Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 06:52 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home mom's #128

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:55 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

'Morning!!!!

Just enough time for a quick hello, before I face the mob again. Got my 4 AP's in this am with the WW workout....so I am feeling pretty good.

Geri- congrats on the 3# loss....that evening eating can be so troublesome. (oh, do I speak from experience!) Try shutting down the kitchen and then keeping only a bottle of flavored seltzer or water with you for the evening. That helps me sometimes.
Also- that Dr Phil thing with not eating past 8 pm I heard years ago......and is so true.Thanks for reminding us.
Gotta go hop in the shower!
See ya later. (sorry to all I missed......)
Ginny
Old 02-20-2004, 08:00 AM   #3  
Movin' to the Country!

Mornin'! Geri, WOW!!! 3lbs...I am so jealous! I'm stuck right now. The whole being sick and hardly any activity killed me! You are doing sooooo good with your water and excercise. I really have to get back to it. When are we starting the challenge? I think Monday would be good. Anyhows, my peditrician is young also (30's) and he has 6 kids!!! The other one in the practice has 4. Must be a ped's thing huh? He is right about hardest ages though. Actually, I don't think 9 months is hard (unless you also have a 2 yo! ) but I think from 18 mos to 3yo is the hardest. Kylie is finally getting to where she half way listens and can sit still. We have meetings on Thursday nights and both my kids were perfect angels last night. That always gets me thinking, "Do I really want anymore." Then I'll watch Baby Story or some similiar show where they are having #3 and it all comes back. My kids really, really, really want 2 more siblings. We'll see how it goes after #3. It all hinges on my being able to quit work so it may never happen!!!

Ginny, soooo sorry you had such a rough day. I hope today is better and I hope you get some "me" time this weekend. We are thinking of going out tonight. I don't want to spend any money right now (working on getting our construction loan) but dh is determined to spend some of our tax money! I got the state back Wednesday and the Federal today. I love electronic filing! Only took 4 days for the State and a week for Federal and no fees. My sister paid $150 to do rapid refund. Yuck!!! Live and learn.

Ok, well, I am supposed to be working but we know how that goes! Hope everyone has a great day. I'm gonna be running around doing some stuff for the house and then I promised to take the kids somewhere fun since they were soooo good last night. We'll probably go to one of the big county parks. TTYL!!!

Last edited by candybar74; 02-20-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!
Great news!!! I'm down 2#'s this morning!!!!! I am so excited! I haven't lost a whole two lbs in a long time, last week I didn't lose anything. So I'm down to 134.5!!!! I'm getting so close to my goal but yet it still feels weeks away. This week instead of eating all my flex this weekend I plan on stretching them out over the week, kinda like the wendi plan but not really. I will have a super high day and then low days but nothing under 20 pts which is my target. I'll see if that keeps my metabolism up for my next WI. But I'm thrilled with my 2 lbs gone today!!
Candy, we can start monday on the exercise challenge if you like. It doesn't matter to me as long as we start. And I went through those same mind battles with having 3 kids. I knew it was going to be harder having 3 instead of 2, but my heart still felt incomplete without one more in our family. And you know what? We may have more in several years. When they all get in school I will think about having more. And who knows? Maybe we will I came from a family of 5 and I liked having siblings and such and I love how well my kids play together so you never know. I am still young (24 now) so I have plenty of time to have more kids if we wanted to. So maybe right now isn't a good time for you but you have many years to consider having more.
Ginny, it seems like that workout is really working for you! I'm sure your next WI will reflect all your hard work! And I agree with Candy, I hope you get some "me" time in this weekend also. You've had a long week.
Geri, I think you will have that late night snacking down with no problems soon. Just hang in there! Congrats on losing those 3 lbs!!!! How good that must have felt to see that on the scale! My jaw would drop about the 6 kids too. I think it is great to see large families but I can't help but think about that poor wife constantly pregnant, you know? I know how much a pregnancy can hinder certain things and make doing normal things strenuous so when I hear of women having lots of kids I think about all her youth being constantly pregnant. I wouldn't want that for myself and as soon as they are done having babies they get back to normal, but that is alot of years in discomfort. And I didn't know about what happens to the metabolism at night. That is very interesting. I knew there was a reason I don't like to eat late at night. I like to have dinner around 4-5 pm and then only drink water the rest if the night. Now I know there is sound reason behind that
Well I'm not sure what I will be up to today. I have to go to the bank sometime today to deposit our state return in to our savings account. I think I will do my grocery shopping sometime today but I haven't written out my list yet. I need to do that soon. So I guess that is what I will be doing. Shopping and errands. Oh and I have to mail two bills right now since I'm thinking of it. TTYL!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:42 AM   #5  

forgot to hit the email notification... so ignore this post, lol
Old 02-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Well I am back and feeling a bit more sane. Hopped on the scale this am......and gained 2#- which I am really not counting........but it bugs me just the same. Between PMS and all the water I had this morning and tea....and had not gotten rid of any of it yet......need I say more? But I am going out for a short walk (gotta get another AP!) later to try to jumpstart myself here.

