Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 06:01 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default LO CARB #53 The ride is smoothing out, please pass the duct tape

Starting a new thread on a monday. There were some weekend posts on # 52 if you need to catch up.
Weekly Challenge
I am challenging myself this week to be OP
Drink 2 liters of water daily
and work out 3 times.
Any one else want to post a challenge for themselves?
Old 02-16-2004, 08:46 AM   #2  

Sorry im all challanged out on the 100 lb club board. Over there i am trying to get down 1 inch in my waist by april fools and to drink 2 large glasses of water with every meal. I am so excited i might be getting a puppy in april! I have wanted a pembroke welch corgi for about 4 years now and I have finally found a breeder that has them near me and doesnt wan 800 dollars for one! But they wont be ready to go until april 10th. They were born on valentines day. Anyone have any ideas for a registration name for a little girl born on valentines? I was thinking of something like Maple Leafs Little Bit o' Love or something like that.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:29 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Clueless on naming dogs I made a big funny mistake the one time I had a regestered dog. I will tell you all about it some day. Your 100 lb club challlenge can also be sent ever here to us.

OP again yesterday and holding strong. I feel good.

challenge exercise 4 days atleast and OP with water over 2 l.

Running for the next few days!!! I will POP in!

OP remember
Old 02-17-2004, 05:58 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Hey DIdn't fair well on the first day of the challenge
But I will be better prepared today

Julie just use the same challenge here and let us know how you are doing!

Hey Sue running already? Good for you. Bot when I did that it really boosted my metabolism.
Hoping against hope I will have a better day all the way around today. It was awful yesterday.

but to be accountable
b- 2 eggs cheese
l-salad w/ chicken
d- turkey, corn, scoop of instant mashed potos
s- orange litw cool whip
2 6 0z glasses of water ( forgot my water bottle)
no workout
Old 02-18-2004, 04:37 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Good morning all how goes it for everyone?
Another sad day in the life of striving to be OP. Went too long without eating then was starving. Stress is over the limit and compounded with PMS. You'll note how early it is. Up since 3:30, thinking about work. If people would just do their jobs it would be so much easier. But people are human. Today I have my lunch planned and packed. My water bottle is packed. Now if I could only not go to work. HMMMM..

Enough about me

Sue how goes it with you? Exercise going well?

Dana, how is your foot and tummy? what renovations are you doing? How are your boys/ Still in college? How is work?

Pam my dear I fear that you are ill again? My prayers are with you

Kina, how is school? Are you still getting in some exercise

Bunna, how is the bible study? and your eating going? Please don't let little bumps in teh road keep you from support.

Melody How far along are you? Hope you are well

Julie How are you our new friend? How is your mom?
I hate when I get to what I think is the end and I worry that I firgot someone.

Well girls It is wednesday Lets great it with a smile!
Old 02-18-2004, 04:49 AM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

Gosh Pat I thought I was the only one up at this ungodly hour!!

I am up to exercise. food is going good exercise is still waiting for me to kick it up a notch. but I feel it will not be long. You know some times that PMS will kill your plans. do not let your self get that hungry!!! EAS has some great protien shakes. just do not get the chocolate. the strawberry and berry are realy good and the vanilla is not to bad it tastes similar to a custard.. I use that at times I do not get near food dispite my best intentions. USE them!!!! do not try to put it all together at one time, work on the diet first before the exercise or the exercise before the diet it will fall in place better that way you can adjust to the new life style!!

As for workers I know the story well!!! just do your job and things will go better. do not stand there and complain just work you are wasting time. and so not stay you are going to do something and not do it with out telling some one that it is not done!!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:42 PM   #7  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good afternoon!

I joined Curves this morning, worked out , bought some vitamins and have been eating OP today. I really debated about doing something besides lo carb but I feel best on lc so am back at it.

I have had so far:
chicken club salad w/bc for lunch
a pria bar for snack

One of my goals for this week is to turn my eating hours around a little. I don't like to eat breakfast so really have to force myself to do that. I go without until late in the day but then I don't eat dinner until 9 or 10 at night and then snack a little after that then go to sleep at 1 or 2 then get up at 9 or so. My goal is to eat at the restaurant around dinner time and then have a snack when I get home then stop eating. Get my times turned around some for sleeping and eating.

