Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 10:48 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up January 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-28-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:01 AM   #2  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

I'm STILL here! Diana, you and I have to be two of the longest posters here..maybe Larry too. Where are you by the way? On vacation? Sorry I missed it.

My weight loss journey consists of running, weights, and at one time being more careful about what I was eating. My plan is to get back to exercising minimum 5 days a week, and being more accountable with food. I've decided to go low carb for the first time in my life. I started low carb yesterday and so far so good. I will allow 1 day a week for carbs at one meal. So...let's do this.

What keeps me motivated is having a trip booked in November for the 3rd time now. I gotta keep working towards the bikini body.

Hello to all. Let's make 2016 a good one!!

Nichols, you're progress is really amazing. You go, girl. Seriously.

Last edited by novangel; 12-30-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:17 AM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Novangel Hi I'm on vacation in Asheville, NC.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:40 AM   #4  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Looking to lose a kilo in January. My birthday is towards the end so I wonder if I can be 'ideal weight' (below 25 BMI) by then.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:47 AM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Noshoes Hi and welcome! Good luck with your goal.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:33 AM   #6  
Warrior Princess

So, I got to courage to get on the scale and I'm about 150p. *SIGH* The harsh reality is I'm only about 6p from my starting weight in 2012. It's almost like having to start all over again.

I know people are thinking a 10-12p gain isn't that bad but the big deal is I can lose 30p no problem, it's losing the last 10p that is almost impossible.

I'm about ready to just accept I will always be a certain size. I've been fighting this weight over 20 years. I get down to 135p and then back to 150p over and over and over. It's insanity.

I'll give it another shot but this is the last time.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:48 AM   #7  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Novangel Hi I'm on vacation in Asheville, NC.
Hope you enjoyed your time there. I've never been there but would love to visit the Carolinas someday.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
So, I got to courage to get on the scale and I'm about 150p. *SIGH* The harsh reality is I'm only about 6p from my starting weight in 2012. It's almost like having to start all over again.

I know people are thinking a 10-12p gain isn't that bad but the big deal is I can lose 30p no problem, it's losing the last 10p that is almost impossible.

I'm about ready to just accept I will always be a certain size. I've been fighting this weight over 20 years. I get down to 135p and then back to 150p over and over and over. It's insanity.

I'll give it another shot but this is the last time.
You can do this!!

Always remember what Winston Churchill said when the war was going terribly wrong and it looked like Germany would win. He said

"Never, never, never give up."

Winston Churchill
Old 12-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Personals –
Coolmom: I hate when your day is going so good only to screw it up right before bed! It happens though. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you!
Diana: I have always wanted to zipline. That would be amazing!
Tootsie: Welcome! This site is amazing and supportive!
Goodyfay: 14 minutes? WOW! That’s awesome! Love hearing that you’ve lost 10 lbs since joining in on here! WTG!
Retrorabbit: Hopefully you get better sleep tonight!
Sorry if I didn’t get to you! Hello all around!

Weight today: 139.6

Exercise: 1 mile so far

Calories: 778 calories as of right now. Still have dinner to go tonight and a New Years Eve Party so hopefully I can be good!

Pizza night turned out bad. Not because I ate too much but just because it was not good. I got a thin crust cheese pizza (lowest calories on their menu) and it tasted like paper. So I will not be doing that again unless it’s the real thing. I’m hoping to get another workout in before the end of the day. We have a New Years Eve Party to go to tonight and I don’t think they are having any snacks that I’m going to find good so that will benefit me hopefully. I don’t know how I’m going to stay up til midnight. With my Iron and B-12 still regulating I am still exhausted pretty earlier (although it isn’t 6-7 anymore)…but I’m ready to crash come 8 or 9 at night…so midnight seems pretty far fetch.

I’m going to try to get a turbojam workout in now so I’ll talk to ya’ll later!
Everyone have a great New Years Eve!!
Old 12-31-2015, 03:58 PM   #10  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
You can do this!!

Always remember what Winston Churchill said when the war was going terribly wrong and it looked like Germany would win. He said

"Never, never, never give up."

Winston Churchill
Thank you, Larry. Actually you're the one that has inspired me to go low carb. I'm on day 3, it's early yet but so far so good.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:49 PM   #11  

Another Zero Carb day today this makes ten in a row now.

Went to an early New Years party with my wife tonight.

They served finger food and finger food = Carbage so I simply socialized and watched others partake while I drank several black decaf coffees.

I had a great time and enjoyed myself.

Two friends of ours told me they were starting Atkins tomorrow. We shall see?
My experience is many start and only a few of us winners stick with it.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:00 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
Thank you, Larry. Actually you're the one that has inspired me to go low carb. I'm on day 3, it's early yet but so far so good.
If you would like to try Atkins low carb, this URL will give you a FREE PDF file of Atkins New Diet Revolution Book.
I read it and use it. You will find a list of what to eat and what not to eat starting on page 84.

http://evilloop.com/atkins.pdf
Old 12-31-2015, 09:06 PM   #13  

Happy New Year's Eve everyone. I may not get yo do personals today. But I have been reading. Am on the iPad which I find challenging to use with the bold function. Although I am getting better at it.

Weight up this morning by 2.4 lbs. strict diet today. Should end up with around 700 calories and 13 g carbs.

Hope everyone is enjoying Jew year's Eve !

Last edited by flower123; 12-31-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:40 AM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today is our last day in the mountains. I just opened the sliding glass doors to let some fresh mountain air in the room. I am getting ready to have some coffee. Today will be a travel day so no workout will be reported for me. I guess I could hit the gym before I pack but I am not THAT dedicated. I will workout during my vacation but I don't do anything early in the morning. I should arrange for a late checkout when we travel. Anyways, wishing everyone a Happy New Year! I hope you had a safe but fun evening.

Here is a free New Years Challenge w/a super sweet instructor if you want to give her a try. The workouts are free. http://www.jennyford.com/30-day-fitness-challenge-2016/ If you like her, she also has DVD's for purchase.

Weigh In: 169.2
I am up around 12 pounds from my low. Crazy! I won't be 100% back on plan until tomorrow. I am ready to get rid of this bloat! CoolMom mentioned about being down just a bit over last year. With this gain, I am also down just a few pounds, so I will take it as a win.

Have a great day!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:00 AM   #15  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
Happy New Year!

Ready to get back to goal this year. Novangel I hear you, I'm up 12 pounds from last year, we did a reboot the last five days, so I'm feeling ready to hit it hard. I find that when I accept that this is the weight I'm going to be, that usually spurs me on to lose, so wishing you strength and success, low carb is good.

Larry your willpower is awe inspiring! WTG
Nichols sorry your pizza wasn't all you hoped for.
Flower
Diana

So, my check-in, planning on focusing on more fruits and vegetables, with a 5:2 intermittent fasting, logging food and exercise, and regular exercise, all things I've done before with good success.
W-177.7
B-oatmeal, cashew milk, zante currants, sunflower nuts, coffee w/half & half and one tbsp creamer
L- plan salad
E- day 1 of c25k with DH

Best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-01-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Closed Thread