Spryng- you are doing great!!!!! I am jealous- (I have not had any big weeks in ages) and now with only 4.5# to go!!! It will be gone in no time.

Candy- glad the kids were good for you! Hope you and Dh can come up with a budget friendly solution for going out tonite- hey, I am at times just happy with a diet coke at fast food to break the pace! Congrats on getting your taxes back and done.

Got the monsters to school ok. Most were in for a big shock- I rearranged the seating chart and broke up most of the loud combinations. Plus, I got 3 notes of apology from students for misbehaving- one is from kindergardener, whose mom had to write a translation note (his was so run-together!). How cute.....and I am thankful that I have some families who care so much. Guess the kids got the message that I was not too happy!
Well, gotta go get some housework done. Hi to all who have not posted yet......have a great day.
ginny
Old 02-20-2004, 12:16 PM   #7  
2BoysMom

Good morning everyone...OK it's almost noon...but we finally got down here.

The boys are playing together pretty good right now so hopefully I'll get to finish this post!!

Ginny, glad your morning went better today. It's so cool that you got apology notes...at least the kids or the parents really care! Sorry about the gain ... hopefully it's just the PMS and it'll go away quickly.

Spryng, congrats on the loss! You are so close to goal & I'm so excited for you....maintainence should be a breeze for you. You're so focused!! I have to try to get onto cooking lights web site this weekend and find some recipes. I ordered the mag and have tried to look several times, but the boys get restless and I don't have enough time!!

Candy, perfect angels??? What's that? Maybe someday, but since they're both boys....I doubt it!! Monday sounds good for the challenge. Monday is my WI day so that will be one of my days off, but it really doesnt' matter.

I hope everyone's having a good day. I have to think of something for dinner quick so I can take it out of the freezer. Maybe hamburgers because I have some ground round that I made into patties awhile back. OK, gotta go get rid of some of this water I've been downing

TTYL
Old 02-20-2004, 01:06 PM   #8  

Down #1 ! Good thing the late night cookies did not mess me up.
I think we should have a no late night snacks challenge, it seems to be a big weakness. My problem is my Dh always has some kind of sweet. He doesn't need them either.

Ginny: TOM really messes me up, sometimes I will gain 5 pounds. Haven't had one in awhile with breastfeeding and pregnancy. Keep up on the water. I feel like I am constantly in the bathroom, but it pays off.

Spryng: Congrats on your weight loss and so close to goal. Your success is great for all of us.

My pediatrican only has 2 children. My family doctor has 4. I would love to have four, but I am turning 30 in May. We will have to wait and see.

Have a great weekend! JW is getting his pictures taken at Sears tomorrow. I love the pictures with them in just diapers, but my DH will not go for that.

Melinda
Old 02-20-2004, 03:53 PM   #9  

Sorry for being MIA, but Ali has been having rough time again. Today she screamed 6 hours and I am just too tired now to answer your posts properly.

Plus I think I overdid with losing weight and it might have messed with my lactation. Or Alizée is having a growth spurt. Anyway she seems to be hungry every hour and every two hours during the night. This all makes for one very tired Mommy, sigh...

I have to rethink my diet again, although I thought I was nit doin anything extreme, I still eat lots of fruit and vegetables and lean meat and wholebread carbs. But maybe it's just not enough. I will wait and see if she's any better soon. That's the reason why I haven't been thinking about working out yet, but I will as soon as things get calmer here. I will try to catch up with your postst ladies, but I've seen there's a lot for me. I hope tomorrow is gonna be better and hubby's home so I won't be alone with her...

Hugs
Old 02-20-2004, 04:42 PM   #10  

Gosia: She might be going thru a growth spurt. The same thing happened to me around 4 months. My milk supply caught up with him in a couple of days. I started taking a Fenugreek Seed to increase it.I am really cautious about not restricting any food groups as well and I make sure to drink tons of water. Nursing is so nurturing to me, that I am all right with it taking a little longer to lose the weight. How long do you plan to nurse? JW is 6 months. I plan to continue as long as he is still interested.

Well, I hear him calling. Happy Friday!

Melinda
Old 02-20-2004, 09:47 PM   #11  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Dh came home from work early 'cause the weather was crappy (rainy) and he's going to work half a day tomorrow...anyway, I got to go out for a couple of hours by myself!! I picked up 2 new exercise vidoes. One is Kathy Sansone's Power Walking System. It may have been before her WATP series, but it has a lower body firming workout and a 1-2-3 mile (you choose how long) walking workout. I did 2 miles today then the kiddies got restless so I didn't get to try the firming workout. Boy, it's so much nicer than aerobics. I'm much more coordinated for walking! Anyway, it was a good workout. The other dvd is an aerobics, but I need to replace my step aerobics video which I just found out is broken . Most of the dvd's now are pilates and yoga. Hard to find anything else. This one had a picture of the steps on the back so I assume there's some stepping in it. We shall see.