Pat, I get into trouble too if I wait too long to eat, I tend to just grab whatever is handy and it usually is not lc and not a healthy choice.
I stocked up on Atkins shakes so I can grab and run if I need to. Hope work went alright today.

Sue, how far do you run? I don't do PMS anymore but sure do the hot flashes

Got a new washer and dryer this a.m. So quiet I can't believe it.

Talk to you all later.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:16 PM   #8  

Hey ladies! I have been soo busy the last 2 days i didnt even get online! I went to the gym and did 16 min on the elliptical and 15 on the treadmill and then took the kids to play in the pool! I am attempting to get at least 24 oz water with each meal plus. When i am not home that is not the easiest to do.

Bunna- Great job on the curves. I thought about joining there but i wanted a pool and needed a daycare so it was not possible for me. I hope you like it alot!

Sue-I have never gotten the nerve to try protein shakes myself althoug i will grab a ONE WAY bar once in a while. Are the eas protien shakes pre made or something you mix yourself? I am curious about this dog story.....

Pat- I am doing good just really trying to get into a routine to get to the gym and the kids are not in school this week so i have been spending the days with my mom. She will be having surgery on the 8th of march to have her gallbladder out so she cant exercise much right now. Kinda miss having her along with me!

I hope i didnt forget anyone but i am kinda in a hurry! Take care all you lovely ladies!
Old 02-19-2004, 05:23 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,
Had a much better day yesterday, PMS is still rearing its ugly head but the planning is better so I ATE OP AND GOT MY WATER IN! And just think as BUNNA reminded me whenI no Longer PMS I can have hot flashes! A good share of my co-workers are sharing that experience right now!

Hey Sue OP co-GOddess Way to go . Thanks for the commonsence advise. Back to planning and preparing for emergencies. Being the boss certainly brings on challenges.

Bunna. I have some staff that have done very well at Curves. I was going to join, but I forgot that in a month or so we well get a free temp membership at the Y so I will use that until it runs out. There are alot of different lo carb woe. You might read the south beach diet. Phase 2 allows foods that are complex carbs. this way may fit better into your life style. I think its important to do something that is easily adjustable to. But I do agree that meal times and waht you are eating will help. Don't get discouraged while you are finding out what will work for you.

Julie OP Goddess I agree that the water is hard to get in. Congrats on getting teh most out of your gym. Hope your mom will be alright. I just think how much easier her recovery will be with less weight on board!

Hello everyone else.
Looking at another OP day.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:34 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

I named the dog thinking that you give a dog 3 names. not realizing that they use all 3 namesin it NAME. so I decided Bella, then freckles (as it had freckles) and nosey (as it was nosey) so when I got its papers back i just rolled on the floor laughing at my dog named bella freckles nosey!!

as for running I used to do about 2-4 miles almost every day. I have not started again as i am too heavy and am afraid of shin splints as i had them before at this weight. but I am egar to start again I hope soon. I love my weight lifting more though!!

Protien shakes I get the premade ones as they usaly are hard to mix and well I like convienience. I get the EAS low carb 2-3 carbs each and same with the eas bars make sure you get the carb control. vanilla, strawberry and berry are fav of the shakes and I willeat only 2 of their bars. cookies and cream, or lemon cheese cake. those are the only ones that i can actuallly enjoy when eating. needless to say i will not be overdoing it on the bars!!

Bunna great job with curves. it is so good when you can have a routine going. I find it hard to fit into a regluar pattern or what to do next. so I neeed to plan as if i have tome to do that. But just getting out there is the best thing you can do. i know many people that have done great with curves, they do not have hours that would work for me and i am a member of the gym (YMCA) and get a locker and can keep all my shower stuff there and they open early so i am in my glory!!!

Truning around your eating pattern and sleep pattern sound like a great idea. be aptient it takes time. goold luck. and if you do change you pattern for eating do it slowly. but I llike you do feel so much better on low carb. that is where i feel my body is best fed.

Well I need ot get my coffee and run to the gym!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 01:37 PM   #11  
Bunnababy

Julie: I have a love hate relationship with the elipitcal machine. I feel great after I am done but boy oh boy when I am on there.

Pat: Good job staying OP yesterday. Hope you do as well today too. I keep wondering why it is so hard to do what feels good. We always feel better when we eat right and yet there we are eating stuff we know will make us feel lethargic and yucky.

