yet. I also may have to deal with beer tonight, although since I have to work tomorrow I may not go out. We'll see how stressed I am by the end of the day!

ok, BBL
Old 02-20-2004, 08:48 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lexxy - great idea about substituting sugar free jello. You could always add a little FF cool whip to make it more deserty. I also like FF/SF hot chocolate when I need a sweet fix. About the scale - how often do you get on it? I've been thinking about not weighing myself for the next 3 weeks. That way I'd miss all the blips.

I'm so excited you guys. Today is the day we get our bonus payout at work. CB and I decided we'd each take a bit of it as play money. I just spent mine on 12 new work-out videos. They are supposed to arrive in 3 to 7 business days. I can't wait!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:49 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Is it sick and wrong to be this excited about work-out videos?
Old 02-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

this weeks been okay. I'm sick of my plateau. I want to reach goal! And I wan't to reach goal by June. I've been to the gym a bunch. And I will try and keep it up over the weekend. I want to loose at least one pound this week. AGH! Brian and I did a little ab workout that he learned and it's awesome. I could only do about 15 and today my abs are IN PAIN! Which is a good thing right? He stands over me. I'm underneath him with my legs at a 90 degree angle (okay, get your mind out of the gutter...it's an exercise, not a position) He pushes my legs down to the floor and I use resistance to keep them from hitting the floor. Whoa!! Talk about a good ab workout!

KO! That is AWESOME. You are on your way to onederland, and here's to never seeing 200 again. I remember last time I was at 199 I swore I would never see 200 again. So far so good I'm proud of you. You'll get the bookmark for the first 5-pounds only, but you'll get a 5-pound star evey 5 pounds.

LORI - you'll have to go back to yesterday and read the posts about your darling abby girl. I think we're all ready to crown her miss america 2023

Laura, congrats on the bonus! That's always nice. And on your last question... my answer to you is *no comment* ha ha - just kidding.

Lexxy - all I can say is that I've been there. I feel like I'll lose 3 weeks in a row, a pound each time. And for those weeks, I exercised, ate right, and worked as hard as I good. And it's hard to explain thow you feel when you've worked so har for so many weeks to have it all mean nothing after a weigh in like that. BUT - here's my advice. New pounds come off faster. It's a scientific fact. New pounds cause a short spkie in your metabolism... so a week after I gain.. I always use it to my advantage. I get back to my workouts, and journal my points... and you can get all of those off a bit faster. And as crappy as this sounds... try a week with just diet cokes while you're out. The beers can add up. I go out quite a bit now and just drink diet cokes (some nights its martinis .... but the nights I just have diet coke... I hang with my friends, spend a lot less money... and don't need to worry about getting home or waking up in the morning. Good luck, and don't fret... it will come off!!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:40 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning girls I'm just about to fix my crazy hair and do my face lol guys just have to get up not smell and not be naked NOT FAIR!
Laura oooh workout vids *droool* Have fun with bonus money
Lexxy good on ya for subbing the SF Jello
I'm going to call the jello company and get a recipe for FF pudding pops
Lisa the workout sounds great and you get to be close with your honey its a massive bonus
DF and I might have to take the apartment in his complex if its still available we just don't have the available cash to move right into a new complex
Alright off like a shot
MWAH!
Kierie
Old 02-20-2004, 12:41 PM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

And we were off to such a good start.... so, come out come out where ever you are.

I had country kitchen raison bread (3 slices for 2 points) with penut butter for breakfast. I swam this morning when I got to work. I went to Curves on my lunch break to work out and I'm having a 0-point salad with 1-point dressing and a WW 4-point frozen meal for lunch. Hope i can keep myself from caving in to my afternoon munchies.

OH! I wonderful recipe for 2-point french toast.

Take 3 slices of the Country Kitchen (or equiv) light rasin bread. Mix 1 container of egg beaters, 1 tsp vanilla and a dash of nutmeg. Heat a skillit with Pam. Dip the bread in the mixture coating both sides and lightly toast on the skillit. I sprinkle some Splenda on top and use 1/4 cup light syrup. 3 slices of French Toast is 2 points, plus 2 points for the syrup. And it's YUMMY! Brian loves it and begs for it every Saturday, so I'm making it tomorrow morning.

HAPPY FRIDAY!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone - doesn't look like the ankle liked yesterday's walk. This morning it was quite sore so I will have to take it easy this weekend. BUT...Thankfully, I got weights for christmas so I can use them for some arm excercises and so some leg lifts and abs stuff that won't bother the ankle. On the good point, I got on the scale this morning in my bathroom (I don't use it often) and I'm way down. I'm concerned that my roommate has been playing with the settings and it's lying to me, but at least I'm going to WI tomorrow. Then I can get going with the fast tracks kick some arse!!!
Kier - You ROCK!! Way to go!!! I put all my gold stars on my bookmark so I can see how much I've lost. Then when you look at the bookmark (on the fridge in my case) you can be reminded of how great you're doing!!
Laura - It is NOT sick OR wrong, but a little off beat. Who am I kidding, I'm excited FOR you!!! Which ones did you get?
lexxy - Way to resist the evil candy. One day at a time. It's like quitting smoking or something...
Lisa - that sound like a great way to work your abs! and you get to spend some time with your sweetie as well!
OK - back to it, I feel like I haven't done anything this week and I'm in meetings all afternoon. Have a great weekend everyone!!
KT
Old 02-20-2004, 04:19 PM   #10  

Hi-all-thanks for all of your compliments about our Sara-pants! We love her to death

SO I am having a bit of a carbo binge today-2 slices of pizza for lunch, a bagel for breaskfast, and frozen yogurt right now...but I am journalling it all!!! I will have chicken and salad for dinner to try to balance it out...

I gave in and bought a pair of pants a size up from my old size today-I need something to wear to work...but I will keep journalling!!

Kier-congrats on the 4.4
Laura-enjoy the tapes! I am using my upcoming bonus money to buy a diamond and sapphire pendant-I have wanted one for awhile...

Tilley-thanks for the frnech toast recipe-I have the bread at home-maybe I'll try tomorrow...

KT-Good luck at WI!!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:29 PM   #11  

Hi to all, I've been reading your posts and feel like I need to belong here...I made lifetime last month and have since gained 7# (ouch) I can't seem to get on track, it has all turned into belly fat and is gross. I hate the way I look and feel. I have had one WI since making lifetime and was us 2#-so I am teatering on the edge here...help! I start out good for breakfast and by lunch I've lost willpower and after work I am a regular glutton-I don't care what I'm eating as long as it is lots of it!

WW start Jan. 2003=209#
WW lifetime in Jan. 2004=153#
Old 02-20-2004, 09:32 PM   #12  

Hi, Ideal! First, i would like to say, CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal weight!! That is amazing-you've come so far! I, too am an overeater. What i try to do is eat things that give me the most food for my points....I also measure out my portion and then eat 1/2 of it, then the other half, so i feel like i am having seconds...are you a dessert person, or carbs, or just like bigger portions at regular meals? I have some good low point, high volume dessert ideas...
Closed Thread