Drank my water today too. Melinda...I'm with you...I spend all day in the bathroom! Don't you dare think that your 30's is too old to have more kids! I was 37 and 39 and my ob/gyn said I could have a couple more if I wanted (I personally thought she was nuts!!) but anyway, you have plenty of time to have 3 more!! Congrats on the loss also!! I'll join you on that not snacking challenge...my stomach's growling right now, but I'll forget about it soon
Dinner was a ground round hamburger pattie with chopped onion & green pepper in it with a slice of light provalone cheese on a light ww bun, a side veggie salad and green beans.

Gosia, hope you get some rest soon. I didn't breastfeed either of my boys so I can't help you any. Just send you good vibes

Hope everyone else had a good OP day. I'm going to go do a couple of small projects before I hit the hay. Have a great night and I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:10 PM   #12  
Movin' to the Country!

Hey, too tired to get personal. I had a busy day. I have been doing the "leg" work on this house and it is hard work!!! I am getting excited though. It is starting to seem more real. Congrats to all you who lost. My WI is in the morning. Not sure what it will be like as I have not been doing good on exercise or water this week. Monday! I will do better next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll try to get personal tomorrow.

Good night!
Old 02-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #13  

Good morning all!
Sorry I didn't get back on here last night. DH called me and his truck needed some work done on it so he was at the yard (his companies yard in Olathe, which is 1 hr and 20 min from here) and he was going to be there for about 5 hours so I jumped in the van and drove to have dinner with him. It was so nice to see him. Now I think I can make it one more week So I got home about 8:30 pm but I was so tired. Got the kids all bathed and in bed and I crashed myself.
Candy I am excited for you to get your very own personalized home! How much fun it would be to pick out everything yourself. Looking forward to hearing about your wi today!
Geri I love to get new workout videos. You'll have to let us know what you think of them. Have you ever tried pilates?? It is one of the greatest workouts for toning. I just love mine. Sounds like you have been great OP lately. Keep up the good work!! When is your WI day?
Gosia, I hope things settle down for you. Tanner is a good baby 99% of the time but when he gets one cranky day every now and then I just want to run and hide but hang in there. The older they get the better they are.
Melinda, congrats on losing that 1 lb!!!! That is so great. Why doesn't your husband like pictures of babies in their diapers? Maybe you can get the main package done with him fully clothed and then an extra one done just for you in his diaper. I think they are adorable too! Especially black and white ones.
Ginny, I know you know that gain is due to water but I feel you, I get upset if the scale moves up any just because we work so hard for it to go the opposite direction. And we know our bodies naturally flucuate, but still... we like to see it move down. I'm sure it will be gone by next WI though. Hang in there! You must be a great bus driver for the kids to hand write you apologies! That is so thoughtful. I was a good kid on the bus. Never got in any trouble. My older brother on the other hand was one of those boys who sat in the very back and schemed for new trouble every day, lol. Boy, memories. lol.
Well I hope I didn't miss anyone. What is everyone doing this weekend? I plan on just staying home and not doing much of anything. Well some cleaning but that is an everyday kind of thing It'll be in the 50's today so maybe I can get the kids outside to play for awhile. Boy I can't wait for summer to get here so all they have to do is throw on some light clothes and run barefoot in our backyard. Having to bundle them all up and search for matching sock and shoes is time consuming!!!! But it's almost here again.
Well what does everyone have planned for dinner tonight? I'm not sure what I am having. Maybe tacos, or white chili, or something else. Haven't decided yet.
Well I need to get off here and get some breakfast going. TTYL!
Old 02-21-2004, 11:51 AM   #14  
Movin' to the Country!

Sorry but this is another quickie. The lady wasn't in at Lowe's yesterday so I have to go today to pick out cabinets for the kitchen and get a bid. But I did want to report my WI...I am 147!!! Yeah!!!! That is a #3 loss from last week. Really only #2 since I was holding a lb of water from TOM but still!!! I am now at the lowest I have been since September 1999! At one point after Kylie I had gotten down to 148 but that was the lowest. I was a little afraid to get on the scale this morning since I had a couple of mediocre days but I guess they didn't hurt. Maybe they helped! Ok, well, I gotta go. I'll check in later and get more personal then!

TTYL!!!
Old 02-21-2004, 01:38 PM   #15  

My Dh brought home Girl Scout cookies yesterday. I had two for breakfast.
I am tempted to throw them away. Dh said that he wanted to support the girls. I told him to give them the money and not to take the cookies.

I went to the gym this morning on two cookies and it was so tough not having a good breakfast in my system. I did get 30 min in and went to check on JW and he was ready to go. Teaches me a lesson with those cookies. I am getting plenty of water in my system.

JW is napping and we have his pictures at 430 today. I hope we can get a smile out of him.

Congrats on all of the great losses this week!

Melinda
Closed Thread