Sue: Love the name! If you have not actually registered your puppy you can call the breeder and ask them to get another registration form so you can name her what you really want to for her formal name. Only they can get a new form from AKC though.

I ate OP yesterday, took my vitamins, drank my water, and exercised. To be honest not being able to complete that stress test scared me. I weigh myself and I think 300 is my next stopping off place and then where from there. I always wonder when it is that people lose hope and just don't try anymore, whatever that point is I don't want to reach it. I even had myself convinced that my overeating and bad shape had no effect on other people but it does. If I get sick my family has to take care of me, if I die my grandkids don't know their grandma as well as they could have. Talk about lying to myself.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:17 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

Bunna you are sure ready to do this I know the feeling just realize that you are certaily n=woth it all!! what would the kids do with out their mommy??? don't you want to play with them???? they deserve to know who their mommy really is. not have then raised by some one else!!

You are a strong lady and I know you can do this!!! come and stand proud

Today I noticed some mile marks I have started to see my cheek bones again and my fat is getting gooshier. and floppier. that means my fat is starting to shrink!! I am excited>>>

the bella freckeles nosey was a dog I had many years ago and gave her to a friend as i was working too many hours and had a small baby and she was way to hyper to be kept in a house or tied down. I DID how ever came home from work with a beagle bassett mix!! she is so cute I am not sure what to name it I am thinking Frankie. she has a rotty coloring but bassett body with beagle face
Old 02-20-2004, 04:41 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Good morning all
Well so much for challenging myself. I guess the steps need to be smaller. But I had another OP day got MOST of the water in. Kinda tried to get too much in my day and today will be worse. Kinda hard to admit that I have limits and can't do it all.

Sue I am sorry I guess when you said you were running I took it literally rather than "running" thru your day. It won't be long though. I am seeing that you are back in teh zone. I gave my secong employee evaluation yesterday using teh new way. Went better than the first one.

Julie, hope you had another good day

Bunna Thanks for the support it is so important to me. I know that when I seem to be doing poorly I think that no one needs to hear it, but that is really when I need to be here. The weekends are hardest for me. I agree that cake doesn't even taste as good as I remeber and yet I find myself upset if I can't have it. And right now I feel so much better because in teh past few days I have been eating better and I have no heartburn, I don't feel hung over and have energy and yet I will throw it all away for something that will take me all of 30 secs to eat.

Pam, Kina, Dana hope you are all well.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:33 PM   #14  
Bunnababy

Made it OP yesterday. I have not been counting calories but I am eating enough food. Thought I would put that in since last time you guys thought maybe I wasn't eating enough. Back to Curves this morning pretty soon. Gonna let that Keto Oatmeal settle in a little.

Sue: I thought you were getting the new Corgi puppy. Who is getting one? Your Beagle mix sounds like a cutie though. We have two Boxers, one Boston Terrier, and one shepherd mix. Do kitty cat rescue so have eight of those critters. Have to put that compassionate heart God gave me to work somehow.

Sue and Pat: What do you do for a living? I own an Italian restaurant and the worst part is the employees most of the time. Somebody is always up to something. What type of evaluation form are you using?

Pat: I sometimes can't decide if my limits are age related or weight related. Unfortunately, I think they are mostly weight or should I say fortunately as that I can change or have some control over.

Talk to you all later. Hope if any of you others are lurking you will check in and let us know how you are doing. This weight loss path is too long for us to travel it alone.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:18 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Hope this goes through I again have been having computer problems!! UGH!!!

Pat I know you have been the queen at this so I knw that you can do it. BUT you need to lovee your self enough to say NO. that means not to just value yourself but and care about you but to realize that is it life is worth it. that you really need to slow down and get a handle about your life. and that is the hard part. grabing life by the horns and telling it you have control even when the c9ontrol is not there. it is slow baby steps. I had a lul in work when I get my self started so It worked to my advantage.

bunna I am a nurse in a nursing home. I just last july started as nurse manager. so I deal with all the staffing prolems and the fact some people are just lazy. and family issues and all that stuff.

well I am starved I was a refferee for a while at work. I almost just died!!! had a few people go bad too. not a good day!!! so I had better go and eat. Ophelia is doing just fine!!!
Closed Thread